Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Perfect Sonnet

Chapter 12 Lover I Don't Have To Love

by previously_recorded 0 reviews

What really happened that caused Riku to fall so far into darkness? How long did Ansem really have control of Riku, and in the end will Sora be able to save him? Takes place during the game. Rikux ...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Riku, Sephiroth, Sora - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2005-09-18 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 5445 words

0Unrated
Perfect Sonnet

Chapter 12 Lover I Don't Have To Love


It was storming by the time he got back to the castle, which was sort fitting in his its own right. Every clap of thunder seemed to echo his foul mood perfectly. He was still sticky and disgusting from literally being inside the belly of the beast, and his shoulder ached from the knock he had taken from the heartless. The pain didn't even seem that intense though. No, it was almost completely drowned at by the pain in his shattered heart. Sora had claimed he loved him, and yet he had thrown him over so easily. He wasn't a bad person, and yet the brunette had treated him as if he was just some soulless monster.

Riku felt dead. His body seemed to be some lead based material that was almost impossible to move around, and all he wanted to do was collapse in his bed and try to forget that this horrid day had ever happened. Though he had to do something first, he had to wash all of the putrid substances that were covering him off his body before he could ever truly rest.

So with that thought in mind he headed towards the bath house that was located near the center of the castle. The water hopefully would work to calm him, and it might even help to ease the pain in his shoulder, and in his heart. He pushed open the door to the bath, and stepped inside. He was met with one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen in his life.

Sephiroth was sitting in the bath, just casually lounging in the water. His arms were around the edges, and his head was thrown back in relaxation. Now this is all beautiful in its own right, but the thing that made it absolutely breathtaking was the way the lightning would illuminate the bath house, practically making everything glow luminescent as it did so.

"You're back quite late. I was starting to get worried." Rain splattered the windows, making Sephiroth's voice rather hard to hear. Riku managed to catch the words anyways. Sephiroth was worried about him?...He turned his head to the side. Don't make him laugh, that would never happen. After all this was the same person who just haphazardly threw him through the portal a little while ago with no regards for his safety.

Sneering in disgust, Riku began to peel the ruined clothing off of himself, wrinkling his noise as the fabric was practically glued to his skin. "Yeah well not that you give a damn, but I ran into some trouble."

"Don't be such a baby Riku. I told you I had business to take care of." It was at this point that he really wished the bath would have been empty. He couldn't deal with Sephiroth's apathetic attitude right now.

He had stripped off his shoes, cloak, pants, and was now about to take off his shirt. "Oh you don't have to worry about me. If it bugs you so much I promise that I won't be such a..." He went to pull the shirt over his head, but such a move sent shooting spasms of pain down his shoulder, and he ended up crying out. As the scream ripped through his throat Riku fell down to his knees, whispering in a much more defeated tone the word. "baby."

Surprisingly Sephiroth seemed to be by him in an instance. He felt hands on his downcast face, but he was in too much pain at the moment to really care. "What happened to your arm brat?" If he was really bothering to pay attention he would have noticed the concerned tone in the man's usually emotionless voice, but he was feeling a little too dead at the moment to pick up on such things.

Riku pushed at his lover's chest, not wanting the cold man anywhere near him at the moment. "I just got into a fight with a heartless...Nothing for you to be concerned about." Another jolt of pain shot through him, and he slumped forward, collapsing onto his own legs.

His eyes were shut from the pain, but he felt Sephiroth's arm on his hurt shoulder. "It's dislocated...Now try not to bite your tongue." He was about to ask 'what?' but there was really no need because soon his mouth was filled with another scream as Sephiroth yanked on the hurt appendage, popping his shoulder back into place.

"You goddamn bastard!" He sat up, and pushed as far away as he could from the man, coming to sit right on the edge of the pool. "You did this to me, so you don't fucking get to touch me anymore!"

His shoulder still ached, but he managed to slip it over his head, and with that he practically jumped into the water. Riku had done it to avoid Sephiroth, but now that he was actually in the water he couldn't help but sigh in contentment. The warm liquid immediately seemed to relax every bone in his body, and even the aching in his shoulder began to lessen.

