Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Chemical Break Down

Chapter 4

by syntheticlove1 22 reviews

The third part of my Help Me Be Who I Am series. Nevaeh and Frank begin their life together. But what happens when happily ever after..isnt what it was ment to be?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 2152 words

2Moving
Me: Hey you guys, its me.
Sorry it took sooooooooo long writting.
It's just starting to get really hard with chapters and stuff.
I honestly havent forgotten about you guys.
Thanks for still being here with me.
Ima start making special banners and such for people who review.
So now, im going to thank those:

Popciclegirl
cutandbleed
cutegirl12356
Dani
Laura
Elle
xXxVIKKYxXx
MCRlover08
mextaintedemo
neiha
violent_kiss
Tara


Also, if anyone has any idea's for the story, I am more then welcome to them.
So, if you have aim add me: cookiesryummi666
If I decide to use them, I will credit you of course.
Thanks again for still supporting me.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter 4



Days passed, tears fell, bruises faded, people came and went, sympathies were recieved. I got use to the chair that I was now sleeping in everynight. I couldn't leave Frank's side, how could I? He was my husband, the man that I love so much. I stopped crying myself to sleep everynight. If what the doctor said was true, that Frank could actually hear the things that I said to him, that ment that he could hear me cry at night. But that also ment that he heard me telling him that I loved him and that I KNEW he would wake up.
The guys had to go back on tour, but since Frank coudn't go, they had to get a replacement guitarist. At first they insisted, telling me that Frank would wake up in time to do the tour, but I knew he wouldn't. As much as I wanted him too or even as much as I dreamed for him too..I knew he wouldn't. So, I finally talked them into getting another person to play until he woke up. And he was. I knew he was.
Mrs. Iero and my mom would come and sit with me, bring me fresh clothes, some normal food, and check up on Frank. Yes, he was improving. Hell just the other night I felt him squeeze my hand. I was telling him that I loved him and I wasn't going to leave his side until I saw his beautiful eyes. I then asked him to give me a sign...he squeezed my hand. Of course me being who I am, I ran out of the room to find the doctor. He said that he was improving, to just keep talking to him like I was and everything would be fine. So I have been. Reading magazines to him, lyrics that I had been working on for the band and some of his fan mail. I honestly never realized how many lifes that he and the band had touched. It was amazing. Now, all these people were touching me. Telling me that they were sorry and that they were praying for him and they thought about him all the time. It made me feel like Frank was an angel to these people..that they all were.

" Mrs. Iero?"

I turned around and looked at the nurse who would come in and change Frank's bandages. She was an elderly lady, very nice. Once we got moved to a private room, she managed to bring me a dvd player to watch movies on. I smiled at her.

" Yes?"
" It's time to change his bandages."
" Alright."

I moved over into the other chair and watched as she walked over with everything that she needed. It hurt to watch her have to wrap him up like she did. But, I knew it was what she had to do. Once she got done, she patted his hand, gave me a soft and warming smile, then left. I moved back to where I was to begin with and picked up his hand, kissing his knuckles and our wedding ring. Today was going to be a hard day, the first time I was going to actually leave Frank's side. I had an interview at FUSE about Frank. I said yes of course, wanting everyone to know how he was doing. Mrs. Iero was going to sit with him and turn the interview on so he could listen to it. It was a live interview, and I prayed that I would get the call that he woke up.
I took a quick shower and got dressed, fixing my hair and make up. I went back into his room, but I saw Mrs. Iero in my place. I smiled and kissed her cheek.

" Morning Mrs. Iero. How are ya today?"
" Im good dear, really good. How about yourself?"
" That's good. Eh, could be better, but could be alot worse. The pain in my stomach has gone away."
" That's great to hear. What time is the interview?"
" In about an hr, so I have to get going. Watch out for him will ya?"
" Oh you know I will."

I smiled and kissed her cheek one last time before walking to Frank. He looked so angelic sleeping, like he wasnt in any pain at all. And really, he wasnt. I kissed his eyelids, his cheeks, the tip of his nose, his chin, and then finally his lips.

" I love you so much Frank Iero. I will see you soon baby, mom is going to turn on the interview. It's about you. Don't worry, I will be back..I can't stay away from you forever. How about when you wake up, me and you go get matching tattoos. Would you like that?"

I waited for some kind of sign..none. I gently brushed the hair out of his face.

" I know you would, so thats what we will do. The moment you wake up we will go get matching ones."

I kissed him one last time on the lips and said my goodbye, walking out to the elevator and waiting for it. As I was waiting, the doctor came up to talk to me.

" Mrs. Iero, how are you today?"
" Oh you know doc, could be better, hell could be worse. Just glad to be alive."
" And Mr. Iero, how is he?"
" He is doing better I hope."
" I know, that was what I needed to talk to you about."
" What about it?"

Ding! The elevator was there, we both stepped in and I pressed lobby. It was silent for a bit until he spoke first.

" Mrs. Iero..Frank may give you a couple of squeezes..but he inst really improving."

