Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Summer Wine

Blackout

by Cerediwen 5 reviews

Okay so it's a starting chapter, with a twist, Frankie and a little bit of history. Enjoy...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Crossover, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-03 - Updated: 2007-03-03 - 1036 words

0Unrated
Chapter One
Blackout

Frank Anthony Iero ran his hand over the marks on the side of his neck for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. From behind him, further into the living room Muse's Blackout whispered hauntingly from the speakers. He had no idea why he was playing Muse - he liked them but not enough to have one song playing on repeat for the last hour.
This life's too good to last, and I'm too young to care
He bit his lip as he pressed his forehead against the cold glass, his breath misting up the window pane so quickly that soon the street in Belleville, New Jersey outside became nothing more than a mass of tangled colours. In half an hour his fiancée, Jamia would be back in the flat and she'd notice - he knew she would. The bites weren't healing and every now and again he would feel a trickle of unnaturally cold blood slither down the side of his neck. He shivered just thinking about it - what the hell do girls do on finding out their fiancé is a vampire...?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamia smiled to herself as she twisted the key into the lock and let herself into the apartment she and Frank shared. As soon as she stepped into the hall she could hear the rush of water from the bathroom and she sighed as she realised that he would be at least another half an hour. Glancing up at the clock as she walked into the kitchen and dumped her bags onto the table, a tube of Pringles rolling out onto the cloth she started as she realised that it was already going eight o'clock. Eight o'clock in the evening of May 21st. She chewed her lip as alarm bells went off in her head...there was something important happening tomorrow but she couldn't think what. Sighing to herself she filled the kettle and set it to boil before she walked into the living room and turned the TV on as she waited for Frank to emerge from the shower.

~~~~~~~~~

Frank ran a hand through his still dripping hair, running water down the back of his neck and soaking the collar of his t-shirt. Catching his reflection in the bathroom mirror he bit his lip as he realised just how obvious the marks where. Silently he wished he had hair as long as Gerard's, then he would have no Jamia problems. Closing his eyes for a minute he half heartedly rubbed his hair with a towel one last time and squared his shoulders. Lovers don't keep secrets - he would tell the guys, of course he would Frank reasoned, they were his brothers and Jamia was his fiancée, they deserved to know.
He paused for a second, just as his hand wrapped its self around the doorknob. Why would they want to know that he was...he trailed off and gulped as the shock came in tidal waves over his mind. He was a vampire, a monster...a freak. They had always joked about it, being vampires ever since Gerard had come up with the metaphor in Vampires Will Never Hurt You - but now he was one and there was no reversing it. He swallowed hard and swung the door opened, one hand hanging the towel up on the back of the door before he strode determinedly back to the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On the 22nd of May, 2004 the United Nations had made a decision that would change the world. It decreed that any one of slightly vampiric nature was to be excluded from society due to the risks that those people instigated onto the safety of the population. For centauries vampires had been an everyday part of the planet's life, living their lives in sync with the humans of the world but on the 13th of October several hundred bodies had been found in a pit in the woods. They were all relatively fresh and all had the cliché pinprick blooded marks on their necks. All had died of blood loss.
The nations panicked, governments were horrified and the vampires that then had been thought of as friends and family were outcasts, feared and despised. The world leaders never found out who exactly had caused the deaths - but they didn't care, all that they knew was the vampires were now a threat and they needed to be removed.
In the months that followed hundreds of vampires were murdered and the rest shipped to colonies far secluded from the world's population. With the decree came tests for traces of vampire's blood that were carried out on May 22nd every year on everyone. And that meant everyone. Anyone caught was sent away and never seen again and all because of one.


~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamia didn't need to see the marks or even glance at him to know something was wrong. He was walking too fast and he'd slammed the bathroom door too hard. Just the little things gave her all the information she needed to know.
Standing up she clicked the TV off and turned to look at him, where he stood, leaning up against the doorframe.
"Frank honey what's up?" She asked him quietly, the remote still in her hand. He was far too pale and he wasn't looking at her, his hand almost instinctively tracing the marks on his neck.
He bit his lip, metallic blood trickling into his mouth. "I..." He stopped and shut his eyes, when he opened them again he was looking straight at her "Jamia...I think..." Fuck this is going to sound so bad "I think I'm a vampire."
She blanched, her mouth open slightly as she gaped at him "What?" She exclaimed "But..." She stuttered. He just smiled sadly at her and removed his hand from his neck, revealing the two pinpricks of red against his pale skin.
She closed her eyes for a second "But they...they take you away." She whispered as it suddenly hit her what day it was tomorrow - the 22nd of May - spot check day. "They check everyone tomorrow Frankie..." Jamia whimpered.
He nodded slowly and stepped towards her, hesitantly wrapping his arms around her. "Yeah," He replied quietly "I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Sign up to rate and review this story