Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

Dance, Dancing and the Formation of a Band.

by Dancemandydance 3 reviews

The auditions take place and the band is formed.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-27 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 2991 words

0Unrated
--Pete's POV-

Kat's been my roommate for a couple of days now and at first I thought it was a great idea because when I saw the place she lived in I couldn't believe how small and cramped it was. However, I seemed to overlook the point that I'm in love with this girl when I shouldn't really be involved with her, and my affection with her has only deepened by here constantly being there.

It's the morning that we start auditioning her band and as I exit my room I can hear a sound coming from the living room. I walk into the hall that connects to the living room and there she is, wearing cute little jeans and a blue top that shows off her eyes, dancing and singing to "Lovefool" by the Cardigans. She isn't facing me so I just stand there and watch her, googily-eyed, leaning against the banister.

Love me, love me,
Say that you love me

It's amazing that she can sound so good singing Fall Out Boy songs and sound just as good, if not better, singing Nat King Cole and the Cardigans. All of a sudden she turns around mid-verse and sees me standing there, staring at her. She doesn't stop. Instead, she starts walking towards me singing to me. She grabs my hands and pulls me over to the middle of the room and starts to dance.

"Common, Petey. Dance with me," she says, snapping her finger with one hand and holding mine with the other. The song ends but then another song comes on: Dance, Dance. I sigh and she giggles.

"I hate this band," I whine.

"Yeah me too," she winks, "but the bassist is pretty fucking sexy." I blush and nod in agreement. "Common Pete...dance, dance!" she wines and gives me a puppy dog face.

I give in and start dancing a little bit. Thank God I'm a bass player and can keep a beat, or else I would be lost. She's a really good dancer; sexy one too. We jump around and have a good time and I feel like a teenager again. By the time the song ends we both plop down on the couch, laughing hysterically.

"You're a good dancer, Pete. I wasn't," she catches her breath and puts her hand on her chest, "expecting that."

"Hey I'm a bassist. I can keep a beat," I say as I snap my fingers.

"God you're a nerd..." she laughs and slaps my knee before she gets up. Just that slight touch sent shivers down my spine. I hate this. Thank God the doorbell rang a second later, taking my mind away from Kat. I get up and answer and there's Patrick and Joe.

"Heyyyyyyyyy Petey!" Joe yells over the music playing in the background, which has now switched over to Twist and Shout by the Beatles. "Nice music, dude."

"It's Kat's iPod. She's trying to get pumped for the auditions," I say as I let the guys in.

"Where is she, anyway?" asks Patrick.

"I think she went to the kitchen to get a drink. She just made me dance dance with her."

"Is that why your cheeks are so red?" Joe asks. I nod. Sure, that's why...but not really.

We walk into the kitchen and find Kat with her head in the freezer.

"Um...Katrina what are you doing?" I ask.

"Well, father dearest, I'm cooling off if you must know."

"Father dearest?"

"Yeah...only my dad calls me Katrina."

I don't know why I like to call her Katrina. Maybe because it reminds me of Sleepy Hollow, or maybe because she just looks like more of a Katrina to me. I don't know.

--Kat's POV-

Why did I say that? I love it when he calls me Katrina. I don't know why...I just do. He sounds sexy saying it. Wait. No. I shouldn't think that. He's my boss. Boss and roomie...nothing else. God I hate this.

I walk up to Patrick and Joe and give them both a big hug. Andy's away visiting his girlfriend, but he really doesn't need to be here for auditions anyway. Actually, Joe doesn't really to be here either, but I'm glad he is. He's so God damned funny.

"So, when are the sexy men gonna come dance for us?" Joe rubs his hands together in excitement, sounding completely serious. "I mean...play," he says after Pete gives him a funny look.

"The first guy, a drummer, should be here any second," Pete answers. The doorbell rings. "Speak of the devil." Pete answers it and lets the guy in.

"Kat, this is Rob. He's played for a couple local bands the last couple of years."

"Hi," I say, extending my hand, "Nice to meet you."

"Well, let's go down to the studio and hear what you've got," says Patrick.

We make our way down to Pete's little studio at his house. They use it mostly for rehearsal so it doesn't have any big recording stuff in it or anything, but it's really nice. I've been down here a couple times a week to sing and warm up my voice. Sometimes Pete came down and listened. I don't know why, but it always made me feel better with him there.

Rob sits at the drums and starts to play. He's really good; very skilled and very original.

"Awesome man, awesome," Patrick says as he takes his hand and shakes it after he's done. "Def. a front-runner, even though you're the first dude we've seen today."

I giggle and nod in agreement. Pete's sitting next to me and looks at me, smiling. He nods and tells Rob that he will hear from him soon.

We spend the rest of the afternoon hearing different bass plays, guitarists, and drummers and are about to wrap up when there is one more knock at the door.