I looked at him like he was crazy. Frank WAS improving, he never would squeeze me before, but now he is.

"Doc, your crazy..he is."
" Would you be willing to sign release papers?"
" What do you mean release papers?! What's that?"
" To pull him off the life support."

I clentched my hands together, I had to stop myself from punching him square in the nose. I wasnt going to sign no damn papers! Frank wasnt going to die.

" No..I am not willing. How dare you! How dare you ask me that! I was in a coma for two fucking years and you never once tried to pull the plug on me!"
" That was different."
" How?!"
" You showed alot more signs of progression."
" He is too, hes touching me."

I walked away from him and out to the street. I pulled out a pack of Marlboro Menthols and began to smoke one. I needed to calm now. But here this doctor is, a person who is suppose to save lifes telling me that he wants to kill my life. I wasnt going to let him do it, even if I had to fight.
I began my walk to the FUSE studio and made it in record time, got my pass from the secetary and made my way to SURS set. Once I got there, I was greeted by Steven, who grabbed me and gave me a big hug. He even shed a couple of tears.

" Nevaeh, I am so sorry."
" It's alright. He's doing better, hes starting to squeeze my hands."
" That's so awesome. Now I need to know....what are things I can't ask you about?"
" Im an open book today Steven."
" Alright. How are you holding up?"

I shrugged and took off my jacket and set my purse down.

" Eh, taking it one day at a time."
" We are all here for you if you need us Nae."
" I know Steven, I know. Believe me, Frank would be happy you all are."

We hugged one last time and took our places on the ugly red couch. Once they set me up with my mic and clipped the battery pack on the back of my pants, me and Steven made small talk until it was time to go.

" Alright guys, 5,4,3,2."

The producer pointed his finger at Steven, motioning for him to begin.

" Hey everyone it's me Steven on Steven's Untiltled Rock Show. We have a extremely special guest today. Nevaeh McCoy who is now Nevaeh Iero. How are you doing Nevaeh?"
" Oh I'm doing good.Just taking it one day at a time."
" Now you and Frank were expecting kids right?"
" Oh yeah, two girls. Twins. I swear they kicked like a soccer player."

We laughed at the joke before Steven's face got serious.

" Now we all have been hearing tons of rumors about what happened with you, Frank, and the girls. Can you kinda..clear things up for everyone?"
" Sure. No, Frank was not drunk, no Frank was not high. It was all just an accident. We were pulling out of Mrs. Iero's house and it was storming pretty bad outside. Mrs. Iero called us to say that we needed to be really careful, and once we got off the phone we were holding hands and he glanced at me. Then we got t-boned. That's all I can remember about the accident. I woke up in the hospital..again. Frank wasnt there and everyone explained to me what had happened. I lost the girls, and now I am on the verge of losing my husband."
" Damn. Frank's getting better?"
" Yeah, he's slowly starting to get better. We get fan mail everyday from people who send their sympathies. It's really touching and I appreciate it. It helps me stay strong."
" What have the doctor's been saying?"
" They say he isnt improving, but he is. He would never ever squeeze my hand but now he does. Just before I came over here the doctor had the balls to ask me if I wanted to sign some release papaers."
" Release papers for what?"
" To take him OFF the life support. I'm not going to let that happen. I was in a coma for two years and they never once, not ONCE asked my mother about pulling the plug on me."
" Are you going to fight about it?"
" If I have too."
" You know us here at FUSE are behind you all the way."
" I know you guy's are. Thanks Steven."
" Now you and Frank have been friends forever, how did that start?"
" Oh man. The first day of my sophmore year I snapped on him."

I laughed and though back to the memory.

" When you first saw him, did you know you were going to be with him?"
" Honestly no. We just became really really close friends. Attached at the hip kinda close. Plus, he was taken at the time and I was just blessed to have his friendship. But when I saw him..man! I thought he was the most beautiful man I had ever seen in my life."
" Of course! Look at Frank, a hottie allllll around...well..you know what I mean."
" Steven..are you hitting on my husband?"
" Oh no! We already had our fling."
" I'm sure."
" Well, let's go to My Chemical Romance's ' Welcome To The Black Parade."

We continued to talk about little things until I couldn't take being away from Frank anymore. We said our goodbyes and left. I stopped by Starbuck's to get me a quick caffiene fix before continuing my walk back to the hospital. I picked up some guitar magazines for Frank. I would read them to him, he always liked them and I was going to keep him up to date on everything.
As I walked onto the 8th floor heading towards his room, I saw Mrs. Iero coming back from the cafeteria with a plate of food. We smiled and began to walk back together. Once we opened the door the sight infront of me made me drop my coffee and magazine, the brown liquid spraying across the floor and my white chucks.

" Nevaeh baby?"

I couldnt say anything..the only thing I could do was fall on the floor crying. Mrs. Iero was doing the exact same as me. I had gotten my wish...I saw my husbands beautiful honey eyes on me. He was awake and sitting up in bed.



________________________________________________________

Me: Hey all!!!
How was it?!
Was it worth the wait?!
Sign up to rate and review this story