Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Fools' Gold

Chapter 3

by SithJesto 1 review

They were friends, but more importantly, they were brothers in everything except in blood. However, when the soldier and the scientist clashed again and again, their friendship became unbalanced. O...

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1420 words

0Unrated

Chapter 3 A/N: each team SG2,SG3,SG5 here will be a 4 man teams
/the// diary entries /- though
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

Colonel Jack O'Neill stood in the Embarkation room before the Stargate, giving quick debriefing to his troops before they attempt a rescue. They didn't know how much time they have left before it was too late for SG-5. Jack's dark gaze look through every face before he started to speak.

"Listen up campers. We have little to none information about the situation or the planet where we go or what or with whom we will encounter on the other side. Only one fact is sure one of our team is held captive at the moment. Our first priority is the team rescue." His dark eyes rested on the face of his two follow team leaders' face, Ferreti and Reynold. He trusted both man with his life and knew they did the same. Jack looked around the last time, and sight with resignation when he saw Banks, the young linguist the General assign to them for this mission.

Jack had the sudden feeling he would regret his decision to not call back Carter and Daniel, but it was way too late for that now. He hoped Banks would came through and wouldn't be a further hindrance in this dangers mission. He looked up and his gaze meet General Hammonds as the Stargate came to life behind him, the teams were ready and waited for Hammond's command.

"You have a go SG-1, 2, and 3." said Hammond as the gate came to life, the usually soft blue light gave almost unearthly feeling to the room.

"Smoke garnets." At Jack's order, two airman from the SG-2 send thought the bombs, O'Neill counted to 5 before giving a go for his mans to follow him as they run in the gate to fight the unknown enemy and hope fully to bring back everyone alive.

On the other side Reynolds and his team take up a position around the gate, securing the perimeters, Ferretti and his mans taken down and roped up the two guard who was left behind to guard the gate. Teal's stayed close to O'Neill, his dark eyes surveyed the clearly for any hidden enemy while the smoke slowly faded.

Jack looked around, taking in what he saw, his mans taking up their position, their captive's state and the valley where the Stargate was. The dell was surrounded with hills and dense forest from all side. Only the thin trail - where Bra'tac and the SG-5 was laid away - looked frequently used. His chocolate brown eyes studied the hillside on the trail both side, he tough through many possibility before he decided what to do next. He knew he needed to secure the gate if they needed to leave quickly, and to secure the gate from where they stood at the moment without leaving behind to much man was impossible. And without knowing where they go, what they face and what state their missing comrade would be he couldn't afford to leave so many behind. He spotted a cave on the left hillside, which looked deep enough for two man. He made up his mind called out.

"Teal'c." his Jaffa friend moved closer so they could talk privately. "What ya think?"

"The clearing is not hold able from here." Teal'c deep baritone confirmed the facts Jack already knew, but it was good to hear an another opinion support his thesis. Jack nodded his agreement, his nodded toward the cliff he just studied as he asked.

"What about that cave-like things up the left hillside? With two shooter it look hold-able." The Jaffa gaze roomed over the hillside, weighting the possibilities before answering.

"Indeed O'Neill."

"Good." He raised his voice so his tropes could easily hear him. "Stevens, Thomson." He turned toward them, he read the file of all the member of the SGC, most of the field members of the teams he himself chosen. Lieutenant Stevens from SG-3 and Caption Thomson from SG-2 were marksman in long range shooting. (How the hell is this called what the assassins usually use??) "See that cave." Jack pointed out the recently spotted nook.

"Yes sir." Confirmed both of them.

"Good, get your gear and get position. Your job to secure the Gate from their. We will maintain radio silent, only the Morse can be used, every 24 hours we will sign back."

"Yes sir."

"And Thomson if you don't hear from us more then 48 hours, both of you leave through the gate and report to the General." Said while he gave the younger man one of his steely gaze, the two soldier nodded his understanding, take their packs and started to hike toward their assigned positions.

Jack issued his next order before Thomson and Stevens reached the woods. "Teal'c take Gibbs and Handers to scout around, try to retrace where they could take SG-5." T nodded and headed toward the trail with his assigned helpers. "Ferretti dispose the body of the died and get the others out of the way."

"Yes sir." Answered the Mayer while gestured two of his man to follow him.

Reynolds was the only one who remind with Jack. /Wait. Where the hell was Banks/? Jack twisted around in a hope to see the young linguist. "Uhm Reynolds, Haven't we had a linguist?" Reynolds arched an eyebrow at his sudden question and looked around scanning the terrain as well. Both man groaned when they could not see the young man anywhere.

---------------- Same time at New York ----------------

Daniel carefully opened up the old trunk, like he was afraid it would shatter if he handled it with more force. Old leather and paper's smell washed over his sense. He closed his eyes as the ghost of the memories resurfaced. He remembered just now seeing a leather cover diary in his mother's hand, as she sat outside their tent and wrote something in it with a carefree smile on her face. Her hair looked almost golden in the westering sun light. Daniel inhaled deeply, he totally forget this memory.

He opened his eyes and just watched the books laying in there place. He wondered what to do, where to start/. 'Oh for crying out loud Danny-boy. Just take one out and start to read it.'/ He could almost hear Jack would be response if he was here. And it meant two thing, one he spent way too much time with Jack and two, he really miss his friend's supporting presence in this important moment.

With a heavy sight he pulled out one of the top diary, it was light-brown, the leather was worn out. He opened it. It smelt faintly as lavender and under it he could smell some parfume, or so he thought. On the yellowish page he saw his mother handwriting.


/As I watch my sleeping Daniel I wonder about my Angel, what will happen with him, what fate the life gave him, will he be strong and stubborn like my //Melbourne or free spirit like me? My Angel inherited his father's good-look and his beautiful eyes. Oh that eyes so deep and caring, how many lady's heart broken for that eyes and how many will break for my Angel's./
/ /
/Daniel waking up, he look so small and angelic. He opened his small mouth and blinking sleepily at me. Intelligent shining in his beautiful baby blue eyes despite being only two days old. I need to go now./
/ /
/ /
Daniel blinked back tears that tried to escape from his eyes. A faint shiver run through his body. It was so real, his mother, the love she felt for him. He turned a page, there his mother wrote about a find they came across, it could be fascinating, Daniel was sure but now he needed to read about his past more. He thumbed the page scanning the entries for his name, or as his mother called him her Angel. A few pages later he found two other reference. The first was only one sentence: /I miss my Angel./ This short sentence was hastily written with shaky hand. Daniel wondered what could his mother mean, he read notes before it and after none answered his questions. But his mind was set easy by the following pages where his mother told tales about Daniel antics as a small baby. Here and there his mother would wonder how her Angel was, what he would be when he grow up, and such a think.

Daniel fallen asleep with a happy smile on his face.


Sign up to rate and review this story