A splash could be heard from behind him, letting him know that Sephiroth had joined him in the bathing pool. Strong arms wrapped around his waist from behind, and Riku was pulled flush against that finely chiseled body. "Who did this to you?" He had been rather comforted by such an embrace, but now he couldn't stand that touch.

Pushing at the body, Riku did his best to shuck the arms off from around him, and turned to glare at his lover. "I already told you. A fucking heartless threw me up against a wall!" He didn't know why he was screaming, but the anger he felt for himself and Sora was sent towards Sephiroth.

"Riku heartless don't attack you." He sounded rather annoyed. "So how did you get in a battle with one?" So Sephiroth had noticed the heartless's unwilling desire to go anywhere near him. He practically scoffed to himself. Of course Sephiroth had noticed it. Hell, he probably knew everything about it, but was unwilling to share.

He rubbed at his temples, willing this day to just get over with. "I attacked it. I was helping Sora with..."

"Sora?" Sephiroth interrupted. The name was practically growled out, and Riku felt a tinge of fear go through him. For the first time he noticed how tense the man's shoulders seemed to be, and how strained his face was. Apparently he hadn't had that good of a day either, and he only seemed to be making it worse.

Riku suddenly felt hesitant about what to say to his lover. After all incurring the wrath of Sephiroth was never a good thing. "Yeah...He was in the whale you sent me to."

"What happened?" His voice was snipped, and seemed to be filled with barely controlled anger. As for Riku, he was decided how much information he should divulge. Sure he had told Sephiroth everything that might pop into his head about Sora before, but now it seemed different. There was blind furry burning in those glowing eyes, and he had a feeling that one slip up might send his temper spiraling for the worst.

He turned around, not being able to take that intense gaze anymore. "Not that it's any of your business, but nothing." He was pulled back against Sephiroth's body, and this time Riku's eyes rolled to the back of his head. One hand had settled on his chest, while the other had traveled much farther south.

His body responded almost immediately to the touch, and he felt himself harden in that hand as Sephiroth lightly teased his flesh. His breath was coming out in short gasps as Sephiroth turned his head to the side, doing his best to attack the exposed skin that left on his neck. The kisses traveled up his neck and to his ear, where everything promptly stopped. "You didn't fuck him then?" Riku cried out as his member was harshly squeezed, sending waves of both pain and pleasure shooting up his spine. "Or rather, he didn't touch you?"

Lips were on his as Sephiroth greedily drank him in. It wasn't like any other kiss they had shared before. Where most of them were generally unfeeling, this one was full of jealousy and possession. Did that mean he cared? Did that mean that he wanted him all to himself? Riku barely had the chance to kiss back when Sephiroth pulled away.

His eyes were scanning his own for something, and it took a few seconds for Riku to realize he was waiting for an answer. "I didn't...we didn't...all we did was kiss." His lips were pulled back, and this time the kiss was much more harsh.

"Don't" Sephiroth pulled away for a moment. "Ever" He gave another kiss. "Think." Their mouths connected again, and when he pulled away he stroke Riku's now wet hair. "That you can be with him again." He would have responded to such an outrages comment, but that hand on his groin had once more began to move. Riku's eyes shut as he pushed farther back against his lover, bucking to meet every one of his thrusts. He could feel himself getting close, and probably would have cum right then, had Sephiroth not pressed into him unprepared from behind.

Riku cried out when his lover entered him, but his cry was soon swallowed as Sephiroth pulled him back towards his mouth. The pain began to subside, only to be replaced with pleasure as he began to move inside him while simultaneously continuing to stroke his member.

The teenager's arms fell forward, falling against the side of the pool for leverage. "Seph...Sephiroth!" He panted as his lover quickened his pace. "I think...I think..."

Whatever it was he thought was overridden by Sephiroth's own deeply possessive voice. "You're only mine Riku...I won't share you with anyone." Riku pressed back against the body, as he felt himself complete. Sephiroth came at the same time, whispering "mine" in his ear as he did so.

Sephiroth pulled out of him, leaving Riku to collapse forward onto the stone. Soiled water lapped at his body as he tried to slow his heart after such an excursion. That earlier thought came back to him, and he turned around, burying his head in his lover's shoulder. "I think I love you Seph...I think I love you."

