Categories > Original > Drama > Alone with Len

Sleeping Beauty

by Neoluna_Dark 1 review

A strange man. A drunk mother. And a very frightened young girl. Rated for later chapters(that may or may not be longer for the sake of time).

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2007-03-02 - Updated: 2007-03-02 - 567 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
Tonight I'm here alone with Len. Mom is out somewhere. On one of her many drinking sprees no doubt. She dose this all the time. She'll probably stumble in here two days from now, reeking of booze and complaining of a hangover. It's just me and Len.
I sit alone on the couch in the living room. I haven't even turned on the TV. Just sitting, letting my mind wonder. Len is in his room. I kinda wonder what he's doing in there. Come to think of it, why hasn't he come out here yet. Normally he would have come out of his room as soon as he heard me walk past.
'Maybe he's sleeping already.' I thought to myself, 'It is kind of early to be turning in but I'm kind of relived to. I'll be able to just relax here on the couch with out interruptions tonight! I could fix myself some instant ramen noodles and just snuggle up with a good book!' With that I got up and started toward the kitchen to put on the water for my Ramen.
Now to get to there I Knew I would have to pass by Len's room, and planned to do so quickly in hopes he wouldn't see me. So I tipped quietly down the hall past his door and was almost in the clear. Until my nosiness got the better of me and I backed up to peek into his room.
Len was laying on the pallet made of blankets on the floor he used as a bed with his eyes closed. He looked rather pale but his breathing was slow and even.
'He must be asleep.' I decided and was turning to leave when I noticed he was shivering a bit. His top cover was still folded at the foot of the pallet. I debated with my self for a minute before giving in to my conscious and going in to spread it out over him. As I pulled up to his chin I couldn't help but stare.
'He is really handsome...' I thought as gazed down at his sleeping form, 'kinda creepy but still really handsome.'. I reached out and brushed a strand of hair out of his face. He woke instantly. I was so startled I tumbled over landing some how with my foot beneath my butt bent at a odd angle till it gave under my weight with and a rather loud crack my ankle twisted. I winced but managed to hold back the tears as I watched him. Len sat up slowly and reaching to touch the cheek I had brushed looked about the room rather dazed. Then he noticed me holding my sore and now beginning to swell ankle. I must have looked a site sitting there sniveling because he was immediately by my side.
"Are you ok?" Len asked voice soft and low, as he reached and touched the injured appendage with gentle fingers, "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. Let me help you." he said lifting me in his arms without waiting for my reply. He cradling me in his arm he carried me to my room. I had to admit it was a nice feeling. The unease he normally caused me completely forgotten, I relaxed resting my head against his chest till we reached my room on the opposite side of the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story