Categories > Celebrities > Dir en grey > Dir en grey: Kokoro ga itai (My heart aches)..

Hug me and kiss my soul

by Konekochan 2 reviews

It's finally the day of the date and Sayuri is a bit...hyper. Kyo is amused by her energy and how outgoing she is around him, but how will it all wrap up at the end of the day? What will Kyo confess?

Category: Dir en grey - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Die, Kyo, Toshiya - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 5168 words

1Funny
Chapter 5: Hug me and kiss my soul

Blitz had ended just a week ago, and right now Sayuri was getting ready for her date with Kyo. She checked herself in the mirror again, and looked over at her clothes; she was wearing a grey hoodie shirt with short sleeves, her left arm as always covered with a glove, a pair of jeans, and her favorite pair of Converse. She took her medicine, put her inhaler in her pocket, and just sat down to watch some TV while she waited for Kyo to pick her up, since he insisted on it. A few minutes later her phone rang, she picked it up and it was the security guard.
"Miss Rowe there is a certain Kyo Nishimura here to see you, is it the one you told me was going to visit you?" asked the guard.
"Hai Sato-san, tell him I'll be right there in a minute." she said and hung up going out and taking the elevator. When she got out she saw Kyo standing there glaring silently at the guard.
"Hey Kyo." she said snapping him out of the glare.
"Oh, hey, well shall we go?" he asked as he bowed his head slightly greeting her.
"Hai, let's go!" she said pointing dramatically towards the door and dragging him outside.
"Well you're awfully cheerful today." Kyo said smirking a bit.
"So, is it a crime? I feel happy today, it's a nice day, I had a nice high caffeine coffee, and you're taking me I don't know where but it's ok cause it's been like forever since someone has asked me to go out with them cause I'm a serious girl." she said dramatically and a bit hyper.
"I see the caffeine works, and the hell if someone sees you right now they wouldn't think you're serious." he said chuckling a bit as he opened the passenger door of his car for her.
"Awww you're such a gentleman, I hope you don't drive like a maniac." she said as she got in and buckled quickly.
"Pfft, don't worry I don't plan on crashing my car into anything...well maybe Toshiya and Die if they happen to be crossing the road hehehe..." Kyo said with an evil smile on his face as he got in the car, turned it on and drove out of the apartment complex.
"You're so mean, how could you say that?! No, you can't kill them I like 'em they're both cute and dorky and fun." Sayuri said trying to say it seriously but it just made her laugh.
"Nah, you're right without them it wouldn't be Dir en grey." he said while keeping his eyes on the road.
"Ok, let's play a game, questions! Stupid ones though, so I go first. Describe your band mates in 5 words and explain just one description." she said smiling gingerly.
"First, are you bipolar? Second, that's not a question." he said raising an eyebrow.
"Just go with it, and no it's just coffee makes me hyper." she said poking his arm.
"Ok, first Kaoru; paranoid, macho man, big idiot, leader, evil. Paranoid cause he can overreact over the smallest things. Shinya; quiet, shy, good, effeminate, psycho. Psycho cause when he's drunk he scares the hell out of everyone. Die; dork, temperamental, Coca-Cola addict, stupid, nerdy. Dork cause he always is doing idiot stuff and picking on Shinya cause he thought he was a girl when he first saw him. And Toshiya; sex addict, idiot, toothy, sentimental, stinky feet. Sex addict cause I swear the guy only has 2 brain cells; one for doing everyday stuff and one for sex." Kyo said chuckling while he described them; Sayuri was already laughing her head off.
"Haha! You're so evil! But it's funny! Ok ok, ask me away!" she said wiping away her tears of laughter.
"Hmm, etto, are you a Star Wars fan and if yes do you like to dress up as Darth Vader?" he asked not really knowing what to ask.
"No I am not a Star Wars fan..." she said quietly.
"Meh, I knew it, almost no girls like Star Wars, you probably were just complying to your cousins-" he said disappointed but was cut off by Sayuri.
"I love Star Wars you num nut! And yes I do dress up as Darth Vader and during the last years I've been going to Star Wars conventions and cosplaying as him." she said excitedly. "Don't tell me you're a fan too?" she asked with hopeful eyes.
"Course I am! I don't go to conventions, but yeah I'm a fan. Holy fuck you're the first girl I've met who is a Star Wars fan." he said trying to keep his cool and not get too excited.
"Yay! Let's talk about Star Wars now, and see who's the most hardcore fan." she suggested and talk about Star Wars they did until they got to where Kyo was taking her.

