Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe

The Message

by Freespirit 0 reviews

AJoe sends a message to a loved one

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-09-18 - Updated: 2005-09-18 - 361 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Not mine. Never were, never will be. All Hasbro's, Marvel's, DDP's, etc.

AN: Warning! This fic has not been beta'ed as of yet. So everything typo and grammar mistake is solely to blame on me. The existence of this fic, though, is - once again - Amy's fault. See what happens when you herd all those rabid plot bunnies my way? ;)



The Message

He could feel people looking at him as he moved along. Given, he posed an odd sight, carrying what he did while wearing his uniform, but he didn't care. He was on a mission, and nothing and nobody would stop him.

His heart started to beat faster as he reached the spot where they'd first met. Closing his eyes, he recalled that now bittersweet memory, remembered their short time together and how it had ended, how one violent act had torn her out out of his life forever.

/She was the first, /he thought. The first he could imagine spending the rest of his life with, maybe even have children with. Then they'd had this fight, and no real chance to reconcile.

For a while, he had thought that his being a Joe had been a partial reason for her death, as it had been the sole reason for the rift that come between them. Now he knew better. Fate had dealt them a bad hand.

Not that this would make it any easier.

She was dead, and he was left behind to deal with it, to deal with the pain.

Taking a deep breath, he opened his eyes again and took in his surroundings. Surprisingly, nothing had changed.

Nothing but him. Nothing but the fact that she would never be here again.

He looked at his watch. He wanted to it at the same time they had met.

Five seconds.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

He opened his hands and let go of the balloons he'd held. 24 balloons. One for each month that she had been gone now.

As he watched them rise to the sky, Ripcord softly whispered the word he'd written on each of the cards attached to the string of each balloon.

"I love you, Candy."
Sign up to rate and review this story