"Sorry, am I too late to audition?" I hear a voice say as I walk up the stairs. I come to the top and see his face. He's gorgeous. Tall, tan, dark hair...wow. I smile and introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Kat. No, you're not late."

"Actually we were wrapping up," says Pete, slightly annoyed.

"Common Pete. He came all this way. Let's hear him play," I say as I hug Pete's waist and look up at his face with a sweet smile.

"Fine." What is his deal?

We walk down the stairs and into the studio when I realize that I don't know this guy's name. "What's your name?" I say with a sweet smile.

"Name's Chad," he says confidently as he takes out his guitar. Patrick and Joe introduce themselves but Pete just goes and sits down in the corner.

"Let's hear what you got," he says very boss-like. I've never seen Pete act this way before. Chad starts to play and he is amazing. He's almost on a level with Jimi Hendrix, I dare say. Patrick and Joe are staring at him with their jaws practically hitting the floor as he finishes his last riff.

"Wow," I say, starting a slow clap. "Wow, that was amazing. Hired!"

"Kat, you can't just decide like that," interjects Pete.

"Yes I can. I want him. He's in."

"You want me?" he asks.

"You know what I mean," I say giggling. I can't help but feel a little attracted to him and I must admit it would be nice to think about someone other than Pete in that way.

"Dude. Amazing. You have to be in the band," insists Patrick. "Common Pete. He's good and he'll draw in the ladies. He can be their band's Pete Wentz."

"I don't know about that," Chad says humbly.

"Alright," sighs Pete.

I hug Pete around the neck and whisper, "thank you," in his ear before giving him a peck on the cheek. He blushes and hugs me back.

"We'll start rehearsal as soon as we get some songs. Can you write at all?" Patrick asks.

"Yeah, I remember the audition sheet saying something like that. I got a few things," he goes into his bag and pulls out a binder full of stuff.

"Mind if I take a look?" Pete asks, extending his hand.

"Sure man, take a gander." This guy is weirdly confident. I guess he should be because he's freakin gorgeous and wildly talented on the guitar...but confidence kinda throws me off. Part of the main reason I'm attracted to Pete is he's so humble and not in any way self serving. Sure, he comes off that way sometimes, but when we're alone he's really sweet and...I really need to stop thinking about him.

"Pretty good stuff. We found a bassist who writes some pretty sweet tunes so I think we have something good, here, Kat," Pete says, smiling at me.

"Yeah?" I ask sweetly. I still can't believe this is happening to me.

"Definitely," he says as he pulls me in for a hug and kisses my hair.

"I hope you don't mind me asking this, but are you two an item?" asks Chad. Pete steps back and I start to laugh.

"Ha ha ha...no. Pete's not my type. He's just a big brother."

--Pete's POV-

A big brother? What? Damnit. Maybe she's just saying that because she's uncomfortable...but it's probably true. She flirts with me all the time, but I get that she's just playing around. Or at least I get it now. Maybe I should try to focus on a different girl. Too bad all the girls that want me want me for the wrong reasons. It's either "you're so sexy, Pete" or "I love how dark you are...its so hot," to quote a couple starlets. I can't stand them anymore. I just want someone normal, someone naturally beautiful, someone like Kat. I want Kat.

"Ah...I see. Sorry," Chad smiles at Kat. I can tell he finds her attractive, but really, who wouldn't? "Well I better get going. When should I plan to hear from you guys?"

"Well we're gonna go over who we saw today and make final decisions. But you're already in the band. I think we'll have a party this weekend so you can all get together and meet and start collaborating," I said.

"Cool...cool." He put his guitar away and we head up the stairs. After he leaves Kat jumps up and down, smiling. Joe starts to jump up and down, too. Why? No idea.

"I'm so freakin excited!" she says, jumping on Patrick and giving him a huge hug. "I love you guys soooo much."

"We love you, as well," smiles Patrick, hugging her back. "Well, it's crazy late so I think Joe and I should head out."

"Aren't we gonna choose who's going to be in the band?" Kat asks.

"We'll sleep on it," I say, patting Kat's back.

The guys leave and Kat and I go over to the couch and sit down and talk.

"So I like Chad...he's gonna be great for the band," she says as she snuggles close to me.

"You like like him or just like him? Cuz if you like him...that could be risky for the band," I say softly, trying to be as convincing as possible.

"Pete, don't be silly. I don't mix business with pleaaasuuuree," she says, rubbing her thigh, trying to be sexy...it worked.

"Good...I'm just saying that as your boss, not as your friend."

"Yes, Mr. boss man," she giggled, giving me a salute. We talked for a couple of hours about the guys we thought would be good for the band. No girls showed up for the audition, but we didn't want any girls taking away from Kat, anyway. We basically had a set group in mind by the time Kat went up to bed.

