Categories > Books > Harry Potter > War

Joining Forces

by Dragonis 0 reviews

Ch.10

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry - Published: 2007-02-21 - Updated: 2007-02-21 - 2842 words

2Insightful
Amanda Flowers stared at her computer screen in bewilderment, a couple other scientists beside her peering intently. "See, it's the same. You all saw me run the test on three separate machines, it can't be a glitch or malfunction."

"B-But this defies all laws of genetics!" Wailed Homir Munn, a biophysicist who liked to play around with genetics, mainly nano technology. "And look at the nanites...HOW!"

"I don't know. But you want to see something really weird?"

"This isn't weird enough?" Inka Svidler asked dumbfounded.

"I ran a check on the other seven members. Six of them are almost identical to Destroyer, but the seventh is Sarge." She flicked through some readouts.

"G.A.L.A.X.Y. A second one!" Munn was almost hysterical.

"I cross referenced readings done throughout the time that they were here and here is what I found." Another screen flicked up. "It appears to have begun a few years ago, but it was in the early stages so the computer just gave it to us as a variable and didn't show it, once I dug deeper I found traces of the preliminaries. What you see here was taken a few weeks ago. They have been developing at an exponential rate, estimates show weeks if not days before the first new one is fully developed, and about just as long before Sarge has fully developed his second." She explained. "Of course we can't trust anything simply because by all known laws this is impossible."

"You think the rest of them will grow a second?"

"Yes."

"How do you know?"

"It's already started. Look here; you can see the faint pink beginning to emerge, that's the second one developing."

"Well is it having any negative effects on them?" Homir Munn had begun to calm down, his breathing steady. He popped a cola from lab coat and drank rapidly.

"No, not at all. In fact the nanites are becoming part of their cellular structure as this develops. It would explain why you couldn't find them in their system, they are not outside their system, they have grown together. Do you think that it could be a side effect of the nanites?"

Homir Munn composed himself and pulled up some files, scanning through them he pointed out a few things. "No, their bodies are doing this willingly, it's their cells that are absorbing the nanites and replicating them. This is biotechnology on a whole new level. This is the perfect unification, I just don't understand how. Its like m..." He stopped for a second. "Its like magic." He whispered slowly.

"What have we to do now?" The beautiful Inka asked.

Homir Munn rubbed his bald pink scalp in frustration. "We wait. We wait and see what happens. We monitor them." He thought some more. "We don't tell them. We wait and see what happens." He talked in short bursts. "Call up some people, this is top priority."


James plowed through people at break neck speeds towards the Gryffindor common room, he'd use the fireplace there to get to the Burrow and then bring some of his things back over to the castle and then to dad's jet.

While James was busy clearing out the Burrow Hermione attended a meeting with Miller, Dumbledore, Ron, Lupin, Moody, McGonnigal and a host of other wizards and witches.

"Before we get started I would like to name the terms of our alliance." Said Miller, seated around at a long table in the room of requirement. Things had really calmed down since the attack on Hogsmead, they had heard the echo of something a good twenty minutes ago, but now it was time for business.

Dumbledore nodded for him to continue.

"We be given full access to your world and all of your data pertaining to your world. Secondly we be given unrestricted access to areas that you control. We are not to be left out of any major decisions. Battle plans are to be created with Exodus present unless otherwise specifically stated. Resources are to be shared as evenly as possible. We would also like some of your people to come to the Hive and some of our people to come here so that we can more easily integrate our forces."

"Very well, I will agree to this." Dumbledore really did not have much of a choice. "We have prepared some books that should be very useful to you, most of them are written specifically for muggles who enter our world and should be very helpful to you. On the aspect of who to send we can have ..."

"I'll go with James. See how things are then see whom we should bring over."

"With James?" Mad Eye looked at her curiously.

"Yes, he really bonded with Sarge after he saved us. Might be good for him to have such a heroic fatherly figure." She got odd looks from several people but didn't think much of it, James was her son after all.

"I'll go too." Replied Mad Eye, his left finger tapped at his temple inconspicuously, motioning to his magical eye.

"Very good idea Alistor." She replied getting the hint. "We don't need many people to make the first trip."

For the next hour or so Dumbledore explained various details of their situation, how the magical community existed, how were they different, various things that should be known, and other such things. Once all of Miller's questions had been answered to his satisfaction it was Dumbledore's turn to ask. "Could you tell us exactly what the Hive and Exodus is?"

