Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just Your Average Non-groupie [5]

Thanks For The Memories, Even Though They Weren't So Great

by Silvana 5 reviews

Part two

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2007-03-02 - Updated: 2007-03-02 - 605 words

0Unrated
Thanks For The Memories, Even Though They Weren't So Great

He stayed leaning against the wall, and didn't bat an eyelid. "Go on," he said, his voice stony. A tear started to wind it's way down her cheek but she fiercely brushed it away.
"In 1976 I was born in New York, U.S.A to Mark and Jane Smith. In 1990 my parents split up. Started arguing over who would have custody of me. I started to fool around with guys, cos it took my mind off what was happening. And I know I was only 14," she almost snapped. "And then...and then..." She stopped. "Then I found out I was pregnant."
He regarded her impassively. So many lies. So much heartache.
"I...I...I didn't want a kid. I was going to be 15, who would have? I booked an abortion...but I couldn't go through with it. My parents found out and immediately neither of them wanted anything to do with me. Suddenly they were arguing who wouldn't have custody over me." She laughed resentfully. "It was such a shame when they died in a car crash, leaving me and my unborn kid no where to go. My aunt and uncle agreed to take me in. Snag was they lived in England. They flew over and we talked. I didn't want people to know Jenny was mine, so they agreed that we could call her my sister. I always looked younger than I was so it sort of worked. They stayed in America while I had Jenny." She smiled bitterly. "God, I never want to do that again." She glanced up at him. "10 hour labour." She sighed and continued with the story. "We stayed in America till I'd done my O levels. Failed all of them apart from biology. When we finally moved to England, she was about a year old. We gave out that she was my sister. Most people didn't pick up on the age gap. I left school at 16 so after that my age didn't really matter. I could have been any age. I moved out and away so people couldn't make anything out of how old I was. When Jenny was older, about ten, they moved down here and I followed them. That was when I changed my age on everything. I changed my name to Matthews because Mom and Dad adopted me legally. I became Willow Matthews, the twenty year old. Not twenty-five. Nobody knew me down here, nobody was looking for anything and it was unlikely they'd have found anything. Sometimes I found my self actually believing it. That I was Willow Matthews twenty years old. That Jenny was my sister. That I was English. That Kerry and John Matthews were my parents. That I hadn't been so unbelievably stupid. Ask anyone," she began almost defiantly, "I'm Willow Mathews, twenty six years old who used to work in a Chanel shop. Not Willow Smith, 31 who was a fucking retard when she was a kid," She finished, her voice slowly fading away, as more glistening tears rolled down her cheeks. "You can't tell anyone," she begged, "Please."
He just stood there, watching her. Then it was like something inside of him clicked. "Fuck off Will. Stop messing around with my brother's head. He doesn't need someone like you hanging around, poisoning his mind." He reached for the door and just as he was about to step out he turned back. "Congratulations," he said bitterly," You've kept your webs of lies together. Well fucking done." And with that last parting comment Gerard Way walked out of the room, slamming the door.

_________________________________________________________________
Sign up to rate and review this story