"Shopping mall...You're taking me shopping yahoo!" she said triumphantly again surprising Kyo with her cheerfulness, which she didn't show too often around many people.
"Yep, that's just part one." he said as they got out of the car.
"You mean there's part two?" she said with puppy eyes as they walked to the entrance of the mall.
"Hai, but I won't spoil anything so don't even ask." he said smirking to himself.
"Aww, ok ok I won't ask." she said as they went in and she looked around seeing where they should go first.
"Oh where should we go first?" she asked looking around as Kyo put on a pair of shady sunglasses and a hat and scarf to hide his identity.
"Wherever you want to." he said as he looked around suspiciously making sure no one had noticed.
"Hey no fair I don't get to see your big cheeked face." she said pouting like a little girl.
"I'm not risking myself to possible fangirls." he said stating the obvious.
"Oh right...ok then how bout we go first to... the fucking arcade!" she said as she pointed at it dramatically.
"Fine potty mouth." he said as they walked towards it.
"Look who's talking, anyways run that's why you have legs for!" she said as she dragged him running to the arcade.
"Which first, which first?" Sayuri said trying to decide which game to play first.
"Anything but-" said Kyo but was cut off by Sayuri's squeal.
"Dance Dance Revolution! Come on!" she exclaimed and dragged him over to the machine he most despised.
"You play I don't want to play that crap." he said grumpily.
"Aww party pooper, come on you don't have to jump around like a maniac." she said dragging him over to the machine and already putting coins on the slots. Sayuri chose a not so fast so but still fast for Kyo. Sayuri stepped on the arrows smoothly as Kyo looked more like a robot trying to stomp cockroaches.
"Kyo don't tense up, lose yourself, go with it." Sayuri suggested as she kept dancing and Kyo began to get frustrated.
"Fuck, shit, damn it, motherfucking game, I can't fucking relax this thing is too fucking confusing." Kyo cursed as he tried to get better but to no avail. The game was over and Sayuri got a high score and Kyo got the lowest score.
"Booyah! Aww is ok don't get frustrated you tried, hey let's play Tekken now." she said as Kyo growled at DDR before walking over to the Tekken machine with Sayuri.
"Finally the evil game of dancing is over." Kyo said sighing contempt.
"Alright choose your character hurry!" Sayuri said a bit too excited as she chose Roger Jr. and Kyo was still deciding.
"Are you seriously gonna use that kangaroo?" Kyo asked raising an eyebrow as he chose Kazuma.
"Hai, and I'm gonna kick your big ass with it." Sayuri said grinning in anticipated victory.
"You wish...hey I don't have a big ass, and you should look at yours first." Kyo said smirking as the game was about to start.
"You're gonna wish you never said that Mister Kawaii." Sayuri said with a dark look in her eyes as she prepared to start the button mashing. Kyo gasped at her for calling him kawaii and began to growl dangerously.
"Oh you are so in for a major abuse in this game." Kyo said and the game began. They were evenly matched for a while, both of them blocking a lot and then smashing the buttons like crazy. Suddenly, Sayuri got the opportunity to execute a throw and that left Kyo with just a bit of life.
"No! I won't let you!" Kyo yelled and began smashing Sayuri's side of buttons trying to make her lose.
"Nooo!! Cheater, cheater!" she yelled and began to do the same thing to Kyo's side. In the end the round ended with a double K.O.
"Shit! I'll get you this time you sissy cheater!" Sayuri said sticking her tongue out at Kyo.
"I don't care, anyways anything is fair in war." Kyo said shrugging as the next round began and the button smashing started once again. After a while and some crazy moves, both were with just a tiny line of life left.
"RAAAAWWWRRR!!!" they both yelled at the same time, getting weird looks from the other gamers, and they dealt the final blow and it ended in...
"Double K.O. again!! No fucking way!!" Sayuri yelled pulling at her hairs. "I would've won the first round if you hadn't cheated!" she accused pointing a finger at him.
"Feh! You would've lost anyways." Kyo said and they continued to play different games, but because of their constant yelling and outbursts when they got too excited playing, they got a lot of weird looks from the other people in the arcade.
"Etto, let's go somewhere else, people are starting to look at us too much." Kyo suggested eyeing the other people weirdly and evilly, as he grabbed Sayuri's hand and dragged her out of the arcade. She blushed when they continued walking through the mall and he still held her hand.
"Etto, Kyo can I have my hand back?" she said almost in a whisper. Kyo looked at her then down at their hands and let her go quickly, clearing his throat as he did so.
"Sorry." he said as they continued walking.
"It's ok...hey let's go there!" she said pointing to an anime and manga store and going in gingerly with Kyo close behind. Sayuri looked like a child looking at toys, one second she was observing something and the next she was seeing something else.
"You want to buy something?" Kyo asked as he watched her marvel at the many manga and anime in the store.
"Yeah just let me decide." she said as she continued her marveling. "Why don't you get something then?" she suggested at Kyo who just shrugged.
"Fine, maybe I'll find something gory." he said as he went looking for something of his interest.

