Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

Boy Meets Girl, Girl Hates Boy

by ForNeverYours 1 review

Aubrey moves in and meets her stalker.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 2178 words

0Unrated
Aubrey's POV

"Ok, welcome to our new home." My dad said turning the moving van into the driveway of an upper middle class suburban house. You know the kind, sometimes white siding, if you're lucky brick.
I sighed and slid out of the seat before the van even came to a stop. Standing in front of the house I glanced up at the three stories that were all going to be inhabited with my mother's knick-knacks and my dad's war memorabilia.
Quickly slipping off my sunglasses and putting them in my trusty teal tote bag with The Ramones, The Clash, and The Cure pins that littered the front in no order. Then trying to no avail to fix the hair that fell out of my mess of a pony tail, most of it falling out from the unexpected nap I took between Vermont and Pennsylvania.
Just as I turned to start getting my things out of the moving van my mom turned to my dad and tapped her foot impatiently.
"This doesn't look at all like it did in the description." She said crossing her arms and staring my helpless dad down.
"Yes it does honey, dear." He stuttered.
"No it doesn't." She snapped. "The description said lovely brick accents."
I just rolled my eyes and picked up my duffle bag and beloved guitar case from the back. And walking right past my mom who was ripping my dad to pieces. I climbed the steps and found a room that looked right, walk in closet, bathroom, giant wall space for my many posters.
I walked up to the window and lifted it up with ease, breathing in the warm summer air. It kind of made me home sick, not have the heavy scent of salt and sand in the air. I pulled in another breath and noticed a boy in the house across the street staring out the window at our house. Out of character I raised my hand and gently waved it. I could see him tense up even from my distance and turn away quickly.
Laughing lightly I turned to go back down and get more of my things. The Mom vs. Dad rumbled had moved inside, actually in the kitchen where my mom was putting a box of dishes on the floor.
"Where are you?" I said to myself as I looked through the mountain of suitcase looking for the last of my suitcases. "Aha!"
I fought with the laws of physics for a time and finally got then out by pulling with all my weight and landing on my back in the driveway. I quickly got up and dusted myself off checking around me to make sure nobody saw that. Sadly I looked up at the neighbor's house and noticed that boy staring at me intently. Biting my lip I waved lightly and picked up my things before quickly running back into the house and up to my new room.
I hummed softly to myself as I settled the suitcase on the floor and glanced around at what I had to work with. A knock sounded at my door and my dad came in carrying the box that held my one baby, my stereo.
"Thanks dad, I was looking for it."
"Sure thing Aubrey, just do one thing." He said wiping the sweat with a rag in his back pocket. "Stay out of the kitchen, your mother's on another rampage."
"Wouldn't dream of it." I said taking it out of the box and plugging it into the outlet. "When will the other truck get here with the furniture?"
"Soon." He sighed glancing out the window and noticing that boy, but shook it off and walked out leaving me with my music.
"What can we listen to?" I mumbled looking through my CD case and picking a local band from Maine, I couldn't even think of who they were.
I hummed and danced along as I unpacked my clothes and hung them up in the closet. I started moshing to a very heavy angsty song that came on. I picked up my suitcase that held everything I needed for the bathroom and went in, placing shampoo bottles on the bathtub ledge, and placing toothpaste, lotion, and a toothbrush on the sink.
"There." I said feeling the sweat run down my back and making me feel gross and clammy.
I danced over to another suitcase and fished through it until I found my favorite shirt, the first shirt I got at a concert almost five years ago. I pulled off the wife beater I was wearing and threw it on the floor next to the blasting stereo and pulled the other shirt on with ease.
Now that I felt a little better I went over to my canvas art bag and got out a few posters, unrolling them and holding them up; looking for the right place to hang them. I grabbed the industrial size container of thumbtacks and sticking a few on the wall.
After all the posters were hung up I stood back to see my handiwork. I nodded and turned around when I heard a car start and saw the boy and another one take off down the road. I sighed and opened another window, man it was hot out.
"Aubrey!" My dad yelled up the steps. "The furniture is here, come help show the movers where to put things."
"Alright!" I yelled back turning off my stereo and tromping down the steps.
The movers were a bunch of bumbling narks; in fact if I didn't show them where my room was they'd probably put my bed on the roof. Once they had put everything in the middle of my room I showed/forced them out of my room and did most of the organizing myself because I didn't trust people with my things.
I shoved the bed up in the one corner and put my desk and computer near the one window. The rest of the furniture went in no specific place. And before I knew it, it was dusk and I was finishing hooking up my computer. I attached the last cable and the computer turned on with a little tune that made me kind of smile.
"Now I can just get it online and I can roam my writing sites." I mumbled connecting the phone line and logging on.
