Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

Kat's Big 24

by Dancemandydance 3 reviews

Kat's 24th birthday ends up being the best birthday she's ever had. Could it end with more than just a birthday hug from Pete?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-27 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 2694 words

0Unrated
--Kat's POV-

That weekend we had the party and Pete was pretty much back to normal. I guess he decided to stop being an asshole. The party went well. It wasn't as much of as a party as a "sit around and listen to music" kinda thing. Out There were a couple more people there, including dirty and Charlie and a couple guys from Gym Class Heroes and Cobra Starship. Most of the guys got stinking drunk, everyone except Pete, me, Trick and Andy. I decided a long time ago to be straight-edge, back in my first semester of college and now at 23 I still held strong to my convictions. That's kinda how we got the name for the band. We decided on Edge Me Out. I was happy to be surrounded by guys who felt they didn't need to drink to have fun. Pete and I never needed alcohol to have a laugh.

The next week we signed the contracts and got into the studio to record the demo. We did a couple of originals, which were so amazing, and covered "Golden" after Pete insisted. He said I sing it almost better than Patrick (yeah right).

It's September now, a couple of days before my birthday on the 15th. I sit in my bed, my hands behind my head, listening to the radio. Pete said he was pretty sure one of our songs was going to be played my Seacrest on his show today. Pete had visited him and gave him the demo and apparently Ryan loved it. I close my eyes and almost start to drift of to sleep when I hear the opening riffs to our song.

"OH MY GOD!" I scream, sitting up in my bed. If you've ever seen the movie That Thing You Do!, I react exactly like Liv Tyler did when the song first came on the radio. I run into Pete's room and find him sitting at his laptop.

"I'm on the radio Pete! Me! Radio!!!!!" I scream, jumping up and down.

"I know I'm listening," he sits back in his chair and giggles. "It's amazing."

"Pete I freakin LOVE you right now!" I run over to him and sit on his lap, put my hands around his neck and kiss him on the nose. "You're the bestest."

"Shhhh...I'm trying to listen to the sexy girl singing on the radio," he giggles, putting his arms around my waist. "You sound great, Kat."

"Thank you. I can't even begin to say..." He puts his finger to my lips.

"I know. You don't have to say." I lay my head on his chest and listen to the music and his heart beat. After the song ends, Ryan starts to talk.

"That was Edge Me Out, the new band under Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy's label Decaydance. Pete came by yesterday and told me he's never been so proud of a band before. Here's what he had to say."

Pete's voice started to come over the radio. "Actually Patrick found her in a record store singing along to Nat King Cole and insisted that she sing on our new record. She sings harmony with Patrick on one of the new tracks and it's amazing. After hearing it, I decided that she should front a band. She has an amazing voice and she's like...gorgeous...so she would be an amazing front woman. We got a band together and they just recently recorded this demo and they'll be opening for us on tour this Fall."

"Pete seems to have a lot of success with these bands, and I don't think this band is going to be any different. Look for Fall Out Boy's new album to hit stores early this Fall and watch out for them on tour with Edge Me Out," Ryan's voice came back over the air.

"I'm gorgeous, eh?" I giggle.

"You know you're beautiful, Kat," he says matter-of-factly.

"You said gorgeous...that's different. And no...I really don't think I am."

"You're beautiful and gorgeous, Katrina. So shut up," he smiles down at me and gives me another tight hug. "So...what do you want for your birthday, Kitty Kat?"

"Um...I dunno. Nothing," I shrug.

"24 is a big year though!" Pete giggles.

"Oh yeah...almost as big as 37," I roll my eyes. "I don't want a party or anything."

"Really? No party? No Diddy? No Champagne? No strippers?" Pete gasps.

"Ha ha...no I just wanna hang with you guys and the band. Honestly." I look up into his eyes and see his hazel eyes sparkling down at me.

"Ok...if that's what you want. No party. But I will get you a present. Now what do you really want?" he says, starting to tickle me.

"Noooo!!!" I squirm and get off of him and go over to his bed. "No tickling. No fair." He comes over to me and climbs on top of me, tickling me some more.

"I'm not going to stop until you tell me what you want, Kat," he yells over my screams.