=30 minutes later=
"Will you decide already?!" Kyo said a bit altered and tired of waiting for Sayuri to make her decision as he had already made his minutes ago.
"Wait! I can't decide between these 2 anime shows and this 3 manga." she whined looking over at the manga and anime she chose which she layed out on the floor as she looked at them trying to decide. Kyo sighed and took the 2 anime and 3 manga and made way for the cash register.
"Hey! What the hell you doing?" she asked as she got up from the floor and followed Kyo quickly.
"Since you can't decide I'll just buy you all of them." Kyo said frowning slightly as he took out his wallet and was about to pay when Sayuri clinged to his arm like a child.
"Iie!! I'll pay for my stuff! Don't!! Cash-register-man don't take his credit card!!" she yelled dramatically as Kyo raised an eyebrow at her and the cash-register-man looked at her weirdly.
"Don't listen to her and just take the credit card." he said sighing as the cash-register-man took the credit card anyways.

"You baka, you didn't have to buy all that crap for me you know..." Sayuri said pouting when they were outside of the store and she held the bag close to her.
"Bah, you couldn't make a decision so I had to, anyways be grateful I hardly buy stuff for people." Kyo said as he eyed the stores.
"Arigato..." she said almost in a whisper still pouting.
"It's ok." he said smiling at her as she smiled back.

=Later=

They were done shopping, both of them bought clothes and some other crap they thought was necessary and were ready to leave when Sayuri saw a photo booth near the exit.
"Hey! Let's get our pictures taken!" Sayuri exclaimed excited as she started to drag Kyo but he held his ground firmly.
"No, I don't want any stinking photos of me." Kyo complained as he pouted.
"Aww come on Mister Mega Kawaii." Sayuri said with a big grin plastered on her face. Kyo growled and was about to chase her.
"Don't call me that!" he roared and chased her down, only thing he didn't notice was that he chased her down to the photo booth and it was too late when he realized they were already in.
"Haha! You fell for my trap, now pose!" she said as she put money in the machine and posed with the now grumpy Kyo, of course she took off his disguise first. After it was done they waited a while for the photos and when they finally got out Sayuri burst out laughing.
"What's so funny?" Kyo asked raising an eyebrow.
"You, your poses are almost natural." she said showing him the pictures. He was mainly grumpy in all of them and Sayuri was doing silly faces and in the last one both of them were showing the finger and with evil looks in their faces. In another one Sayuri forced Kyo a smile by using her fingers to pull at the sides of his lips.
"Fuck that's why I hate these things." Kyo complained pouting as he handed Sayuri the photos.
"Aww come on you look good, you should relax more though, and anyways you do photo shoots with the band I don't know why you complain...here these are for you." she said smiling giving him the other copy of photos.
"Arigato." he said as they continued walking outside towards his car.
"So where to next, General Warumono?" Sayuri joked saluting him as they got in his car.
"Well I was thinking the movies, and then maybe you'll take me to the Okami and play something for me like you said Private Nonsense." Kyo said chuckling.
"Yay the movies! And sure I'll take you to Okami...hey wait why do I get to be a fucking private?" Sayuri asked pouting but trying not to laugh.
"Cause you're younger than me." Kyo said with a smug smile as he drove to the theater.
"Pfft, just 3 years younger than you, I wanna be a Sergeant!" she said crossing her arms playfully.
"Fine you're Sergeant Nonsense." Kyo said laughing a bit.
"Aww your laughter is so cute you should laugh more." Sayuri said giggling knowing it pissed Kyo off.
"Shut up." Kyo said pouting as he continued driving.

