Categories > Books > Harry Potter > War

Daddy

by Dragonis 0 reviews

Ch.08

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry - Published: 2007-02-20 - Updated: 2007-02-21 - 2152 words

3Exciting
Daddy

James and Sirius were playing a game of Quidditch with a group of their friends, they had requested that they not be supervised directly, their maneuvers were to be "top secret" as James had told his mother. After days of persuading and ultimatums Hermione finally gave in on the condition that she and Ginny would watch them from Hogwarts. After careful deliberation with Sirius the deal was closed, and now here they were, at the crack of dawn with their best friends. The unusual time was all part of their brilliant strategy to make sure that no one was awake to spy on them, their tactics were to be undefeatable.

As they flying around practicing maneuvers and having a great time the inevitable it happened, Hogsmead was attacked. In the time it took Hermione to sound a silent alarm a dozen Dementors descended upon the Quidditch pitch, their target plainly obvious; James. Help was on the scene immediately, Hermione and Ginny at the forefront of the small group, casting multiple Patronus spells as the Dementors circled around James and forced him to fly as fast as he could in the direction that they wanted. To add to the chaos Dumbledore's scouting party and sixty or so prisoners appeared on the pitch.

"Ginny go help Dumbledore and the others." Hermione shouted, several explosions heard off in the distance.

"No Hermione, I'm coming with you." Ginny protested, running to a broom shed.

Hermione grabbed her by the arm. "NO. James is my responsibility, he is my son, I will get him. You have to worry about all these people and the attack, we're going to need all the help we can get."

Ginny nodded reluctantly, handing Hermione a broom. "Good luck."

Without another word Hermione shakily got on the broom and took after the Dementors and her son.


Exodus hit the ground rolling, weapons at the ready, their position was immediately sent up to a satellite, which pin pointed them within milliseconds. Before anything else could happen a group of wizards and witches ran by, yelling. "Attack on Hogsmead." They came from one war zone to another war zone.

Sarge took one glace about him to get a rough picture of what was going on. They were on a sports field, a giant looming castle a head of them, explosions and what was to be guessed Hogsmead off to their left. He glanced up and around, a woman was taking off on a broom, following her direction of take off he easily saw flying black creatures chasing a small boy on a broom. Doing a double take of the way the creatures and the boy were acting he realized that they were herding him, a sinking dread in the pit of his stomach confirmed this.

"Secure the Hogsmead place, watch what you shoot, I'm going after that woman, she doesn't seem to know what she's doing." Orders given Sarge raced off to the broom shed, he already knew they wouldn't ask questions.

Giving Sarge the affirmative Exodus sprinted off towards the source of explosions, easily gaining ground and passing the people running there to help. They didn't notice how people actually stopped or veered away from them and Bessy, a few wanted to take a shot at them but realized that if they were already here, going in the direction that they were going they must be on their side. Dumbledore had briefly talked about some sort of ally joining them; they figured that this must be it, even if it did scare the crap out of them.

Instinct seemed to take over Sarge as he ran to the shed and mounted a broom, kicking off as if he had done so a thousand times before. The sensation didn't feel strange either; it felt familiar, as if he had done this before a countless number of times.

Hermione was getting close, but not soon enough, the Dementors were pushing James into the trees until finally he clipped a branch and plummeted down, holding onto his broom for dear life. It snapped, cracked and broke against the trees, but ultimately saved his life as he came down hard on the moist soil below, his landing immensely slowed by the broom.

"Expecto Patronum!" Hermione shouted, the spell erupting like a brilliant white light, so intense, so powerful that it seemed to hurt the Dementors, causing them to scream and wail in pain, retreating back to wherever they had come from.

Hermione landed as best as she could, shaking with fear and rage she ran up to her son's fallen body, fearing the worst. "JAMES!" She cried "James! Please say something."

"That hurt." He groaned.

"Here drink this." She opened a potion and poured the lime green liquid down his throat, kneeling and crying in happiness that he was alive. She had come far too close to losing him.

He coughed and sat up painfully, his wounds healing for the most part. For the first time Hermione took a look around, the forest was pitch black, she could barely see a few feet ahead of her. A shiver ran down her spine, something didn't feel right. Her broom, they had to get out of here. She went for her wand only to have it fly out of her hand.

"You won't need this." Said a snickering voice, she heard the sound of her wand being snapped in half.

"Or the broom." Said another voice. The unmistakable sound of wood splintering and blowing apart reached her ears.

"Hehe, what shall we do with her?" Another voice.

"Oh I have a few ideas, lets have some fun with this mudblood." A fourth.

"Lord Voldemort only said to bring the boy, we can do anything with the tramp." A fifth voice.

"Oh what shall we do?" They laughed amused, closing in on her from all sides.

Damn it Hermione thought, how could this have happened? She was better then this, she wasn't this stupid, but now non of that mattered, she only prayed that they would spare James.

"I say we rape her in front of the boy."

Oh no, why, why would they do this? Were they really that sick and twisted? "Please, don't hurt him." She begged. "Whatever you do to me don't let him see it."

"No thanks, but we'll have fun with you."

