Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Indiana Jones and the Stargate

Default Chapter

by SithJesto 1 review

Jacob Carter dying, an old tale of an artific maybe his only help. Will be able to convice Jack and his team an old archaeologist to help them? What will be the price the man will ask for his help?...

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1080 words

1Illiterate
A/N: AU episode (8.18) Threads. - Crossover SG1/Indiana Jones

Beta : scottiedog - All my thanks for her. She helped to made this story readable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1

The time seemed to slow down when Jacob confessed he was dying and Selamc was in a coma. Jack watched the man, who he sometimes called Dad, and felt like he was really losing his father. They knew each other now almost 8 years. They helped save each other, as they travelled among the stars. Jacob was dying and leaving him behind. His attention switched to Daniel.

Daniel stood rigid, his eyes held unshed tears. Jack didn't know what the younger man was feeling, but he knew Daniel was attached to a few men in this world, this was the one of those who made up his small, makeshift family like Jacks. It always hurt to lose a member of it, and so soon after Janet's death it made it more unbearable, more devastating. Jack looked at Sam, his beloved Sam was openly crying and clinging to her father. She confessed once how she pondered what would the future would look like, when she would look older then her dad, it was a kind of funny at the time. But now, it was only a newer dream broken by life. They all knew they could die anytime, but not that way, not from old-age. Jack himself felt more and more of the passing years and damage that was left on his body. Would he die like this between soft pillow around him his friends? It was not a scenario he imagined how he would pass away, but it looked so much more like by every day.

Jack looked at his Jaffa friend, the one who was always with there to support them. He wear one of his stoic Jaffa masks, as he bowed before a dying comrade, maybe even a friend. His stoic posture did not fool Jack anymore. He could see Teal'c tense posture and a faint shimmer of unshed tears in his eyes betrayed his sorrow.

Jacob just smiled at them. He tired sorrowful smile told them he would have died years ago if not the Tok'ra. He gained years with them. It made his life more full and happy, that he was able to see the worlds beyond the Stargate and to be able to do something for the galaxy. But his words did not or would not soften the pain of losing him.

Hours later Jack laid awake in his bunk at his office. He felt so useless and angry. If only he had the power to cure Jacob and Selmac. His mind was a awake even when he himself had fallen asleep. Dreams hunted him every minute of his rest. Ideas how to save the old man. Each and everyone was detailed, thought through, and cast away. Then from the shadows of a post, a long ago forgotten memory emerged.

-----------------------

Young Jack listened at every words, every detail of the story, he heard many stories before and they always captured his attention.

"Then we followed the description to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon." Said an older voice.

"The one you find in the catacombs under Venice?," asked Jack, his young face full of wonder.

"The same my boy."

"And what happened then?"

"We run into the nazi contingent, they arrived before us, before we could do anything, they managed to snake behind us." Young Jack gulped, his mouth was left open as he concentrated on the story. "They shot Harry and forced me to solve the traps for them."

"Which sort of traps?" asked a curious young Jack.

"Jack, Jack it is time to bed." Called Jack's mother from the doorway. Jack looked at her with his best 'puppy dog eyes' pleading.

"Mom" he whined.

"Don't 'Mom' me young man. It is way over your curfew."

"But the story's almost over. Isn't Indy?" Jack looked at Indiana pleading him to play along, the man's eyes glittered with amusement.

"It is almost over Lisa. Why don't you join us?"

"Yeah Mom," young Jack said with enthusaism.

"You two." She shook her head ruefully before walking in the room. Jack jumped up in delight. Young Jack was pulled back against his mom's chest as she said,"Please continue Indiana."

"Thank you my Lady for your gracious permission. Where was I?"

"The traps." supplied Jack helpfully.

"Ah yes the traps, they were clever little thing, the first booby trap was three fast moving blades that sprang out of the wall; then the road which was full of letters, if you stepped on the wrong one it brake and fall into the deepness. And the last if you dared to jump away from the head of the lion you would prove that you were worthy."

"Jump where?" asked young Jack with a questioning look on his face.

"Into the abyss." Indiana said mysteriously.

"And you jumpe,." shrieked the young boy.

"My father's life depend on it, but to my surprise it was just an illusion. So I reached the last chamber, where there was a knight from the first Crusad waiting for me. He was old, more them 800 year old, it was easy to fight him and win."

"You killed him?" said a shocked young Jack.

"No, I never killed if it couldn't be helped. Ah, back to the story I chose the right grail that would heal my father."

"WOW. And you kept it?" Young Jack was astounded.

"No, it was lost when the temple crashed in, but I found a clue how to find an artifact that could give you a young life and heal anything."

"And you will go after it?"

"No. I could not translate the last part of the road. Maybe young Jack, one day you and me will follow up the clues and find it."

"Sweet."

"Now to bed!" stepped in Jack's mom before they could merge into another story.

"But Momm" Jack whined. Indiana laughed.

"Go to bed, Jack." Indy said to the poutting boy.

"Fine." Jack said and marched out of the room.

-----------------------------------

General Jack O'Neill woke up and remembered his lastest dream. Maybe the time had come to solve the mystery that would maybe save Jacob and Selmac's life. But to do it he needed Indiana's help. He needed to convince Indiana Jones. He also needed the help from someone with the same calibre of stubbornness. Who else would be better candidate for it than Daniel?
Sign up to rate and review this story