After a while they arrived at the theater and were trying to decide which movie to watch.
"Anything but romance please, those suck major ass." Sayuri said shuddering at the thought of a romantic movie.
"My exact thoughts...well the only thing that doesn't look to bullshity is the only horror movie playing..." Kyo said looking at Sayuri for an answer.
"Hmm, ok I wanna make fun of the crazy screaming girls and the nonsense killers." Sayuri said grinning evilly as Kyo smirked and bought the tickets.

=Later=

Kyo and Sayuri were both trying hard not to laugh out loud so they didn't get kicked out. The movie was just plain crap horror and every time the monster killed someone Kyo and Sayuri burst out laughing.
"Kyo...I can't hold it in...This movie is just too cheap and funny..." Sayuri said snickering biting her lips to stop the laughter. Instead of answering Kyo burst out laughing maniacally and holding his sides.
"Kami-sama this sucks!" was the only thing Kyo managed to say between his crazy laughter which made Sayuri burst out laughing as well.
In the end they were kicked out and either of them could care less.
"Hehe, I guess you're not mad that we got kicked out ne?" Kyo asked chuckling as they went in a nearby ice cream shop to get something before going over to Okami.
"Not at all, I'm actually glad I think I would've died of laughter if it went on...Oh I want pistachio!" Sayuri said smiling as the ice cream lady who was behind the counter got her a cone.
"Yeah...make mine chocolate." Kyo ordered smirking still amused by the theater event. Once they paid they went outside walking slowly towards where the car was parked as they ate their ice cream.
"Kyo?" Sayuri said as she walked with him.
"Yeah?" Kyo said looking at her as he continued walking.
"Arigato, for taking me out today, I've had a great time...You know when I first met you, besides the fact that you were a complete ass to me, I never thought you would turn out to be a great person as I've seen today." Sayuri said smiling warmly at him.
"Oh, do itashimashite. I'm glad you've had a good time, I've enjoyed myself as well, and I didn't think you would be, um, nice and fun to be around...Really, I've never thought of myself as a great person like you said..." Kyo said getting a bit serious as he finished the sentence.
"Don't say that, you are a great person and believe me when I say so, you're also nice to be around you know...Well I'm done let's get going." Sayuri said as she finished her ice cream and Kyo finished a bit after her.
"Hey you got ice cream on your face." Kyo said as he noticed a smudge beside the right side of her lips.
"Ah! Where where? Point out where!" Sayuri said a bit frantic rubbing her face everywhere except the smudge.
"Stay still will you, here." Kyo said making her stop and cleaning the smudge with his thumb, which he then put on his mouth and licked it clean, his action making Sayuri blush and space out.
"Hey, Earth to Sayuri are you alive? You're red..." Kyo said raising an eyebrow and waving a hand in front of her face snapping her out of her lost gaze.
"Ah! What? Oh sorry I disconnected suddenly." Sayuri said ashamed shaking her head to get her hair in her face in order to hide her shame as she continued walking quickly towards the car.
"Oh I see, did I make you blush?" Kyo asked with a sly smirk on his face making her look at him.
"Idiot! Of course not! Let's just get to Okami before I kick you where the sun don't shine you perv." Sayuri said pouting and hiding her blush again when she saw Kyo's smirk.
"Whatever you say Sergeant Nonsense." Kyo said still smirking as they both got in the car and Kyo drove them to Okami.