I quickly checked my mail and then got on a pretty good smut site, yes I know it was wrong but it felt so right. I smiled as I typed the website out of habit and waited for it to load, hugging my legs to my chest and staring at the pale screen.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw a tiny flashing but ignored it believing it was possibly an approaching storm. Then a thought of that guy came into my mind and I quickly switched off the computer and closed the frilly curtains that I'd have to change the next day.
I pulled on another tank top and a pair of teal striped pajama bottoms and opened the window just a bit more to catch even the slightest breeze in the midnight air. But to little luck, the only thing to come was bugs that held tight to the mesh screen.
I sighed and went over to my bed pulling the lightweight comforter over my already seating legs and lying back slowly and staring up at the white crack ceiling. My eyes slowly slid closed and I fell into a restless, sweating sleep filled with dreams of sitting on the beach and feeling the cold blue water run around me with the pull if the waves.
"Aubrey!" My mother's shrill voice filled my ears as I laid on my stomach, drooling into the pillow. "Aubrey dear are you still asleep?"
"Yes, mom." I groaned pulling the pillow over my head and feeling my head sink deeper into the soft mattress. "That's what happens when its summer and I have no curfew."
"Well, I'm just wondering if you're awake." She said shuffling about my room, I could hear her bend down and pick up my laundry that sat in a crumpled pile in the middle of my room. "You should honestly consider putting your clothes in a safer place."
"And why would I consider that?" I mumbled lifting the pillow off my head and rolling over.
"Because you father has a wild notion to get a mongrel for your birthday." She said putting the dirty clothes in her laundry basket that sat resting against her hip.
"No way, dad's getting me a dog?" I squealed jumping out of bed and hugging my mom.
"Sadly, I think it's the only fair since I got in a fight with him over the color of the house."
"Oh thank you mommy." I said hugging her tightly and pulling back quickly.
"Well I should go wash these clothes." She cleared her throat and walked out of the room. "Oh and you father won't be home until late tonight because of meeting his new bosses."
"Right." I nodded and turned to the window, opening the curtains and letting in the mid morning light.
I started humming as I quickly shed myself of my sticky bed clothes and stepping into the shower. Feeling the hot water stream down my back in rings made me feel a little more relaxed.
Sighing I turned off the water and stepped out, looking at myself in the mirror and shrugging. I drew a tiny heart on the fogged mirror and quickly got dresses in a pair of vintage jeans and a ruby red tank top. Then I brushed the knots out of my semi long red hair.
I turned on my stereo and turned up the volume, not moshing this time but being a casual listener. I rested back on my freshly made bed and read a book trying to kill time. After a while I got bored and threw the book to the side of the bed and started singing.
I got so lost when I sang. When I lived back in Maine my friends and often other people that didn't even know me said I had a great voice and that I should put it to good use. I did try but my mother thought it was a waste of good college searching time, so I hid my talent a lot of the time unless I couldn't hold my tongue and sang my heart out.
I got so lost in singing I barely heard someone knock gently on the door. I quickly got up and turned off my stereo, then turned back to the door.
"Come in." My voice was dry and gross sounding.
The guy across the street stood with his eyes closed in the door way. I smirked and crossed my arms.
"So stalker boy finally decided to show up."
His eye slowly opened and he glanced around my room.
"Hi, my mom came to visit and dragged me along with her." He had his hands in his pockets and he looked down at his shoes.
"Right, I'm sure you were chomping at the bit to come over here." I rolled my eyes and turned my stereo back on.
"Whatever." He sighed walking in a little father.
"Does stalker boy have a name?" I said smartass like walking up to him and looking at his messy brown hair, glasses, and the makings of a beard.
"Andy." He cleared his throat and shot me a glance. "Does peep show chick have a name?"
So he was watching me all that time. I shook my head and bit my lip.
"Aubrey." I said going over to my bed and picking up my book. "Bre for short."
"So, where did you live before you moved here?" He tried failing to make pleasant conversation.
"Maine." I said picking up the last of the things in the box beside my bed and pit them on the shelf above my bed.
"Oh."
A sad silence filled the room and I knew it had to end soon, either I'd make him leave or he'd give up and go home like a good boy should. I heard someone else shuffle into my room and I turned around. The standing was a woman with a very bed frost job and crooked wire glasses. It also looked like she tanned too much.
"Andrew, come on I have things to do." She looked at my posters with disdain and then shot an angry glance at me, then shook her head. "Say goodbye to your little friend."
"Bye." He said sadly as he followed his mom down the steps and out into the street.
I watched them go and heard her talking about how I needed and authority figure and about how my family was a divorce waiting to happen. I shook my head and shot daggers at the backs of both of their head's. Fro, that day I knew to stay away from the Hurley's.
Sign up to rate and review this story