He hugged the man's waist, not knowing what had possessed him to say such a thing. Sephiroth didn't say anything, as a matter of fact he didn't even give the slightest inclination that he had even heard him. Did he really expect him to respond though? It's not as if after his confession Sephiroth was going to wrap his arms around him and tell him that he loved him too.

Even though he didn't say the words, Sephiroth did actually wrap him in his arms. Laying a kiss on the top of his head, the man pushed him towards the stairs. "Let's get you dried off." With a small nod Riku complied, walking still wrapped in his lover's arms towards the pile of fluffy towels.

A thick cotton robe was wrapped around his body, while one of the towels worked on drying his head. "Are you tired?" He was tired, so he nodded to the question, but more than that he just felt deflated. He did love Sephiroth. In fact he had loved him for awhile, but had worked diligently in killing the part of his heart that told him he did. Now that it was out though, he almost wished that he would never have said anything at all. Sephiroth obviously didn't love him back. Hell he probably didn't even care about him, except on that scary possessive level he had just shown.

Riku sunk to his knees, crawling over to the large pile of towels in the corner. With tired limbs he spread them across the floor. He crawled on top of them, and lay down, not caring that only a little bit away his bed would have been much more comfortable. This would be his haven for the night. Riku curled up on his side, back still to Sephiroth, and if his lover would have been looking he would have seen a small innocent tear roll down the teenager's cheek. He didn't know if it was from sadness, anger, or the overwhelming day he had just had, but Riku wiped at his eyes, bound and determined not to let the other see.

He had to admit he was a little surprised to feel a body settle against his back, and he was even more surprised when that body pulled his to cradle against it. Arms wrapped across his chest and waist, and Riku had to admit it felt really good just to be held like that. "Sephiroth?"

At first he didn't even think he was going to answer, but then a soft "Hmm?" reverberated off his earlobe.

"Can you just forget what I said earlier?...About loving you I mean." The body behind him slightly stiffened, but Riku continued nonetheless. "I don't want you to feel like you owe me anything...Me and my childish sentiments."

Riku sighed in contentment when Sephiroth's face snuggled into his neck, laying a quick kiss on his cheek. "Go to sleep Riku. We'll talk more when you get up." He felt himself nod, but that's really all he remembered doing, because pretty soon his body obeyed Sephiroth, and he slipped into a deep sleep.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What was the matter with him? Riku thought he had childish sentiments? The brat had no idea what was going on inside his heart. He asked him to forget about the declaration of love...as if that could ever happen. Sephiroth removed himself from his sleeping lover, rolling over to lie on his back. He hadn't wanted to make Riku feel like that, but the truth of the matter was is that he wasn't the only one that was starting to feel. He had told himself he wouldn't, and he thought that he had remained uncaring, but when Riku mentioned seeing Sora something in him just snapped. The thought of that bouncy brunette's hands on his brat...The thought made his skin crawl. Sephiroth gritted his teeth in frustration. What the hell was happening to him.

He couldn't think of this right now though. Now he had much more important business to take care of. "I know you're there cousin." He said seemingly to himself, but then his lover's once asleep shoulders began shaking with laughter. This was definitely not going to be a fun little talk.

The body next to his stirred, and after sitting up Sephiroth saw that Riku's eyes were replaced by the amber orbs of Ansem. So he was getting more control now? He had never had the ability to replace features before. That was interesting to say the least...very interesting indeed.

"You'll have to forgive me Seph...It's just a was a slow riser this time due to the soreness throughout my body." His smirk widened. "and I'm not just talking about my shoulder."

"It's not your shoulder." Where did that come from? Why the hell was he being so defensive all of a sudden anyways?

Ansem raised an eyebrow, giving him a devious grin. Truthfully the look just seemed unnatural on the normally sarcastic brat's face. "Oh that's right...It's the one you love's shoulder. Your precious Riku."

Sephiroth snarled, the bastard was getting too close for comfort. "I don't love him." He bit out through clenched teeth. This conversation was not going as he had planned it.

Ansem ran a hand through Riku's hair, and to his immense annoyance traced his other down the teenager's exposed chest, stopping right above where the robe was tied. "Your eyes tell me different cousin, and your eyes never lie."

