Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Division Bell

Mikey's Story: High Hopes: I

by horsie890 0 reviews

High Hopes: Chapter 1

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-26 - 268 words

0Unrated
We've all dreamed of leaving this place. We've been here forever, and for a while it was the only world we understood. It was a peaceful, dull existence. I think I wanted to leave most of all. But I never expected it to actually happen.
And once we left, we began to become divided.
Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young,
In a world of magnets and miracles,
Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary.
The ringing of the division bell had begun.


Everything was different on stage, though. We were united, and nothing could tear us apart. But everything changed once the concerts ended and the makeup came off.
~~
"What do you mean I have to learn bass?" Gerard nodded affirmatively.
"That's exactly what I mean. We already have two guitarists, but we need a bass player. Please, Mikey?" he asked with pleading eyes.
"But that's not fair! I'm your BROTHER. Doesn't that give me any priority?"
"Priority doesn't matter in a band. We have to work as a team if we ever want to even get off the ground." I looked at the floor. How could he do this to me? Obviously I didn't mean anything to him. He placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Please? I really need you to do this for me." I sighed. He sounded like he really needed my help, but he didn't understand. This wasn't the kind of thing brothers were supposed to do to each other.
"I'll try."
The smile I got in return was enough to convince me. But I was still hurt.
Sign up to rate and review this story