Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Intern

Call me Alli

by blue-flame 4 reviews

Coffee and white shirts do not mix

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2007-02-24 - 793 words

0Unrated
"Oh god, I'm so sorry" Gerard inhaled sharply as the full heat of the coffee hit him.
"Fuck that's hot!" As Gerard pulled the soaking material clear of his sensitive skin he looked up and was met with a pair of startling auburn eyes.

Wow

Gerard gaze at a rather apologetic and red faced young woman, with long brunette hair dressed in a pale blue shirt and black trousers. The bangs sweeping across her delicate face seemed to enhance the sparkle of her eyes.

As Gary left the room Gerard backed up into his seat. Bob and Ray sat snickering in the corner. Frank, unable to hide his smirk, stoop up and started to retrieve the cups and coffee put from the floor
"Hey, you alright man?"
"Yeah, yeah. It's just a bit or warm coffee. Could my day get any worse?"
"I really am sorry. I'm Aleana, but please call me Alli. Chris asked me to bring the coffee and I wasn't expecting anyone to open the door for me. I really am sorry" Alli remained by the door, still trying to regain her composure.
"It's ok, really. Its just coffee" Gerard let out a gentle sigh as he rubbed his eyes, only to grimace in pain as he caught the bruise.

X

After Gary returned with a sweater to cover gerards stained shirt and a new pot of coffee, everyone acquainted themselves with Aleana before setting out on a tour of the offices. The building was old and made of red brick, high ceilings and a duck egg blue paint job gave the building a professional yet welcoming aura. There were 3 floors to NCC, with Frank and Gerard working on the ground floor at neighbouring desks. Bob was on the first floor, whilst Ray was based on second along with Alli.

"So, what's the deal with Alli?"
"Huh?" Gerard turned around in his chair to face Frank, who was trying to build a pyramid out of markers.
"Alli, you were staring dude"
"No I wasn't! I was just in shock. She threw hot coffee on me"
"By accident. Dam" the marker pen marvel tumbled onto the beech desk, the noise causing a few senior staff to look up from their work. Picking up his pens and putting them in the draw he turned to face Gerard.
"You were seriously drooling. Anyway when's lunch in this joint?"
"Er, I think Gary said it was at 1, which is in ten minutes"
"Sweet, you want to go get something from the subway down the block?" Frank was fidgeting, cracking his knuckles and fiddling with the ring on his thumb.
"I'm meeting someone actually, but I'm sure he won't mind if you come along too"
"He? Oh right, that's cool. Don't worry I'm totally cool with that, my cousin is gay too. Guess you weren't checking out Ali after all eh!?" Frank gave Gerard a nudge in the arm
"What!?" Gerard backed up staring wide eyed at the bluntness of his co-worker. "No, I'm meeting my brother! He works on second. I'm straight!"
"Whoa sorry Gerard. I just thought.... Yeah I probably shouldn't think"

Silence came between the two, Frank still playing with his hands, Gerard looking around the large open plan room. It was partitioned into bays, with a central walkway and water cooler at either end. Air conditioning hummed quietly in the background, barely noticeable over the drone of conversation. Doors went off to a small kitchen and stair well to his left, a door to reception on his right.

"So you were checking out Alli?"
"Seriously!" Gerard turned back to his desk and adjusting the flat screen monitor so it was as low as possible, trying to distract himself from thinking of those stunning eyes.
"Alright fine, subject dropped. What's the time know?"
"Look at your computer screen" Frank seemed like a nice guy. But his persistent questions were starting to wear Gerard's patience thin.
"So did you relay hit your head on a dresser?"

Does he ever shut up!

"Yes frank. I feel out of bed and hit the dresser on my way to the floor"
"Ouch. Hey lunch time"
"Thank god, I need to go get a clean shirt. I think I saw a store down the street. My brother said he would meet me in reception"
"Yeah Alli really did a good job of covering you. Look on the bright side, in between your eye and your shirt, today can't get any worse"
The two men stood up and made their way to reception in silence, something Gerard greatly appreciated.

"WAY! Where do you think your going?"
Gerard froze like a dear caught in the headlights, swallowing hard as he turned to find the source of the roaring voice.
Sign up to rate and review this story