Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > My Wife

Chapter 3

by vulgar_vogue 1 review

Minako and Yaten are both famous pop singers. Minako is a solo artist while Yaten is in a band call "The Starlights". After dating for a while the two got married. However, Yaten never felt like a ...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Minako (Venus) - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-20 - 697 words

0Unrated
WARNING: this deals with the subject of Transsexualism and other Transgender topics. So in this story the three Starlights are all originally born as males.


Yaten was standing in front of the doctor's office. I should not have called her. This is stupid. Yaten thought to himself. Well, I am here now, and Taiki would not let me live it down if I don't at least talk to the doctor. Yaten let out a long sight before entering the building.

After checking in and waiting for what seemed like five days, Yaten was brought into a room and told to wait for the doctor. This gave the pop star time to think things over. His mind was racing with thoughts of rather or not he should be here. Sure he did feel more like a woman and he never acted like the "typical" man, but he as always married to a heterosexual woman. He had to consider her feelings, but if she really loved him then she would support this, right? Then there was his family to consider. What would his parents say about this? The only thing he was sure about was the fact that his friends, Taiki and Seiya, would still be there for him.

"What are you thinking about?" A woman's voice spoke sending Yaten back to reality.

"Oh!" Yaten exclaimed. "I'm sorry. I did not see you come in."

The woman smiled at him. "I am Doctor Sui," She said. She flipped through her chart looking over the medical information of the young man in front of her. "It says here that you are interested in gender reassignment surgery, correct?"

Yaten tensed and nervously crossed his legs. He left out a cough before speaking, "Yes... I am." He looked nervously around the room.

Doctor Sui smiled. She was used to seeing this kind of reaction. People often came here trying to change themselves because they wanted to feel normal, but of course such an operation was not "normal." The doctor placed her chart and pen down on the counter next to her. Then she took off her white official looking coat and flung it over a nearby chair. "Yaten," She said pulling up another chair next to him. "I don't want you to see me as your doctor. Think of me as a friend."

Yaten sighed. He took a look at Ms. Sui sitting next to him with her sincere smile and her short boyish cut black hair. Something about her felt friendly and trustworthy. "I want this for myself," Yaten started. "I know that I do. I just don't feel complete with this body, but... I have a wife and she married a man." Yaten took a deep breath to collect himself.

"Did your wife marry a man or /you/?" Sui asked as she reached a hand and took hold of Yaten's hand.

Yaten looked over at her. "That is what my friends said, but..."

Sui sighed and gripped Yaten's hands. "Well, you are sure you want this change, but it looks to me that you are just having a conflict of what you believe your wife would think about all of this." Yaten nodded his head. Sui cleared her throat before continuing, "Then you have to talk to your wife."

Yaten took a deep breath then slowly let it out. "I know... it is just so hard because I'm afraid of how she will react."

Sui got up and wrapped her arms around Yaten. She rubbed his arms and whispered, "It will be just fine," into his ear. Somehow the action was a little comforting for Yaten. He was still nervous at the thought of telling Minako what he wanted to do, but he knew now that he had to. He could not live like this, denying himself and who he really is, any longer.

"Thank you Sui," Yaten said as he embraced Sui and gave her a friendly hug.

"Anytime," Sui answered as the two moved away from each other. Yaten smiled at her one last time before leaving the tiny room.

-----Notes-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) I'll give you a cookie if you can guess where I got the Doctor's name, Sui, from.
Sign up to rate and review this story