Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Indiana Jones and the Stargate

Chapter 3

by SithJesto 0 reviews

Jacob Carter dying, an old tale of an artific maybe his only help. Will be able to convice Jack and his team an old archaeologist to help them? What will be the price the man will ask for his help?...

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1097 words

0Unrated
Beta : scottiedog - All my thanks for her. She helped to made this story readable.

...Jack turned toward Indiana and said, "Indy, Daniel I mean, Doctor Jackson is looking for the N'tril, the Fountain of Life."


Chapter 3

"The N'tril?" Indiana asked suspiciously, his eyes' calculating as he leaned back in his armchair.

"Yes, we need all your notes, and any information you have. It's important." Jack stressed the last part, he hoped this would get the older man's attention.

"It's always important." Indiana gaze locked with Jack's. Jack knew Indy meant more than just this case, but he was not sure where the archaeologist thought he was going..

"Look, Doctor Jones, it is life or death situation." Interrupted Daniel "We don't expect you to understand" 'uh oh they were in deep shit' Jack would have swore he saw Indiana's eyes flashing with stubbornness and anger, it went so far that Indy would have gave it up for free, Daniel destroyed their chance for it. Jack was not even surprised by Jones next sentence.

"If you need the information, you need to take me with you, everything is in my head."

'I just knew it. This day had just gone faster downhill with every minuets.' Grumbled Jack to himself.

"What?! You can't mean it. We don't even know what you have that could help us." retorted Daniel angrily.

"My boy, if Jonathan came this far to retrieve it, he would have the means or the knowledge to translate the last part of the road to N'tril. And I, personally want to be there when you find it."

"It is top secret operation, you have no licence and time is an important factor."

"Then don't waste it by arguing with me on things. I won't change my mind."

It was interesting to listen to their argument like watching a ping-pong match, thought Jack. He would've loved to see which man was more stubborn, but they really hadn't got time. Jack was grateful he brought it with him, even if he needed to work on the General a bit for it. Hammond was a damn good man, of course it played in his hands. He caught the man in the infirmary, watching over his dying friend and his goddaughter's sleeping form. It needed just some well placed words and George gave his approval.

The two archaeologists' argument circled around the same topics, with various metaphors flying around the room. Neither man budged, the argument was enlighten, there were some reference to the Bible, and some ancient myths as well. Jack could see they had just started to warm up to the topic, from Indiana amused smile and Daniel angry frown, maybe it was the right time to step in. He placed the documentary on the table between the arguing pair, it was amazing how fast they fallen silence.

"I thought that it may come to this." Jack spoke nonchalantly. While he tried to not pay attention to Daniel's death glare, which was aimed at him and Indiana knowing smile. "I brought a non-disclosure agreement for you to sign. Your licence was once high enough, you know what it means." His gaze hardened the last bit. He really hoped Indy would stay out of this, he did not want to lose this old man while searching for the cure for the other one. He hoped Daniel would be able to talk Indy out of this adventure , but it looked like his young friend left his diplomatic skills at home. How pathetic it was to think at the base as his home, he really needed to go to a vacation.

Indiana leaned forward to sign the document, and then looked up with intense blue eyes. "So tell me what is it about this time?"

"Daniel, you are up." Jack passed the explanation to Daniel he was lot better in this type of things them Jack. Daniel pushed back his glass on his nose and cleared his throat to start to explain, but before he can started it Jack interrupted him "Oh and Daniel the short version would be fine for now, later you can anecdote about your finds and rocks."

"Artifactes" restored automatically Daniel.

"What ever." Jack waved of his hand for him to start

"Right, 1928 Doctor Langford and his team find an ancient artifice, it shaped...

"Daniel the shorter version." Jack remind him.

"As I was saying it shaped to form a circle, we call it the Stargate, first it was called as Gate to Heaven, It is an alien device which made possible to travel to other planets in our galaxy, or even other ones. There are civilizations some come from the Earth, some totally alien. There are the Nox they are very peace loving..."

"Daniel." Jack stressed

"Yeah, right. There is an evil parasite race called the Gou'ld. We fighting against them, One of our friends is a Tok'ra, he is dying. The Tok'ra is a same species as the gou'ld but they are the good guys and our allies."

"Sometimes." mumbled Jack.

"It is an interesting tale, I looking forward to see this Stagate of yours."

"That's all?! You just accept it like that?" Daniel was astonished, his voice thick with wonder.

"My boy, these things you told me just now, is incredible, but what i saw in the past give your story a run for its money."

"Indy, we need to leave as soon as we can We don't know how long Jacob will hold up, before he dies."

"By all means. I just need to grab my diary, there is almost everything in it, we will need to know about the N'tril."

"You said everything was in your head." Daniel spouted accusing, Indiana just smirked at the younger archaeologist, and replayed.

"Yes to find the diary." Jack tried hide his laugh by a cough but it was not fully successful. Jack's gaze meet with Teal'cs amused brown eyes. His warrior brother liked Indiana so far.

"Ugh," moaned Daniel dramatically. " you too spent to much time with Jack."

"Hey." Jack protested good naturally, it was good to light up for a moment, it helped to improve there spirit.

After Indiana Jones gathered his diary, whip, gun, favourite lather jacket and hat. It may have looked a bit out dated but this gear saved his life many times. Jack and his team waited for him outside, to take him with them to his next big adventure. He looked back at the house one more time. He had the feeling he wouldn't see his home for a very long time.
Sign up to rate and review this story