Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Perfect Sonnet

Chapter 11 Final Failure

by previously_recorded 0 reviews

What really happened that caused Riku to fall so far into darkness? How long did Ansem really have control of Riku, and in the end will Sora be able to save him? Takes place during the game. Rikux ...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Riku, Sephiroth, Sora - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2005-09-02 - Updated: 2005-09-03 - 6416 words

0Unrated
Perfect Sonnet

Chapter 11 Final Failure

But as for me I'm coming to my final failure

I've killed myself with changes trying to make things better

But I ended up becoming something other than what I had planned to be



Well that just sucked! How could he just throw him through a portal like that? Did he not think he had any feelings whatsoever? Riku scoffed to himself...It was Sephiroth, the bastard probably didn't give a shit either way. He had said he had wanted him out of his hair, and he had gotten him out of his hair. To him it was probably as simple as that. This of course didn't make him any less pissed about it. Especially since where he landed seemed to be somewhat alive.

No kidding, if he didn't know any better he would have thought he landed on some kind of body part or something. Riku pushed himself up by placing both of his hands underneath himself, and in doing so realized that he had in fact landed on something squishy, and very much alive. To tell you the truth it kind of looked and felt like a...tongue.

Riku picked himself up, doing the best he could in wiping all the saliva off of his clothes that he could...It really wasn't going well though. Who the hell would make a world inside a mouth anyways? You know what, however disgusting this might be, he wasn't even really mad about it. What he was mad at was the fact that Sephiroth had sent him to such a world. What the hell was wrong with him? If he didn't like sleeping with Sephiroth so much he would say that they were so over, but then again those nightly occurrences were much too addicting to throw out over such small a thing.

His thoughts were put on pause as he heard a terrible gurgling sound come from whatever was he was in's esophagus. The ground (if you can call it that) starting to shake, and the boy practically lost his footing. He had no idea what was happening, but he could hazard a guess that it definitely wasn't good.

The tongue started to shake, and with widened eyes Riku watched as what appeared to be teeth slowly started to open up. Was it opening its mouth? Now he isn't too proud to say that when his suspicions were confirmed about that mouth opening a fraction, letting water and all sorts of small animals seep in, that he didn't scream like a girl. Oh yeah, there was definitely a girly scream emitting through the air as the water knocked him over and washed him down the creature's throat.

Doing his best to hold his breath the entire time, Riku was washed down the throat of what he had come to conclude was some sort of whale...A whale of considerable magnitude...The thing was huge! After what felt like ages to his sore lungs, he was thrown out of the tissue tubing, and flung face first into what had to be the contents of his stomach.

"Oh this is just great!" Riku swam in what had to be the most vile substance imaginable to what looked to be some sort of wooden shore. It seemed like the remnants of a ship, and seeing as huge the thing was, he really wouldn't put it past it to swallow a ship entirely. His lip curled in disgust as he tried to get as much of the liquid off him as possible, but he was pretty sure it would be there for life. What had he done to deserve this? Riku vowed here and now that if he ever saw that little bastard again he was going to kill him.

He was brought out of his murderous thoughts by a hand being laid on his shoulder, and honest to God he must have jumped fifteen feet. "Excuse me lad, what are you doing here?"

The hairs on the back of his neck (the ones that weren't soaked down by saliva anyways) were standing on end as he turned around to see who was there. He had to say it was a little bit of a shock to his already shocked system to see some kooky old man standing there with his cat.

What the hell was some old guy doing here? There was no way someone could actually live in this thing, right? The geezer was staring at him, and Riku realized that he had just been asked a question. "Oh...I'm just visiting. I hear this place is great for a summer home."

The man didn't look in the least bit amused. To tell you the truth Riku thought he might have been kind of senile. "Young man what are you talking about? You know you're in the belly of Monstro, don't you?"

Monstro...So that was the little bastard that had practically eaten him's name. He swore that if he ever got out of this stomach that he was going to gut the little fucker like the oversized fish that he was, or at least have Sephiroth do it for him. Because seriously have you seen that sword?...That thing can cut through anything.

Rather than explain why he was actually there, Riku went for the other approach. "That doesn't really matter...Why are you here?"

This seemed to at least get him off his back. He knew it probably would, crazy people like that always like to talk for an hour. And sure enough the geezer went into this big spill about how he had gone looking for his son, who happened to be a puppet by the way, anyways he went looking for this 'son' and Monstro had swallowed him up. Truthfully he thought the guy was nuts, but he kept listening just for the hell of it. Because really what the hell else did he have to do? So the geezer got swallowed, but then apparently somebody brought his son to him, and then Pinnochio ran into the throat, and Sora ran to go find him. Riku paused...Wait did he just say?

"Did you say Sora!?" The old man paused, and then gave this really creepy goofy smile.

"Oh yes, such a nice young man that one is. He has such good manners. He went in there after my boy without even being asked...What a nice young man." Nice young man?...Sure sounded like some dumb charitable thing that Sora just had to do. This of course didn't make Riku feel any better about it. So Sora was here? Right through that throat as a matter of fact. Without realizing it his legs had already begun to lead him towards that dark passageway. He was going to see Sora again...The bottom had officially dropped out of his stomach.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


Sephiroth barely had time enough to react to Cloud soaring from on top of the roof to strike down against him. He whipped out his sword to stop the blond's buster sword from splitting his skull into two pieces. The strange thing was is that the large sword seemed to be wrapped in bandages. What bandages would be doing on a sword was really beyond him, but it really wasn't on his top list of priorities to think about.

