Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Division Bell

II

by horsie890 0 reviews

High Hopes: Chapter 2

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-26 - 336 words

0Unrated
I remember that day all too clearly. Now that I think about it, perhaps it was a good decision. I could have said no and gotten left out of this. I'm glad I wasn't. We've all been through so much together.
Just when things were at their worst, we found our tour partners. They're a great band, and I really hope they become successful on their own someday. After all, that's how we got our start.
Along the long road and on down the causeway
Do they still meet there by the cut?
There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps,
Running before time took our dreams away.
Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground
To a life consumed by slow decay.


Things got better before they got worse. Everything seemed perfect, as though we had finally reached balance. Our concerts were greater than they had ever been, and it seemed like our problems were over.

Hardly.

The grass was greener
The light was brighter
With friends surrounded
The nights of wonder.

~~
Whatever friendships were created during those early days, they've been lost now. Every bridge has been burned, set aflame by our angers and frustrations. Together we've all been looking ahead, trying to reach peace, but we can't. As soon as we get closer, we fall backwards and are right where we started. It's as if an ocean is pulling us back towards the flames. Ironic.

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side.
Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again.
Dragged by the force of some inner tide.

~~
The Black Parade saved us.
"We finally made it, G," I had said to my brother with a smile. He had smiled back.
"Yeah. I still can't believe it." We had reveled in the peace, finally free of everything.
At a higher altitude with flag unfurled,
We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world.
Sign up to rate and review this story