When they got there Sayuri opened the door of the Okami which was closed for the day.
"Its closed today?" Kyo asked as they went in.
"Yep, Okami doesn't open on Sundays." Sayuri said as she turned on the lights and walked towards the empty stage.
"How come you have the keys then?" Kyo asked as he walked to a couch near the stage and took a seat.
"Damn you ask a lot of questions. Because I'm in the management dummy." she said from backstage.
"Pfft, sorry for asking too much." Kyo said pouting as he rested his head in his hand.
"Aww don't take it personally." Sayuri mocked laughing a bit as she brought the piano from backstage. "And thank god for piano with wheels." she said grinning pointing to the wheels the piano had as Kyo shaked his head while smirking.
"So what are you gonna play for me?" Kyo asked as he got comfortable in the couch.
"Hmm, let's see...Corpore." she answered as she sat down and played a few notes on the piano to test it, then got ready to start taking in a deep breath and fixing her gaze in front of her she began playing a more complex and rhythmic melody than the ones she usually played. Kyo fixed his gaze on her observing intently, he could hear the melancholy in her playing and how her fingers never slipped out of key. After the intro she began singing.

{Today is...nothing
Tomorrow becomes...deadly
Yesterday was...him

Dying in front of this child
Mother cries until her heart freezes
Who is he? I don't know him
No one listens to the girl in the pendant

Weave like thread, snap like wire
No one listens to the pain in my heart, they just look at it
As my scarred soul screams out a death sentence
Please, please just promise me...

The girl in the pendant cries out
As her left is bound by him
Why is he here? I hate him
She bursts out and lets out her chained rage

Weave like thread, snap like wire
No one listens to the pain in my heart, they just look at it
As my scarred soul screams out a death sentence
Please, please just promise me...

Today is...nothing
Tomorrow becomes...deadly
Yesterday was...him
Now is...loneliness}

Sayuri finished singing and played the last notes on the piano, her hair covered her face and she bowed down over the keys. She raised her head and turned to look at Kyo but he wasn't there.
"Kyo?" she asked out loud frowning from confusion and worry. Suddenly, she feels hands being placed on her shoulders, which caused her to jump slightly and gasp. She looked up and saw that it was Kyo with a sad look on his face.
"Kyo, what-" she began but was cut off by him.
"That song...does it tell your story?" he asked as he sat down beside her still looking at her.
"I-what makes you think that Kyo? It's just a song afterall." Sayuri said looking away from him with a concerned look on her face, fearing Kyo had really gotten through her song. Kyo put his hand on her cheek gently and made her look at him.
"Sayuri, we're both song writers, I know how to decipher lyrics, and you know that the lyrics I write are very mixed up and confusing...Its obvious that the girl in the pendant in the song is you..." Kyo said looking at her seriously, she looked at him wondering how he deciphered that and he pointed at the violet pendant she always wore. Sayuri stammered and played with her fingers feeling nervous, after all she's never told anyone about her past, except of course her family.
"Kyo I...yes you're right, but can we please not talk about that now, I don't feel comfortable talking about it..." Sayuri said looking down sadly.
"I understand...I don't want to press you either, but it's just I..." Kyo said trailing off frowning not really secure about what he was about to say, Sayuri looked at him expectantly.
"You what?" she asked still keeping her gaze on him.
"I worry....I can see that you've been hurt, and I can compare, not just because of me, but because of people I've met throughout my life...I don't want to make you upset, I'm just speaking out my mind..." Kyo said as Sayuri stared at him a bit shocked.
"Worry?...Kyo I don't want you to worry about me, I'm-" she said but was cut off by Kyo.
"No, don't say again that you're fine, I've heard it too many times. Look, I really want to help you...I want to understand you..." Kyo said looking intently at her.
"Kyo what do you mean? Why would you?" she asked getting frustrated not seeing where Kyo was going with all this.
"Can I show you? I'm not really good at expressing it in words." Kyo asked never taking his gaze from hers.
"Yeah, show me what then." she answered and just as she did Kyo leaned in closing the gap between them and kissed her softly and lovingly unlike last time. Sayuri was shocked at first, but she responded shyly at the end, and looked away covering her face in her hair. She was blushing and felt insecure about what Kyo was trying to say.
"Do you understand now?" Kyo asked lifting her chin making her look at him.
"Kyo...what am I supposed to understand? Why would anyone feel something for me? Why would you?" she asked looking away sorrowfully.
"Because I see someone great and beautiful underneath that mask you put up most of the time...Sayuri I can't ignore my feelings, I can't deny it any longer and needed to let you know, cause something just kept pressing me to...I shouldn't ask this but, do you feel something too? If not it's ok, I'm not gonna go all dramatic on you..." Kyo said really hoping Sayuri would reciprocate his feelings for her, though he didn't show it and just kept his serious look.
Sayuri tried to look anywhere but at Kyo, she was nervous, she really was confused about her feelings for him. The part of her that wanted to move on said yes, and the other insecure part stuck in the past said no.
"Kyo I...I can't really say I...I'm sorry..." was all she said as she looked away from him not wanting to see his face as she answered.
"It's ok I won't take it personally...come on let's get you home you must be tired." Kyo said normally as he got up and walked towards the door, Sayuri followed with a sad and regretful look on her face.
'I do...I have feelings for him, I can't deny it to myself anymore...' she thought as she realized this when she saw him leave her side.