"In the mid nineteen thirties a scientific research organization named U.S.P, United Scientific Program, was created by Great Britain, France, Canada, the United states, Switzerland, Sweden, and Finland. At the time it was a very small organization, a political joke in a sence, a tool used to show that everyone was friends. During the war it leached funding through various channels, and by the end Russia had joined. None of this was done very openly, in fact none of the countries presidents or leaders knew of it. By nineteen forty five it disappeared from all records and became a world wide organization going so far as to include German scientists. Since that time it grew rapidly into a secret organization that holds potent ties with all governments around the world, including churches. There has not been a single leader of any nation that has know of its existence, true power has always been kept from the front lines. I will not bore you with the details but the short fact is that it has grown to become a the real leader in world affairs, we have agents everywhere and we can do anything with immunity. Being a fundamental research organization our technology is far beyond that of even the most modern military, we do not even use the same power source as the rest of the world. Then we began noticing your kind, I was head of that department and after long studies we renamed ourselves and moved to a permanent location with a new goal in mind. We became known as the Hive and our goal was and still is, to protect the world from you, the magical people. Prior to moving to the Hive we worked largely through politics, or if need be agents, quick assassinations and espionage. But in essence we never really had any sort of physical force to deal with any real threat to us, nor did we have any way of going to war or stopping you should we be able to locate you. That's when we began creating Exodus, highest technology, highest training, best of the best. Exodus represents the peak of human combat capability, it is an army in and of itself composed of eight individuals backed by the most powerful organization on earth. I am proud to say that I have been more then impressed." Miller stopped and looked around the contemplating room.

"Could you use normal muggle forces?" Lupin asked,

"Yes. But there is no need for that."

"Say the need was to arise."

"Then yes."

"Your program's skills are unquestionably exceptional, to tell you the truth I very much doubted you, but your Exodus has proven itself very well. It may be just what we need to turn this war in our favor, as ultimately we are currently losing. We will have to set up training, orientation, so that we may work together smoothly and effectively, I very much look forward to working with your organization." Dumbledore congratulated.

"As do I." Miller said with a smile. "The potential to fuse your magic with our technology could revolutionize the human race, we could do so much together." His mind was flowing with ideas as he spoke.

"One question, is your Exodus only those group of individuals?" Mad Eye asked.

"Yes Exodus consists of those nine individuals, and you are all partly incorrect. Exodus is not ours. We created it, we gave it life, but we do not control it. Exodus is something so very special that I cannot describe it, you have to witness what Exodus is, you have to watch them work as one, so perfectly, so exactly." Miller finished off silently, drawing the room to his words.

"How did you get a Razortail Basilisk?!" Hagrid finally burst out. "They are thought to be a myth, a legend, but you have one, how?"

"We found her, and then Sarge talked her into joining us. We don't know particularly much about her, so could you fill us in at all?" Miller asked the standing Hagrid.

"Well ther ain't much ta say really, most of tha things I know are myth."

"Just tell me what you know."

"Well...Unlike normal basilisks tha Razortail dun't petrify victims, it can when it wants ta, but then apparently it can unpetrify them too. It can adapt to any environment almost instantly and live there with no problems, one of the reasons why its so hard to find is that they can live in the ocean jus' as well as they can live near a volcano. There was one fascinating story where a Razortail came out of flowing magma into the ocean an swam off. I'd guess tha they'd be loyal to whatever they see as friends, they're extremely intelligent mind you, like us, me and you. They have spikes and barbs that come out their skin and they can dig through solid rock with that, very quickly some people say. They dun attack humans unless you hurt them, we're too small for food an it ain't scared of nuthin, just curious. Thas all I really know bout it, will do some digging to try and find out as much as possible for ya." Hagrid explained.

Conversation went back and forth a while longer, Exodus listening and watching in on the conversation the whole time. During the meeting Harry took the liberty of showing his team mates around Hogwarts, James supplied the Mauraders map, it was easy for him to find them, and pretended to lead them around the castle. As they explored a computer-modeling program created a digital replica of the castle and surrounding grounds, and even sent it off to Omar's tactical division so that simulations and possible improvements to structure and defenses could be made. Speed was one of the main factors that differentiated the Hive from any other organization on the planet, everything was open to everyone, and a perfectly efficient communications infrastructure allowed for uninterrupted progress and up to the second news.

Exodus and the meeting group met in the great hall, much to the relief of many students and families who now lived at Hogwarts, even if they were friendly they still looked terrifying, especially Bessy who had now turned a dark gray color.