"Fine!!!" He stops and gets off of me and lays beside me, his right arm laying across my stomach. "I would like a teddy bear." I look over at him and he starts to laugh. "Seriously. I left mine at home and I miss it. I want a big, brown teddy bear with a red bow."

"Seriously?" he asks. I nod. "Okay...I shall get you a teddy bear."

"God I'm tired...I wanna take a nap," I yawn.

"Well we are on a bed...I'm tired, too." He lays back and pulls me close to him. "Let's take a nap." I smile and rest my head on his chest. The sound of his heart beat sets me to sleep very quickly.

--Pete's POV-

I smile down at Kat. She looks so peaceful. Her body is so close to mine, I can feel her stomach rise and fall against my hip. Her left leg and arm are spread across my chest and legs, making me feel so warm inside I swear my whole body was blushing. I didn't think I would be able to fall asleep. I almost never sleep, but am extremely tired from filming the video for our new single and Kat just seems to fit me so perfectly that I nod off.

A couple of hours later I wake up to my cell phone. It's Patrick.

"Dude. Like 4 stations played Kat's song on the radio. People keep calling in and asking for it. I think we have another Panic! At the Disco on our hands," he says.

"Whaaaa??" I say, half awake.

"Dude...were you fucking napping? You never nap."

"We were tired."

"We? You mean you and Kat? Why don't you tell her that you love her already...Jesus Christ."

"I can't, especially not now. It's about her and the band. I don't want her to get attention for the wrong reasons."

"Can't what?" I hear Kat say, rubbing her eyes. Shit...Thank god I didn't say anything obvious.

"Nothing sweetie," I say, patting her head.

"Kay," she whispers and puts her head back down on my chest.

"What was that?" asked Patrick.

"Nothing...Kat just woke up."

"Oh. Okay well anyway I was calling to tell you that and to ask about Kat's party."

I somehow manage to weasel my way out from under Kat's grasp and exit the room. "She doesn't really want one, Trick," I say as I enter the hallway.

"But I thought you wanted to throw a surprise party for her."

"She's pretty adamant about just hanging out with us and her band."

"Well we can still surprise her. Are you still designing that special hoodie for her?" he asks.

"Yeah. It's done. I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow. I guess we can still surprise her. I can send her out to get some groceries or something on Tuesday and when she comes back we'll pop out and yell surprise and give her a cake and stuff."

"Dude. I got the coolest idea for the cake...its Star Wars."

"Awesome. So after her party we have to fly to TRL and do our video premiere and stuff."

"Yeah the 16th. Crazy...right? I can't believe we have the #1 single again. I honestly didn't think it would happen." Patrick's always so humble, but he just keeps getting better and better and I actually was not surprised this time that we were #1.


The next day, I went and picked up the hoodie I designed for Kat. It was blue on the outside and really light purple on the inside. On the bottom left hip it read "Edge Me Out" in cursive and on the left chest it had a drawing I made of a really cute Kat that I showed her a couple of months before and she fell in love with. On the hood it had the Clandestine logo and inside a whole bunch of the little kitties. It was amazing and I was so excited to see her face when I give it to her.

I come home and Kat's on the phone with Chad. I go upstairs and hide the hoodie in my closet and head back downstairs and catch the end of the their conversation.

"Yeah...I know right? Amazing. Yeah. Totally. No...we're not. I just wanna hang out with you guys. Yes it's going to be here. What? No Pete won't sulk...I'll punch him if he does. That's not the reason...Chad common. Don't be ridiculous." She pauses when she sees me come into the kitchen.

"Hi Petey," she mouths. I wave and smile. "Yeah I'll see you tomorrow, Chad. Night."

"Where have you been?" she cocks an eyebrow and smiles.

"Just getting your present."

"My teddy?"

"Sure," I nod and smile. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Yes I do! Can we watch Peter Pan?" she starts running into the living room.

"Yeah but let's go watch it in the theatre. It's more cozy." We walk down into the theatre and sit on the couch. I sit on the side and put my arm on the armrest. Kat turns on the movie and comes and cuddles next to me like she always does. It's become natural now, our cuddling. We really do act like a couple, except for the kissing and the sex and all that stuff. People have even speculated in gossip magazines that Kat was my "new mystery woman". Kat cries during the movie, like she does during all Disney movies, but Peter Pan gets to her more for some reason.

"I love this movie so much," she sniffles.

