Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Indiana Jones and the Stargate

Chapter 2

by SithJesto 0 reviews

Jacob Carter dying, an old tale of an artific maybe his only help. Will be able to convice Jack and his team an old archaeologist to help them? What will be the price the man will ask for his help?...

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1232 words

0Unrated
Disclaimers: See chapter One.

Beta: scottiedog (Chap. one also betad.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2

"Jack would you wait?" Daniel demanded while he tried to free his left arm from his friends deadly grip through SGC's corridors. "Damn it Jack, would you stop."

"Not now Daniel we are in hurry," Jack said without stopping.

"For what reasons and why do you need me?"

"You are the only one able to convince an archaeologist to help us."

"About what?"

"To save Jacob life, what else." Jack added nonchalantly.

"What?!" asked Daniel disbelieve was written all over his face. "Jack, would you please elaborate further?"

"Not now, but I will tell you along the road."Daniel didn't answer just huffed out of his chest and pouted like a four year old.

---------------

Teal'c waited for them at the surface as Jack requested, and joined his two team-mates. The trio left and made their way to Peterson Airport. There a small four seater plane was waiting for them without Sam, who was to be the pilot.

"Where is Sam?" Daniel wondered out loud; then looked accusingly at Jack and stated, "You didn't tell her, why?" For a multiple PHD Daniel had he was sometimes really dense, thought Jack and give him the 'Are you MAD?' look that Daniel did not see or did not understand, because he complained more. "She should be with us if there are a possibility to save her Dad, I mean it would be good for her she looked so prostrate and resigned."

"That's why."

"It's not an answer."

"It is."

"is not."

"Is."

"Jack."

"Daniel, think! Maybe we don't find anything useful, maybe we just chasing a, a , fool's gold and find nothing then what, we gave Sam a false hope, just to crush it again," said Jack as he sat in the pilot seat. Daniel then climbed in the back seat of the plane, while their Jaffa friend tried to find a comfortable position.

"Oh." understanding dawned on Daniel. He then looked thoughtfully at Jack and then shook his head. "I did not think about it. And where we are going and where is this archaeologist you mentioned?"

"In Arizona," Jack said as he start up the planes engines. "and the name is Doctor Jones."

"Doctor Jones," echoed Daniel without his words really reiterated in his mind, then as the name sank in, his eyes widened and cried out, "Doctor Indianan Jones?! Are you mad?!"

"Daniel Jackson. Who is Doctor Indianan Jones?" spoke the first time Teal'c who was a bit uncomfortable in the small aircraft. Daniel turned his head toward Teal'c and explained in his lecture voice.

"He is a known archaeologist, adventures treasure hunter and raider . He was famous about his quest for legendary objects like the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail and the Sankara stones. He was some fairytales character, or legend around archaeologist circles, lot of people thought him mad for hunting for legends." Jack just rolled his eyes, as he heard the stories from the original source, at the time he thought they were amazing adventures, he believed him, Indiana's every word. Later when he was all grown up the tales became forgotten, but now, now, he was not sure anymore. The things he had done and seen over the years was as fabulus or even more then Indy's tales. In spite of Daniel and his so called 'collages opinion'. Jack knew Indiana was a honourable man, most of the time.

"Ah, Daniel" he could not help but twitter in his friends monologue, he felt it was his duty to save the old man's honour. "this is the same circles that thought you are mad, and laughed at you."

"Yeah." Daniel grimaced at the thought it was still a sore point for the young archaeologist. Teal'c felt it was good time to supply a diversion, and asked about the legendary objects. While sharing a meaningful look with Jack, he could always made the Colonel feel guilty, a bit.

"Well, the Sankara Stones are reputed to possess the power and grant blessing of fertility of the faithful of Shiva. A Shiva linga is a sacred symbol of the Hindu god Shiva. They can be found in temples and shrines throughout India. There are several types of lingas. The Anadi or Svaymbhu are said to be the most sacred, and originate from heaven itself, falling from the sky... "The young man started his rant about the Hindu's sacred things, myths, and gods for the start, then he talked about the other two mentioned object as well. It was a very long 2 hours before they reached their destination and could escape the plane. For a time Jack thought they would escape the second part of Daniel's lecture second part as well but he just continued talk. Jack could see his warrior brother cheated on the plane. Teal'c escaped,... he used the time to kelnorim after the first 30 minuets of the lecture. The car ride thank goodness was short.

"We are here." announced Jack. He was relieved though for more than one reason. One, Daniel finally stopped speaking, and two he could see Indiana's car parked before the house. He figured the old adventurer would not be home, but he did not want to endanger a call, as Jack luck would go Indy would of thought he was some of his mortal enemies and run. "Look Daniel, try to be persistent, and stubborn like usually."

"What?, Jack I am neither persistent or stubborn."

"Sure, Danny-boy." Jack said unbelievingly. He got out from the car first, and made his way up to the front door. He rang the door bell and waited for Indiana to open up the door. He heard both Daniel faint grumbling about he was not stubborn or persistent as well as Indy's approaching footsteps.

"What!" come the demanding voice from the house as the door was opened up forcefully. An older man stood on the doorway, he looked around his 60-ish, but Jack knew better. Indiana Jones was more them one hundred year old, the Grail's power was enough to slow down his ageing for a time. The man looked just like Jack remembered him, even if Indy's once dark brown hair was now grey, and there were some new line on his face. "Oh Jack, it is you. Didn't I see you ages ago?"

"Indiana. It's good to see you too." While the two man hugged each other, Daniel was doing a good imitation of a fish, the young man was speechless, even Teal'c raised an eyebrow in surprise. Then Jack O'Neill knew they don't go around just hugging people and didn't know archaeologist, of course the attendant was an exception. The men pulled apart and Jack introduced his companions.

"Indy, I like to introduce you to Teal'c Murrey and Doctor Daniel Jackson."

"The 'Alien Pyramid builder' Jackson?" Indy said as he arched a questioning eyebrow toward Jack.

"Yep." Supplied Jack helpfully. Daniel was about to retort when the older archaeologist next sentence left him speechless yet again.

"It's always a pleasure to meet an archaeologist who can think outside of the box so to speak. Come inside and tell me what brought you here."

When all of them was seated comfortablely in the living room, Jack turned toward Indiana and said, "Indy, Daniel I mean, Doctor Jackson is looking for the N'tril, the Fountain of Life."
Sign up to rate and review this story