"Exodus." Miller greeted. "You ready?"

James quickly hid the map as they met.

"We're set. Do you have the books?" Sarge asked.

"Yes I have them." Hermione indicated leather bag. Harry was not surprised.

"How did you know about the books?" Arthur Weasley asked curiously.

Miller touched his glasses. "Camera and microphone, the only reason I wore these."

"So you could hear and see everything that Miller saw?"

"Yes we could." Answered JJ. "And we've also scanned your school and grounds."

"Fascinating, absolutely fascinating. I will have to visit your Hive as soon as possible, I have a lot of explaining to do to the public first, but I will definitely come to visit soon."

"We look forward to having you." Harry replied.

"Do I know you?" Ron looked at Sarge. "You sound kind of familiar."

Hermione and James froze.

"Don't think so." Harry replied coolly.

"We must be going, no sense in standing around here." Moody plowed along.

"Yes we shall see your shortly I suppose. Good bye." The two groups broke up and parted their separate ways.

Harry, Hermione and James gravitated towards one another as they left, a fact that Ginny noticed.

"What the fuck. Another couple red heads." A targeting array appeared on all HUDs, directed from Bulldog.

"Don't worry about it, you can trust them." Sarge removed the targets.

"Who are they?"

"The twins." Hermione replied, there was no getting around those two.

They met the cheeky brothers at the Jet, suitcases and trunks ready to go.

"Well look who it is George."

"The Potters."

"All three of them."

"Get in." Sarge ordered.

They climbed in, hauling their things with them. Harry gently helped Hermione and James inside, out of instinct he was last one to board. The non-military version of the Hawk was there, weapon systems and racks were replaced with luxurious chairs, the metal floors and seats with fine white leather. Exodus tried hard not to ruin it all, but in the end it was obvious why there were two version of the jet.

"Going home." Miller told the pilot.

"Got it." He paused his game and turned to the controls. "This is Civi requesting an interior remodeling. Exodus has just been through combat and is taking a ride."

"Affirmative Civi." Replied a knowing voice.

Back in the main compartment Exodus took off their helmets with quick snaps and hisses, all eyes were on Sarge.

"Okay what's going on?" Moody looked sternly at Sarge.

"I had amnesia, or some kind of it anyway. When James touched me back in the forest it all came back. There isn't much else to it." Harry shrugged.

"Other then what you've become now. Care to give us some more information on you and Exodus?"

Harry spent the next hour explaining the basics of his whole life, a conversation that was recorded and broadcast so that he wouldn't have to tell the same story over and over again. By the time Civi neared the Hive everyone who had listened, and everyone had, knew the basics of Harry's life. He didn't go in depth, just a broad general sweep, how his parents died, his eventful years, his magical and the muggle training, by the end everyone had a new found respect for him, some of the women even cried at his tragic life.

They had already been to the equipment center where Exodus had taken off their armor and equipment and then each took a separate shower, even Bessy had her own. Now they looked and smelled nice, Hermione clung to Harry for dear life; she still wasn't entirely over the fact that he was alive.

James beamed with pride as he walked side by side with his mom and dad, everywhere he went people already knew his name, everyone nodded or said a polite hello. On a few occasions he was called 'cutie' or 'sweetie' or any number of other names that he wasn't particularly fond of. He didn't want to be some little boy, he wanted to be just like his father, be like one of the guys from Exodus, with a cool tough name. He was Harry Potter, Sarge's son, he wanted a fearsome name like Destroyer, Pyro, or Bulldog, or even something like Snipe or Stalker, something like Joker or JJ would fit nicely too.
"Here we are, the living area." Said Harry.

They walked into a very lavish, modern looking living room. A big screen T.V, games, consoles, computers, huge weights were scattered around, a couple Playboys made Hermione frown.

Harry caught Hermione's stern look. "I don't read them I swear."

"I know you don't read them because there is nothing to read in them." She said icily, configuring them into napkins.

"But that's the latest issue!" Joker groaned. He went off to his room muttering something about how he would never marry.

"We have a kitchen in there, bar over in that corner, hallways go off to separate rooms with washrooms and showers." Harry showed them around.

Hermione and James found it to be very spacious and luxurious, with anything that anyone could want.

"What a bachelor's pad George."

"Indeed Fred, indeed."

"Now where are the fun toys?"
Sign up to rate and review this story