The next morning, Patrick came over and we all discussed our choices. We wanted Patrick to have an input because he would be producing the album, and possibly writing the music for a couple of tracks. After we set on our guys, we called them over and had them play a couple of songs as a band. They covered some Paramore and "Golden". Kat sounds so amazing that after the song I swear I saw tears in Patrick's eyes.

"Awesome. We definitely have something special here. Better tell Panic! At the Disco to watch their backs, Pete," Patrick said after they sang a couple songs.

"Ha ha definitely," I agree, getting up and hugging Kat. "Good job, sweetie," I whisper in her ear.

"Thank you," she whispers in my ear, and putting her head on my shoulder as she pulls me in for another hug.

"I'll get the guys at the label to pull up some contracts to sign, and we'll get things rolling," I say to the guys.

"So after we sign the contracts, what's the next step?" Keith, the bass player, asks.

"We'll make a demo and I'll pitch it to some radios. And then I think we'll get a spot for you guys on our next headlining tour as openers this Fall."

"Tour? AWESOME," says Rob, who we decided was definitely the best drummer for the job.

"I'm so flippin excited I can't freakin believe it," Kat does her little jump again. God, she's adorable.

The guys stay for dinner. Kat seems to get along with all the guys really well and they seem to love her. We talk about music, movies, all the normal stuff. Around 1 am the guys start to leave one by one.

--Kat's POV-

It's 1:30 and Chad and I are still chatting. I get a feeling he likes me. He's really flirty and keeps looking at me up and down. It makes me feel good, but at the same time a little uncomfortable. I try to incorporate Pete into our conversation, but he seems kind of distant. I still don't think he likes Chad.

"I think I'm gonna go update my blogs and stuff," he sulks, starting to walk up the stairs.

"Whaaa? Petey no! Hang with us," I say, running over to him and tugging on his arm.

"No, I'm good. You guys talk as long as you want. Have fun." He's not at all convincing.

"What is wrong with you," I whisper to him through my teeth.

"Nothing. I'm just tired."

"Pete, you're being really weird. You're making me sad."

"Sorry you can't be happy ALL the time, Katrina. My fault."

"Don't take your depression out on me, Pete. Go ahead and go upstairs. I don't need this right now," I shout. He doesn't respond and just walks upstairs.

"Are you two okay?" Patrick asks.

"I don't know. He's being a drama queen."

"I'll go talk to him." Patrick walks up the stairs.

--Pete's POV-

I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Trick, can I come in?"

"Yeah. Whatever," I sigh.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Patrick exclaims.

"Nothing. God, I'm fine!"

"Doesn't look like it to me, or Kat. She's acting like she's not worried but I know she is...she cares about you a lot."

"Caring...that's the problem," I whisper.

"What?"

"I said caring. It's the problem. I care too much about her."

"Do you love her or something? Cuz I get that vibe from both of you."

"Is it obvious?" I ask softly. He nods. "I can't help it...I fell in love with her before I met her. I've tried to stop but she's just so...Katrina."

"If it's any conciliation, I think she feels the same way."

"Yeah right," I scoff. "I'm not that lucky. Plus, I'm her boss. She says she doesn't mix business with pleasure."

"Yeah you shouldn't be together, but it's just...it just fits. I really do think she loves you, Pete." He puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Telling me lies isn't going to make me feel any better."

"I'm not lying, but whatever, man."

"Look I'm really tired, can I go to sleep?" I turn away from him and sign off of my computer, put the screen down, and head over to my bed.

"Yeah man...go ahead," he says and exits the room.

I try to sleep but can't help but smile. I wonder if Patrick's right...maybe she does feel the same way. Too bad I'm too chicken shit to find out.

--Kat's POV-

Patrick makes his way downstairs to find me, Joe, and Chad getting up and walking towards the door.

"Finally winding the party down?" He smiles and comes up and hugs me.

I nod. "Yeah...I'm tired as hell and Pete kinda ruined the mood." I pull Patrick back and ask him what was wrong with Pete.

"He's just...depressed. He gets that way, sometimes for no reason."

"Yeah...I've noticed. But since I've lived here he's been pretty happy, it seems."

"That's because you make him happy. You're really special to him, you know," he says looking at me with sleepy eyes.

"I know. He's special to me too..." I trail off. I want to tell Patrick how I feel about Pete, but I can't. It just isn't safe. I love Patrick, but I don't know how well he can keep a secret and I do not want Pete to know.

"Just let him be depressed. It's normal for him. He writes better when he's depressed, anyway. So I need him like that right now," he giggles, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah...ok. Well I guess I'll see you guys later." I hug all the guys and we say our goodnights. I walk back upstairs and stand in front of Pete's door. I almost knock but then decide its best just to let him be. I walk to my bedroom, get changed into some comfy PJs, and get in bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Review and I will love you forrrrreeeeevvveeerrrrrr.
Sign up to rate and review this story