A hand shot out to wrap around that scrawny neck of Ansem's, but when he realized who it was he would really be choking it promptly released. This only made Ansem's smirk grow as he glanced away. "I don't love him." He wasn't sure who he was trying to convince with that statement, but it was out there nonetheless. "There is someone I love, and Riku doesn't even compare to him."

"Right...Right..." As Ansem was saying that he leaned back onto the pile of towels that had spread out for their bed. This was all fine in its own right, but the thing that got to Sephiroth was how he kept tracing patterns on Riku's chest, and has those bony fingers kept creeping lower and lower.

He immediately turned from the scene. "Stop that." He received another laugh.

"Stop what?...Am I getting to you little cousin? Do you want to fuck this body right here and now?" Sephiroth's hand clenched at his sides. He always hated the fact that Ansem seemed to always be able to see right through him. But just because he had seen through him, didn't mean he had to let him know that.

He glared at the man. "Of course not Ansem. It's just I think it's rather unfair for you to molest my lover when he's not even awake to fight back."

"I think you're lying Sephiroth, and I can prove it." Sephiroth turned to ask him just how he was going to do that, but the words got caught in his throat. The hand that had been playing at the tie of the robe finally breached it's limits and pushed all the way down, causing Ansem to moan...Though that wasn't quite right, it wasn't Ansem moaning...it was Riku. Usually Ansem took on his own voice when he took control, but that was so obviously Riku's that he was having a hard time figuring out if his lover hadn't taken back over his body. "Seph...Sephiroth!" He screamed out in pleasure in a very Riku voice. "I want you...I love you...Take me now!"

There's only so much a person can take, and that right there was certainly beyond Sephiroth's limits. He rolled over on top of the squirming teenage body, hand going down to join with his own. "Stop this." He halted the movements, but he had to say that he was tempted to get it to start again. Just the feel of Riku's hardened skin under his got him semi-aroused, but he held fast. "Don't touch him like that."

Amber eyes snapped open to meet his, and he could anger in their depths. "He belongs to me Sephiroth. I can do whatever I want with him."

Sephiroth pulled his hand out of Riku's robe, dragging Ansem's with his as he went. "Not that."

"I have before, and he enjoyed it. I can promise you that much." Anger and jealousy boiled in his stomach, and he tried his hardest to get them to settle back down.

He got off of Ansem, going to sit right beside him. He hadn't wanted to react like this. There was a point he been wanting to make, and it was time he made it. "I don't care about before. You won't touch him anymore." Sephiroth turned his death stare on Ansem. "He's not yours...Not anymore. Find another body to inhabit."

"Find another body?" Ansem asked, as if the notion was completely unfathomable. "You've got to be joking. I've had this body picked out for a good two years." His teeth clenched. "He's been mine for the past two years. Ever since I found him in that cave and erased his memories."

Sephiroth's eyes narrowed. "You were the one that erased his memories?" Ansem sneered in response.

"Yes, I erased his memories. I made it so it would be easy to slip into his mind. I made his spirit weak, and his body strong. I built this temple of mine, and I intend to live in it." His voice rose. "Do not ask me to give him up Sephiroth, because that is something that I cannot do!"

"Neither can I!" His voice had risen to the point that he practically screaming now. "I don't want to, but I find myself caring for him. I find myself..." He was going to say 'in love with him' but he bit his tongue before he could make that mistake. Instead he just glared at Ansem. "The point is I don't want to loose him."

Ansem seemed to consider his statement for a moment, but only a moment, before retaliating. "Well too fucking bad. He's not yours. He will never be yours. His body belongs to me, and despite his little confession, I can assure you his heart belongs to Sora. I suggest that you start getting over this little crush of yours and accept than in a few weeks time his soul will be sucked right out of this body." He gritted his teeth. "You said you loved Cloud, than love Cloud, and forget Riku ever existed. Sora's turned against him, and so I don't need your help anymore with distracting him." Ansem reached out and grabbed his chin. "I mean it Sephiroth...Forget about Riku. He's beyond being saved." Beyond being saved? Was that really the truth?
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Riku actually woke with a smile on his face, something that hadn't happened in quite a long time. Well he not so much woke up smiling, but started smiling to what he woke up to. He was back in his bed, and Sephiroth was holding him. He was nestled in the crook of his lover's shoulder with his forehead laying against Sephiroth's cheek. Not only that, but Sephiroth's one wing was wrapped around his body as an almost blanket of protectiveness. The man was already awake, and seemed to be just staring off into space.

