Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Magnolia Hair Dye [2]

You're Not Alone

by Silvana 7 reviews

The End.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-02 - Updated: 2007-03-02 - 1366 words

2Insightful
You're Not Alone

"What the fuck?" Gerard started as he blearily opened his eyes.
"Oh good. The sleeping beauty's awake," was a sarcastic reply. He sat up, forgetting where he was. "Who the fuck are- Oh yeah," he stopped, as he remembered. Kat was not happy; in fact her face was as black as thunder. "Your mobile's been going off constantly. I think someone's trying to get hold off you. And," she said, glancing to her right, "Someone found you."
He followed her gaze, bypassing the CDs, and photos as his eyes came to rest on Frank.
"Gee," Frank began seriously.
""Yeah?" Gerard asked worriedly.
"I did it!" Frank squealed happily, "I went poof." Then he frowned at Kat as she burst out laughing. "What?" he asked.
"You sound...laughs exactly like ...laughs...my best mate," she choked, "She calls it going poof as well."
Frank shrugged. "And there was me thinking it was chat up line."
She gave him the look that meant No way! "You're engaged, remember?" she asked, "And you're like .../old./"
"I know, "he nodded, "I would have knocked you back anyway. And I'm not that old!" She shook her head tiredly. "You guys need to get back to London somehow."
"Where are we?" Gerard asked curiously.
"Lichfield," she shrugged, and then seeing their blank faces explained, "It's near Birmingham, England."
"So how the heck are we going to get back?" Both men asked at the same time, then mock glared at each other.
"Well, the clickiness isn't working-, "she started, then paused as Frank stared at her, "What?"
"And you laughed at me for calling it going poof?" he asked almost incredulously. She nodded, her blonde hair not moving because it was tied back in a stubby ponytail. "Yup. Glad to see you can remember past events." He glared at her. "Don't like you" he muttered.
"Anyway," she continued talking over him, "like I said the clickiness isn't working, so you're going to have to do what ordinary people do and catch the train. Or you can be picked up from here. Please note that you are going to have to vacate the premises considering my parents are due back any time." Gerard swung his legs off the sofa onto the floor and stood up.
"Come on then," he said to Frank, "We'd better get going."
"No need," Frank said brightly, "The guys are coming to pick us up. But we have to wait for a while."
She grinned at him. "You may want to hide out somewhere then," she warned them, thinking of the hoards of My Chemical Romance fans that walked the streets of Lichfield.
"Like where?" Frank asked slowly.
"Like..." she paused. "Like the cathedral."
Frank snorted. "Like a Christian church?"
"No," she told him, her face serious. "A Satanist church."
"They actually have those!" Frank breathed, his eyes wide, looking for all the world like a kid who'd been told that reindeer can fly. It was Gerard's turn to snort from where he still sat on the sofa. "She's kidding Frank."
"But it's got enough death to satisfy you ghouls," Kat interjected. "Go on, shoo." She told them before either of them had time to protest that they weren't ghouls. They were vampires. As she hustled them to the door Frank suddenly thought of something. "How will we find it?" he asked. A giant bell began to ring as she opened the front door.
"I would hope you don't get lost crossing the street."
__________________________________________________________________

Half an hour later Kat made her way across to the cathedral and she found Gerard sitting lost in thought next to the statue of the sleeping children.
The Sleeping Children is a marble statue of two girls lying on a bed seemingly asleep. One looked older by 3 or four years. The youngest was holding on to her sister, a posy of flowers clutched din her hand. The elder had a comforting arm round the other.
Kat sat down next to him.
"What's the story?" Gerard asked, his voice breaking. He coughed to clear his throat. "Behind the statue I mean." He could have sworn sadness flashed in her eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come.
"Pain and death," she began quietly. "The eldest died, from T.B I think and then her sister collected flowers and reached up above the fire for a vase. Her dress caught fire." She shrugged. "She died. Then her father died soon after, and the grieving mother ordered a memorial." She nodded towards the statue. "That memorial."
He nodded thoughtfully. "'Kay..." he trailed off, becoming immersed in his own thoughts once more.
"I'm going down there." She gestured vaguely with her hand. As she stood up and wandered further into the church, he followed her. When he came to a halt beside her she was standing in front of a stand filled with lighted candles, her head bowed and her eyes closed. Gerard gently put a hand on her shoulder. "Who died?" he asked, his voice hoarse. She turned to him her eyes bright with unspoilt tears. "Great grandparents and uncle."
"I'm sorry," he told her honestly.
"Yeah," she replied. "I don't deserve sympathy though."
"Don't say that," he began but she just kept talking.
"Compared to when they told me they'd died, I cried more when I was told Santa didn't exist. At my uncle's funeral I left early and went home and played with my Barbies till I felt better." Her voice was gradually becoming more and more bitter as she spoke. "I didn't grieve it all. Did you when your grandmother died?" And then she realised that she'd crossed an invisible line and her gaze dropped to the floor. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I shouldn't have said that." He bit his lip and gently placed his hand under her chin and made her look at him. "Yeah I did." He told her softly. "A whole album worth of grief. And it still hurts now, just not as much." He dropped his hand and she dropped her gaze.
"It's only now that I wake up crying in the night," she murmured. "I just miss them so much." Tears started to roll down her cheeks and she turned away from him. Gerard tactfully retreated.

"Anyway," she said brightly a few minutes later as she walked back up to him, only the streaky eyeliner betraying the fact that she'd been crying. "Shouldn't you be getting picked up soon?" in true story fashion Frank came running up. "They're here." He turned to Kat. "I promise not to click my fingers anytime soon."
She smiled at him. "I think it's stopped working. But thanks anyway." Gerard grinned at her then went serious. "Take care. Don't do drugs. Don't drink."
"yes dad," she teased. "Same to you." Just as Frank left Gerard sheepishly handed her a piece of paper. She raised an eyebrow but accepted it from him. He ruffled her hair, almost affectionately. "See ya round kiddo," he grinned as he too left. She uncrumpled the piece of paper to reveal a printout of one of her better songs that she remembered having been on her bedroom floor. He'd written something on the bottom.

No matter how often you wake up crying remember you're not alone.

Gee Way.


________________________________________________________________
An: Thanks to God for giving me the ability to write. Thanks to Pinkkissypetefreak, Luna, FallOutGrl, Alison, MyVengefulRomance, SafeFromRobotsDAMN, Cerediwen, Isuckatlifen, MafiaQueen007, ThePatient, Killmyending. Thanks to every body who has rated. Thanks to everyone who's read. Thanks to Jess for being hyper enough to make me write, thanks to Beth for unintentionally giving me idea and for the phone call that started it all. Thanks to Grindstore for showing me the HIM T-shirt and thanks to Zara Matthews, Becca Blake, Willow Matthews and Jenny Matthews for reminding me. Thanks to Gerard Way for dying his hair black once more and annoying me enough to plot my revenge.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of MCR (or McFly). I don't own the NIA, Wembley arena, the tour bus or the house. However I do own Kat and her past.

This is the end.

But guys, always remember. You're not alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story