Kyo drove towards Sayuri's apartment; he was silent as well as Sayuri. Sayuri looked down at her fidgeting fingers, thinking if she should give him the answer of her feelings. She hated this dead silence and the tense atmosphere.
'I can't keep quiet much longer, I have to start breaking my mask, and move on...I won't let my past hold me back...' she thought to herself determined to start being more open, and that first step was to let Kyo know she also had feelings for him.
She turned to look at him but his eyes were fixed on the road, with a serious look on his face, the one he usually had. He was driving with one hand and the right one rested on the arm rest in the middle between their seats. They came to a red light and Kyo stopped waiting for it to change. Sayuri took the chance and moved her left hand to Kyo's right hand and enlaced her fingers with his. Kyo seemed a bit shocked and turned to look at her, what met him was her soft smile, reassuring him that she also had feelings for him.
His expression softened and he smiled back warmly. There wasn't need for words now; the silence between them now was a calm, understanding one. The light changed to green and just as Kyo continued driving he never let go of her hand, instead he held it tightly.
Sayuri felt like a weight had just lifted from her shoulders, she felt way better now that she opened to him like he had earlier.

They arrived at Sayuri's apartment complex and looked at each other not knowing what to say really.
"So, I guess I'll see you at practice? Kaoru still wants you to come to practice, he says he could use the help of another musician like yourself." Kyo said looking into her violet eyes.
"Sure, I'd love to. So, thanks again for today Kyo, I had a wonderful time." she said smiling thankfully.
"Yeah so did I, well have a good night Sayuri." Kyo said giving her his famous smirk.
"Good night Kyo." she said and instead of just leaving, she leaned in and gave him a quick soft kiss on the lips and then got out of the car. Kyo was caught a bit off guard but smirked as she parted.
"Oh and by the way, you have a beautiful singing voice." he said as she closed the door of his car and she muttered an "Arigato." and went into the building.
Just as he was about to reverse out of the parking his cell phone rang making him jump because he hadn't heard the damn thing ring all day.
"What?" Kyo answered grumpily when he saw in the cell phone screen that it was Die.
"Soooo, how was your date Waru-" Die asked but was cut off by an all too familiar annoying voice.
"Did you give it to her?!" asked Toshiya all too cheerful.
"What the fuck?! Die what the hell I didn't tell you anything what makes you think I went on a date with who?!" Kyo snapped now pissed as he drove.
"Ooops, I didn't tell ya! Toshiya eavesdropped on you two lovebirds that day at the hotel, it was pure casualty cause he was gonna get something to drink and caught you two." Die explained and Toshi's crazy laughter could be heard in the background.
"That I did!!" yelled Toshi almost deafening Kyo.
"You fucker Toshiya! I hate you, anyways you two better keep your fucking mouths shut or else I'll slice your abdomens open, and then I'm gonna chop your guts out and cook 'em in an open fire." Kyo warned dangerously as he could still hear laughter.
"Ok ok our fucking mouths are fucking shut. Anyways come on tell us about the date!" Die whined.
"No...way." Kyo said uncaringly.
"Awww party pooper." Toshi whined.
"Yeah you meanie, hey if you don't tell us we're gonna tell on you!" Die threatened laughing evilly as Kyo flinched.
"Fuck! Ok I'll be over at your house and tell you morons about it...just fucking let me drive, you retards make it hard to concentrate." Kyo said sighing.
"Fine Grumpy-sama! See ya soon!" Die said and as he hung up Toshiya yelled a "I love you Big Ass Warumono!" making Kyo growl as he hung up and continued towards Die's house cursing the whole way.
Sign up to rate and review this story