"Mmm" Riku snuggled deeper. "How long have you been awake?" Sephiroth didn't even show the slightest surprise that he was awake. He just continued to stare off into the distance.

"I didn't go to sleep." Well that was strange, but it had yet to ruin Riku's good mood.

"So what you just carried me here and have been holding me all night?" It was kind of sweet in its own way.

"Pretty much." An arm pulled him closer, making comforting circles on the small of his back.

A sigh escaped him, and his own hands traveled to that well toned chest, massaging the muscles there. His lips met where his hands left off, and soon he was kissing a trail down Sephiroth's stomach. He had actually just made it to the clasp on Sephiroth's leather pants when he was abruptly pulled away. "Don't do that."

Throwing him over, Sephiroth got off of the bed entirely. He loved him, he'd admit that much, but the man could send really mixed signals when he wanted to. "What's the matter? Are you not up for it or something?" He said it teasingly, but when Sephiroth turned to face him he had apparently not gotten the joke.

"I'm leaving." Oh, was that all? Riku had grown used to this. Sephiroth would disappear for a few days, never telling him where he went, and when he came back he would for some reason always be horny as hell.

Riku rolled over onto his stomach, letting the blankets pool around his knees as he absentmindedly swung them. "Fine...How long are you gonna be gone this time?" Sephiroth turned away from him, going instead to grab his jacket and sword.

"Forever." Riku's legs stopped swinging. That had definitely been unexpected.

"What!? What do you mean forever?...Like forever forever?" There was panic in his voice that echoed exactly what he was feeling in his heart.

Sephiroth didn't even turn back to look at him when he answered. "Yes. You see I find I can't stand the sight of you anymore." He did turn this time, giving him the coldest look possible. "Your very presence sickens me."

How could this possible? Riku's breath was coming out in short gasps as he tried to wrap his mind around the concept? This couldn't be happening...They had been fine just last night. Or as fine as him and Sephiroth could ever be. His eyes felt like they were permanently widened to saucers, and yet a few stray tears rolled unnoticed down them anyways. "Why?" He heard someone ask, and it was only after a moment he realized it was his own sadly pathetic voice.

The pale haired man walked towards the door. "I don't think I really need to give you a reason on why I detest you...I just do." He walked past the door frame, pausing to give him one last look. "Good-bye Outlander, may our paths never cross again."

He was really going to leave. Sephiroth was really going to leave. He had to stop him...He had to do something! Panicked, all Riku could do was jump off the bed and run towards his retreating lover, screaming "No!" as he did so. He grabbed onto the leather material of Sephiroth's coat, refusing to let him just walk out of his life like this, especially when he had no idea why. "Please...You can't leave me. I know you hate me, but please don't leave me." His head fell against the leather as he cried into Sephiroth's still unturned back. "You don't have to love me...You don't have to even like me...But I'm begging you not to leave me here all alone."

"Trust me when I tell you outlander that it would be better for everyone if I did." Sephiroth moved to pull away, but Riku once more grabbed him.

"No..." He hiccupped. For the life of him he couldn't understand why this was happening. "Why does everybody want to leave me? My parents could never stand the sight of me...Sora hates me...and now you, who I've grown to love more than any of them, wants to abandon me as well." He sobbed. "Is there something wrong with me?...Am I defective?" His knees gave way beneath him, and he ended up falling to the ground, Sephiroth's long coat still clutched in his shaking fingers. "Why is it that no one ever loves me?"

It was in that moment, at the time when he had finally given up all hope and just let the despair take him, that something rather strange happened. A pain like nothing he had ever felt before ripped through his head. It was like his brains were threatening to push their way outside. A scream tore through his lungs as he made a grab for his head, writhing in pain on the floor. Memories flooded through him, all of his memories. Well not all of them. This moving picture in his head just seemed to consist of all the worst. He could hear screaming piercing through the room, and it was only after his throat felt on fire that he realized they were his own. What was happening to him? Why did it feel like he was loosing control of his own body? Why did it feel like his soul was being ripped out?