Seeing no other way out Hermione got up, she'd tare their eyes out with her bare hands if she had to. "If you want him, come and get him you worthless filth."

"Oh she is feisty. Pity you gave yourself up to such a weakling as Potter, and you took his name too. Pathetic." They had almost closed in on her.

One of them cast a spell, knocking her off her feet, binding her ankles with invisible rope.

"I've been waiting a long time for this. You watch little James as real wizards take care of your mommy."

"I won't let you touch her." Little James stood up bravely, terrified to no end he wished for his daddy to come and save them. He prayed to anything that would listen. "Any god or being out there, please let daddy come now and save us, I know he is out there, I just want to have a family, I want all of us to live happily. Is that so much to ask? Please, I don't want things to end like this, I want mommy and daddy to walk me to my first day at Hogwarts, I want normal things, I want to get in trouble. Please, let daddy come."

Behind the Death Eaters, outside of their little circle something large crashed through the trees landing with the sound of branches breaking like bone.

"Whose there?" The Death Eaters apparently spun around.

"Don't touch them." The voice sent cold sharp fear through the Death Eaters. Not the mocking, self-absorbed kind they got from Voldemort, he liked to play with them, but they knew they would usually be able to get out of punishment alive. But not with this voice, if death itself could talk it would sound just like that.

Two red eyes flashed in the darkness, something glowed bright blue, illuminating a behemoth of a man, clad in heavy armor, stained with dried blood, encrusted with grime and ash. The voice of death had a physical form to match. The blue lighting and red glowing eyes gave stock contrasts to its armor, daemons looked friendlier then this, they could almost picture it grinning behind its helm. Suddenly a bolt of blue energy shot out and vaporized one of the Death Eaters and disappeared.

"What...What is that thing?" One of the Death Eaters stuttered, no longer sure of what was going on, all traces of bravado lost.

But little James knew, it was daddy, he could feel it, the sensation was indescribable, relief, warmth, happiness, all of the good emotions and feelings flooded him all at once.
"They are so dead." James muttered.

Hermione brought him down to the ground, covering him, trying to protect him from whatever it was that was out there.

"Lumos." Finally one of the Death Eaters got a bright idea. The wand lit up and against Sarge's chest, he was standing almost right on top of the Death Eater. The light went out and the Death Eater screamed in agony to the sound of his spine being crushed. Then it all was quiet.

"What should we..." The Death Eater didn't get to finish his sentence, as a monomolecular blade opened up his throat. He coughed, spattered, and drowned in his own blood.

There were two of them left now, both breathing heavily in fright, both smelling of urine. One of them screamed, the sound of a skull being obliterated against a tree followed.

The last Death Eater whimpered pathetically.

"Do you know how to teleport away?" The voice seemed like it was right on top of him, he dared not turn around and look the thing in the eye.

He nodded, barely perceptible.

"Good. Take this." A smooth metal disk was placed into his hand.

"You will not let go of it correct?"

He nodded again.

"Good, now teleport away." The voice ordered.

The Death Eater stood frozen to the spot.

"GO."

He ran, he ran for dear life, finally getting outside the temporary anti apparating zone he apparated away. He appeared in a room full of Death Eater officers who looked at him bewildered. The thing in his hand suddenly popped, looking down he noticed that it gave off a white gas. Three shrill beeps followed.

Hermione held onto James as tightly as she could, the bindings around her ankles gone. "What do you want?" She didn't know where to look so she asked the darkness.

"Don't be scared of me." The voice said, it was different now, warm and comforting.

He appeared as a large shadow before them.

"Dad?" James asked pulling away from his mothers grip. As his hand touched his arm they all suddenly saw flashbacks from Harry Potter's point of view. His parents dieing for him, his life with the Dursleys, his years at Hogwarts, Hermione, their first date, their first kiss, all of it flooded through their minds. The images slowed down to when he faced Voldemort, then to the day he was picked up by Miller, Bessy, the Hive, Exodus, their training, their unbreakable bond of friend ship, their ups and downs, and then it all stopped.

"Harry?" Hermione breathed out.

"Eight years..." He said lost in thought. It was completely surreal as Harry began to take off his helmet the sun's rays broke through the trees, bathing them in soft white light. "It's been a while."

Hermione didn't need any invitation; she flung herself at Harry, their mouths smashed together in want, in need, in absolute love. "Oh my ... Harry." She broke off breathlessly, looking into his piercing emerald green eyes, eyes that made Death Eaters cower and made her melt.

"Ehem. Mom, dad?" James asked quietly.

"Sorry. James, this is your dad. Harry, this is your son James." Hermione introduced them to each other.

James couldn't take it anymore; he threw his arms around his dad as best he could, crying against his chest, not caring what was on it. Harry hugged him back tightly. "Shh, its going to be okay. I won't ever leave you again."

Crying Hermione hugged them both; in the midst of dead enemies a family was reunited. Harry smiled in happiness, the missing hole in soul restored; he wouldn't let anyone harm them, that was a promise he would keep. The blood pounding fury was gone, the beast within him was tempered, for the moment.

"Come on, there are some people I want you to meet, they are like brothers to me, and ... sister, kind of." Harry didn't know what to say about Bessy.
Sign up to rate and review this story