"Me too, it's my favorite," I say as I hug her close and kiss her hair. After the movie we go upstairs and go into our separate rooms to try and get a good night sleep. Tomorrow is a big day.

--Kat's POV-

The next day I wake up around noon and find a teddy bear next to me. Pete must have slipped in and put it there in the middle of the night. Attached is a note that read "This is just part of your present. Come downstairs for more." I smile and slip on my pj pants (it was really hot so I slept with just my panties and tank on...I hope Pete didn't notice).

As I walk downstairs, a sweet smell fills my nostrils. I walk downstairs and see Pete making pancakes with a apron on.

"Morning, birthday girl," he smiles and gives me a cute little wave.

"Thanks, Petey. I love my bear," I say as I give him a hug from behind.

"Hey hey watch out! Hot pancakes here."

"Gimme gimme!" I say like a little kid.

"And how old are you today, Katrina? 5?" I giggle and go and sit at the kitchen table. He comes over with two plates of pancakes and we eat mostly in silence, enjoying the surprisingly good pancakes. After we eat Pete gets up and puts the dishes in the sink and starts talking again.

"So I was wondering...I have a big conference call about the CD release thing and I was wondering if you could go get some chips and salsa and stuff for our little get together tonight."

"Yeah, sounds good."

A couple of hours later I come back to the house, grocery bags in tow. I walk through the front door to a silent house, dark house, which was surprising. I was expecting some of the guys to be there already.

"Pete?" I call. "Where are you?" All of a sudden the lights come on and Pete, Patrick, Joe, Andy, Keith, Chad, and Rob jump out from behind various pieces of furniture.

"Surprise!" they all shout.

"Awwww guys! Thanks!" Pete comes over and takes my bags. "There wasn't a conference call, was there?" He shakes his head and smiles before walking towards the kitchen.

"I'm so glad you guys are here," I say, embracing all of them.

That night we ate cake, an amazing Star Wars cake that Joe and Patrick designed for me, listened to music, and watched some movies in the theatre. After the movies, Pete made an announcement.

"So I think it's gift time," Pete looks at me slyly. I open presents from all the guys. Patrick got me a really cool Nat King Cole record, Joe got me a Star Wars t-shirt and one of those legit lightsabers, Chad got me a really cool bracelet, Keith got me a really nice leather wallet and Rob got me really nice bedding for my bead, which I definitely needed. Everyone looks at Pete. He smiles and runs out of the room and comes back with a package.

"Pete I told you not to get me anything else."

"Yeah but this is special," he says, handing me the package. I unwrap it and find the coolest hoodie I've ever seen.

"Wow. Pete its amazing. You put a lot of thought into this. Thank you! I love it." I stand up and hug him and give him a kiss on the cheek. I can't believe he designed a hoodie for me. "I'm going to wear it every day."

"Don't do that...it'll get smelly. Believe me," Joe laughs, "Pete used to wear that red hoodie all the time and it was not pleasant."

"Well guys, I can honestly say this was the best birthday I've ever had. I love you all so much." I hug them all and thank them again for their gifts, hugging Pete the tightest and the longest.

"We have to fly to NY tomorrow so we should really get to sleep. It's 2 am already," says Patrick. The guys all agree and head out. Pete and I look around at the mess. Bottles and candy wrappers are scattered across the floor.

"I'll clean it up tomorrow when you guys are gone," I say as I stretch. "I'm tired, I'm gonna go to bed. Thank you again for the great birthday." I walk over to Pete and give him a peck on the neck and hug him. He hugs me back and leans back and gazes down into my eyes, still holding my waist.

"Happy Birthday, Katrina," he whispers.

"Techincially, it's not my birthday anymore," I say softly, looking up into his eyes. I want to kiss him so bad I can almost taste his lips. He looks at me as though he wants to kiss me too, but I'm probably just imagining things. He leans in and kisses my cheek and pats my butt and heads off to bed.

--Pete's POV-

I almost did it. I almost kissed her. It felt as though she was begging me too as she looked at me and bit her lip. I just couldn't do it because what if she really didn't want me to and slapped me? Then it would go from being the best birthday ever to the worst just because of my stupid lust. I walk upstairs and try to get a good sleep before we head off to TRL the next day.
Sign up to rate and review this story