Then it just so happened that something even stranger seemed to arise. As he twisting in misery, warm hands stilled his movements, and even though his head hurt too bad for his eyes to really see, he felt warm lips covering his own. He wanted to cry out in joy as with the kiss the pain in his head slowly started to dissipate, and the feeling of being ripped in two started to fade altogether. That is until the lips pulled away, and then the pain came back ten fold. His vocal cords felt like they were going to be ripped apart he screamed so loud. It was like he was undergoing ultimate suffering, and he would die if he had to go through anymore.

Those lips covered his again, and the pain lessened, but didn't stop entirely. Hands were on each side of his head, as he grounded himself on the cold stone floor. When the lips pulled away, the pain didn't come back like before, but there was still a strong throbbing throughout his head. A faint whimpering sound escaped him, and chanced a glance upwards to look at his savior, his god...Sephiroth.

His eyes felt heavy, and the pain seemed to be coming back as they swirled around the room. That is until insistent hands tugged at his head, forcing him to look upwards. Concerned green eyes were staring down at him, trying to catch his own fading ones. "You stay right here with me you brat...I didn't give you permission to give up yet."

"What's happening to me?" His voice was soft and very hoarse from all the screaming, but Sephiroth seemed to hear him. Hands stroked at his now sweat covered forehead, as if trying to lessen the pain with his touch.

"You need to get up and get your clothes on Riku. We're going somewhere to get you help." He didn't move. Not from lack of trying, but his body simply refused to budge an inch. Everything on him killed, and his headache was starting to come back. What was happening to him?

He felt groggy, and the more he tried to follow Sephiroth's command, the more he knew he couldn't. "I can't move." A pained gasp escaped him when his body was hoisted up, as Sephiroth carried him over to their bed.

When he laid him down Sephiroth walked over to the night stand. He grabbed a paper and ink and scribbled something down, then placed his hand over the paper and the darkness seeped through his hand making the note disappear. "What are you doing?"

His small voice seemed to startle Sephiroth, because he spun around quickly after being addressed. "I was sending a message for someone to meet us. It's the only way to communicate between worlds." He walked over to the closet, grabbing a jeans and a black hoody. "Now let's get you dressed so we can be out of here."

Riku didn't protest when Sephiroth slipped the robe over his unmoving shoulders, but did wonder. "Why are you helping me?" He swallowed heavily, trying not to wince at the pain. "I thought you said you wanted to leave."

His body was pulled up, as the sweatshirt was slipped over his head, and when his face came back into view, Sephiroth placed a small kiss on mouth. "And I thought you said you wanted me to stay."

He groaned as his back once more hit the mattress, and his boxers and pants were slipped on. His shoes and socks were also placed on his feet before Sephiroth pulled him back up into a sitting position. "We're going now alright." While still keeping one arm around Riku, Sephiroth used the other to make a portal.

"Where does that lead?" Sephiroth stood up, pulling Riku with him. This in itself wasn't the easiest thing to accomplish, because he found that he was too weak to stand on his own two feet. He slumped back against his lover's body, letting himself be supported by the man.

Sephiroth didn't seem to mind though. He stepped towards the swirling portal, supporting Riku's clumsy walking as he did. "To a festival outlander." A kiss was placed on top of his head. "We're going to a Halloween festival." Now Riku had no idea what that meant, but he let himself be led into the portal regardless. As they both stepped through he couldn't help but feel that a festival, for the most part, didn't seem all that bad.
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,


A.N- Omg that chapter was so sweet...well kinda...if you're into that kind of sweetness. But here's what I was thinking, and I wanted to ask your guy's opinion on it, because well you're the one that reads it. I was thinking about changing the main pairing in this story from Riku/Sora to Sephiroth/Riku, because originally I wasn't that big of a fan, but now after writing it I look adore that pairing. So what do you think? Should I? I love them together though, and I love writing Sephiroth in his semi-nice moments, even though his not so nice moments are fun to write as well. Okay well that's about all I have to say, be sure to review if you want to make the author happy. Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story