Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Division Bell

IV

by horsie890 0 reviews

What Do You Want From Me?: Chapter 4

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Horror - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-26 - 684 words

0Unrated
As I held out the last chord, I felt the raw energy of the demon begin to slip away from me.
"We are My Chemical Romance!"
He shouted every word separately, and the crowd went crazy. I saw his energy begin to falter, and stared at him nervously as I waited for his cue to end song and concert alike. He nodded once. I used the last trickle of my energy to slam the last chord as hard as possible, hoping to finish everything nicely. The stage darkened, and my night vision kicked in. The demon began to help slow my breathing.
He collapsed.
Mikey saw it first and ran to his side, managing to help him stand. Both of us half-carried him back to my car so we could get him home. It began raining, choking us with humidity and steam coming off the not-yet-cooled road. I turned the air conditioning on full blast in spite of the roaring sound emanating from the car's engine. My rational side told me it needed a little exercise.
I was lucky it was so late at night, because there were very few cars in my way. I practically floored it the whole way back. Had he not been so wiped out he might have even been scared, though I somewhat doubted it. We helped him into the house and up the single flight of stairs to my room, where he collapsed onto the bed. His face was covered in sweat, so I switched on the fan and opened the double windows wide. It was raining steadily, but there was no wind. The cool air was a welcome relief to all of us.
I left the room, knowing Mikey would want to talk to him. Bob and Ray had just gotten back and were wondering what had happened. Apparently the fans were really upset that we had just randomly taken off.
"I don't care. We've got bigger problems right now," I said in a monotone voice. They tried to go in and talk to him, but left soon after looking very frustrated. I should have known; no one truly understood him and what pain he felt. I wasn't sure I did, either.
Mikey joined the group just a few minutes later, looking like he was about to cry. I pitied him as well, and went into my room to try and get the story. I still didn't believe it. I had to hear it from someone who did.
~~
"Fine," he said, reclining on my bed as I sat on the floor. He began to talk, and didn't stop for nearly an hour. He had so much to tell; I was glad he trusted me.
Eventually, his voice grew slower and more sluggish, then stopped altogether. I glanced at him, not realizing that I had been staring at the mirror the entire time. He had fallen asleep. I smiled and stood up, stretching my sore limbs. He shivered in his sleep, so I closed the window and turned the fan off. I left and turned the light off so that, hopefully, he would get the peaceful night of sleep he deserved so much.
The guys asked me what he had said, but the demon wouldn't let me talk. I obeyed his words; I couldn't let him hurt them too. Mikey seemed the most upset, and with good reason. I was certain he would want to know the reasons behind everything that had been happening. But I couldn't tell him. I stood outside with my iPod, blasting every mind-numbing song I owned, and chain smoked. I watched the rain.
I got cold after about half an hour and went back inside. Everything was dark, but the demon took over and allowed me to see in the shades of red I had become somewhat accustomed to.
'Go to the mirror. I will be waiting.' I stepped carefully over Mikey, who was asleep on the floor, and quietly entered my room. Something stirred behind me, but I didn't care. It wasn't important. The demon retreated into the mirror, and I waited.
Sign up to rate and review this story