Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Division Bell

II

by horsie890 0 reviews

What Do You Want From Me?: Chapter 2

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Horror - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-26 - 763 words

0Unrated
He raised a hand toward my face, and though I wanted to get away from him, I was frozen in place. Something wasn't letting me move.
Suddenly a flash of red emanated from his fingertips, blinding me for a second. In that second I saw differently. It was as though the darkness had been removed from my room and replaced with pure red light. Everything looked clear. The glow subsided, and my vision swirled with red and black. I blinked to help clear the haze, but it did not help.
"There. Do you see?" he asked softly. "This is what it looks like when you are one with the darkness." He lowered his hand, and my vision returned to normal. I frowned.
"Why are you here?" He put one finger to his lips and shushed me.
"You let me come. I have come because of you." He began to walk in circles around me, taking slow, methodical steps in absolute silence.
"When I let you truly see, I read your memories. There is one you care for, a close friend." He stopped in front of me with evil fire burning in his eyes.
"I will get him. Just like I am going to get you." His form became a cloud of red smoke. It swirled around me, infusing me with a strange energy. I felt myself moving against my will, walking out of the safety of my room and down the hallway. I saw the outline of the door at the end, and tried to stop walking. I was afraid of what he was planning to do to my best friend.
~~
He made me step through the wood of the door and reform on the other side, just like him. The smoke still swirled around me, enabling me to see perfectly. I saw the blond-haired man lying on his side, asleep, facing away from me. Tears began to fall from my eyes.
'I'm sorry,' I thought as my hand raised, palm open, against my will. 'I'm so sorry.' The smoke surrounded him, and I suddenly felt extreme anguish invade his heart. His calm, dreamless sleep was interrupted by this evil presence within me. I heard the man's voice very clearly as he whispered in my friend's ear.
"You will die. You are going to kill yourself. And I'm going to watch you do it." I gasped silently. The last sentence sounded just like my voice.
My friend turned over in his sleep so he was facing me. I saw the look of pain on his face, and it was almost more than I could stand. Two tears slid down the sides of his milk-white face from closed eyes. Tears came to my eyes as well as the evil presence receded from his heart and took over mine. The man spoke to me as well, attempting to soothe my troubled mind.
"Peace, my friend. Your pain will end soon." I retreated to my room, and the smoke left me, reforming into the man. He placed a hand on my shoulder as if to comfort me. I stared back at him with cold, hateful eyes. How dare he fake sympathy when he had caused my friend so much anguish? What kind of person was he? He couldn't have been human.
"You are correct. I am not human."
"You can read my mind, can't you?" I asked as I finally understood. My slightest thought was an open book to him. He nodded once.
"It's quite simple, really. But I cannot reveal the full extent of this power just yet. Not before you are ready." He stepped back into the mirror, and the glass solidified. The mirror shrank back to its original size, and he sat down in some sort of leather chair.
"I don't want any power. Keep it," I said, hoping it would simply vanish but knowing it wouldn't. He shook his head.
"You cannot get rid of it so quickly. I will return later. You will realize exactly how much you need my aid. In the meantime, I suggest you check on your friend. I don't believe he is doing so well right now." His face, my face, disappeared completely from view. I stepped closer to the mirror until my breath left frosted puffs on it. I placed my fingers on the glass, feeling its cold surface. The man's energy pulsated from within it. He was still there, likely watching me.
Then I recalled his words, and raced off down the hallway. There was no time for tears when my friend was in danger.
Sign up to rate and review this story