Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

We Belong Together

by jade_kwl_name_eva 4 reviews

Another random one-shot I got from listening to 'We Belong Together' by Mariah Carey. Might be A/A or At/OC, read to find out!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1414 words - Complete

0Unrated
Another songfic by me! I should stop writing about A/A, but they are my favourite pair! In the future, I will do more T/J for all those who prefer that pair. Last one-shot until I update my other stories!

*****************

I didn't mean it
When I said I didn't love you so
I should have held on tight
I never should've let you go
I didn't know nothing
I was stupid
I was foolish
I was lying to myself
I couldn't have fathomed that I would ever
Be without your love
Never imagined I'd be
Sitting here beside myself


And here she was, on her wedding day. Sitting in front of the mirror, looking gorgeous according to her to her bride's maid, Theresa. But Atlanta knew that there was something wrong. It was because she was not marrying the man she loved. No, she had given up on Archie long ago; she told him that she didn't love him. So she thought. She then met Trevor, her husband to be, but Archie still had that special place in her heart.

"Theresa, this doesn't feel right." She said. Theresa just smiled at her. "Don't worry Lannie, everything is going to be fine." She said and left her. Atlanta put her head in her hands. "I was a fool to do this. No, Archie is gone and the only man in your life now is Trevor." She said to herself.

'Guess I didn't know you
'Guess I didn't know me
But I thought I knew everything
I never felt
The feeling that I'm feeling
Now that I don't
Hear your voice
Or have your touch and kiss your lips
'Cause I don't have a choice
Oh, what I wouldn't give
To have you lying by my side
Right here, 'cause baby


Atlanta got up and walked around the room, getting nervous. 'Why do I have to remember Archie now? How can I marry Trevor?' she thought. She thought back to when she and Archie were together. The way he touched her, kissed her. It made her feel special. 'I miss you Archie.' She thought.

She walked over to her window and looked out to the garden where the ceremony was going to take place soon. She saw Odie, Herry and Neil talking to a few of her other friends. She saw Jay talking to Theresa's dad who had allowed them to use his mansion for the ceremony. But she was looking for one special person. 'Where is he?' she wondered.

When you left
I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back baby please, 'cause
We belong together
Who else am I gonna lean on
When times get rough?
Who's gonna talk to me on the phone
Till the sun comes up?
Who's gonna take your place?
There ain't nobody better
Oh baby, baby
We belong together


She couldn't see the familiar purple hair. Atlanta gave up and went to sit back in front of the mirror. She looked at herself, realising she didn't look happy at all. 'That's because a part of me belongs to Archie.' She thought. She always counted on Archie to be there for her, whether he was her boyfriend or best friend. But lately, since the break up, he hasn't been there for her.

She hadn't seen Archie at all since then. They hadn't called each other, even though she had been dying to do that. Then Theresa came back into the room. "They're ready." She said.

I can't sleep at night
When you are on my mind
Bobby Womack's on the radio
Singing to me
'If you think you're lonely now'
Wait a minute
This is too deep, too deep
I gotta change the station
So I turn the dial
Trying to catch a break
And then I hear Babyface
I only think of you
And it's breaking my heart
I'm trying to keep it together
But I'm falling apart
I'm feeling all out of my element
I'm throwing things
Crying
Trying to figure out
Where the hell I went wrong
The pain reflected in this song
Ain't even half of what
I'm feeling inside
I need you
Need you back in my life (in my life, in my life), baby


Atlanta nodded, getting up slowly. She was still deciding whether she should go through with this or not. She found herself walking towards Theresa and following her down the stairs. She was on auto-pilot now, she had stopped thinking about the surroundings and only thought about Archie. 'I need Archie. I need him back in my life.' She thought.

They were standing at the entrance to the back garden when she spotted him. She smiled, but it slowly faded when she saw a girl hanging onto his arm. He was smiling and laughing at a joke that Jay had just told them. Atlanta was hurt and hated herself by thinking that she and Archie had a second chance.

When you left
I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back, baby, please, 'cause
We belong together
Who am I gonna lean on
When times get rough?
Who's gonna talk to me
Till the sun comes up?
Who's gonna take your place?
There ain't nobody better.
Oh baby, baby
We belong together


The wedding march started playing and Atlanta watched her niece and nephew walk down the aisle, the flower girl and the ring carrier. Theresa then followed them and Atlanta was behind her. As she passed Archie, she caught his eye. Bad idea. She stopped for a second, but he quickly looked away. Atlanta looked in front of her at Trevor and kept on walking. 'Calm down Atlanta, everything is going to be fine. You are going to marry Trevor and everything is going to be fine." She thought as she took Trevor's hand.

The minister then said a few lines and asked the one question that everyone dreads at their wedding. "Does anyone object to these two getting married?" he asked. Atlanta quickly looked behind her to Archie, but he didn't move. Her heart was beating fast. If Archie wasn't going to do something, then she had to. She couldn't marry Trevor while she still loved her high school sweetheart.

"I'm sorry Trevor, but I can't marry you. I can't marry you while I love someone else." She said, dropping her bouquet of flowers. Atlanta picked up her dress and ran back inside. The audience started whispering as Theresa followed her friend back to the room that they were in before. "Atlanta, what is wrong with you?" she asked. Atlanta was lying on the bed, crying.

"I can't marry Trevor while I still love Archie." She said. Theresa was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. "Yes?" Theresa asked going to the door. It was Archie.

When you left
I lost a part of me
It's still so hard to believe
Come back, baby, please, 'cause
We belong together
Who am I gonna lean on
When times get rough?
Who's gonna talk to me
Till the sun comes up?
Who's gonna take your place?
There ain't nobody better.
Oh baby, baby
We belong together


"What do you want?" Theresa said. Archie just walked past her to Atlanta. He picked her up so she was in his arms. Theresa left the room, she knew they needed to be alone. Atlanta cried into Archie's shirt. He sat down on the bed, stroking her red hair, which was still short. "I couldn't marry him." She said when she stopped crying. Archie just nodded. Atlanta looked into his eyes. "I still love you Archie. That's why."

Archie nodded again, not really knowing what to say. Atlanta looked away and then got off of him. "You better go to your new girlfriend." She said, looking down at the floor. Archie then finally spoke. "She's not my girlfriend."

Atlanta looked up at him. "What?" she asked. "She's not my girlfriend but my cousin. Atlanta, I still love you." He said and pulled her closer for a kiss. Once they broke apart, Archie got down on one knee. "Atlanta Clarkson, will you marry me?" he asked, taking out a diamond ring.

Atlanta smiled. "Yes, Archie Harris, I will."

We belong together

*****************

Ok, got the name Trevor from watching "Suite Life of Zack and Cody". The name was fresh in my mind, so I used it. Just rate and review.
Sign up to rate and review this story