Using some of his dark energy, Sephiroth flung Cloud backwards. The blond had to actually dig his sword into the ground to stop from flying into the wall behind him. "Oh what pumpkin, do we not even kiss hello anymore?"

Cloud's blue eyes seemed to radiate a blue haze from his anger. He charged once again, trying to hack Sephiroth down. "You bastard!" He hacked again and again, obviously trying to wear his smaller weapon down with his much larger one, but apparently during his absence Cloud had forgotten that the masamune was magical and couldn't be broken. "How dare you." He braved a slice upwards, leaving himself completely open. "How dare you say such things to me!" Sephiroth took advantage of the opening his opponent had foolishly given him, and sliced across his chest. The battle was over, there was no way Cloud could move after a wound like that.

Sure enough as soon as the blood started to spray, the blond took a knee, trying his hardest to catch his breath. Sephiroth calmly walked around his defeated foe, calculating just what he had gone through since they had last seen each other. "You should have known a move like that was pointless against me Cloud...You've grown sloppy in the time we've been apart." He leaned down on his knee in front of that panting face, taking his chin in one hand. "Pity...You were my most prominent student." He got back up, sheathing his weapon as he did so. "It's too bad you were such a disappointment." He took a bottle out of his jacket and tossed it at the blond. "Now be a good boy and heal yourself. I didn't come all the way here just to kill you right away."

After drinking down the potion, Sephiroth watched in mild fascination as the slash across the blond's chest all but disappeared. "Why did you come here Sephiroth?" His eyes narrowed in suspicion. "And for that matter how'd you find me? It's not like I was parading my identity around or anything."

Sighing, Sephiroth leaned against the building that led to some sort of alleyway. "I would have thought you knew by now that I can always find you, because you belong to me in every aspect of the word. Your life...your love..." He looked into those piercing blue eyes. "and your death."

Cloud had yet to bother getting up from the ground. He looked too morose to even bother giving it a shot. "So you came here to kill me then?" The weird thing was when he heard that he almost sounded happy. What had happened to the buoyant little puppy he remembered?

"No." Blue eyes widened. "I only said that I could if I so wished it. But I don't think I want to kill you just yet." Cloud did push himself up then, although he looked quite solemn about doing so.

"Gee, you're so generous." Damn, he sounded like Riku. Sephiroth rolled his eyes. Why was it that he was thinking about that brat now? The little brat was so annoying that he seemed to engrave his presence wherever he went.

As Cloud moved to lean next to him on the wall Sephiroth couldn't help but give him a cold look, though for the life of him he couldn't understand why. "Don't talk like that...You remind me of someone when you do."

"Me being sarcastic reminds you of someone?" The strange thing is he looked almost hurt. "How close are you to this person that such a simple thing could remind you of them?"

It was Sephiroth's turn to glare. "What do you care how close I am to them?" Cloud met his cold stare, and added one of his own that could send the bravest running. He was always good at stuff like that.

"What do you care if I ask?" It was a legitimate question. What did he care is he asked? Why was it that he was getting so defensive on such a subject anyways? It's not like he even cared about the burden that was placed on him or anything, so why then this rotten feeling in his gut?

He always found that when you get in to deep in a conversation like this that the best thing you can do is end it before it gets too bad. "Listen Cloud Riku has nothing to do with what I'm here for, so why don't you drop it."

Damn, he hadn't wanted to tell Cloud the little bastard's name. This could only lead to more problems, especially since the blond looked completely surprised to hear that name...It almost seemed like he knew it. Though he would have to say that was highly unlikely, after all since traveling from his own world Riku had led a very sheltered life.

"Riku!? As in Sora's boyfriend Riku?...You know where he is?" Well that explained why he knew the name at least. This of course didn't make the stabs of jealousy go away any. No, he couldn't be getting jealous. Riku didn't belong to him, Riku belonged to his cousin. The only thing he was doing was babysitting him until he got enough power. The one he loved was leaning on the wall right next to him, so these rotten feelings were completely uncalled for. Still...He didn't like it when Cloud referred to him as Sora's boyfriend.

"No...That Sora boy rejected him last time they talked." What did this matter? Why did he feel the need to say such a thing.

"Yeah, and he's been going insane looking for him since." Sephiroth turned back to Cloud. "You should see it, every time Sora comes back to Traverse Town that's all he ever talks about. Apparently he got totally freaked when Riku told him he remembered about something...I'm not sure what...But anyways he's been missing ever since, and that's literally all Sora ever talks about." He was pissed about this whole conversation, but at least the blond sounded mildly excited. When he first got here he had thought that he had been totally consumed by anger, at least this proved he could feel another emotion. "So where is he? I know the kid love to know."

There were about a million thing he could have said, but what he went with was, "Riku's Maleficent's new little pet. So he'll probably be found at our old home world if I had to guess." So he probably didn't need to completely rat Riku out, but he was still thinking of his and Ansem's arrangement, and figured that this was probably the best way to keep the teenager away from Sora.

He had to admit he was took by surprise when Cloud grabbed the masumune from his sheath, bringing straight up to his neck. He always had been the only one capable of his handling his sword...That really wasn't the point though. Cloud's eyes were glowing with malice again, and his teeth were bared in a snarl. "You're still working with Maleficent? After she destroyed our world!?"

"You really don't understand anything, do you?" With lightning quick reflexes Sephiroth grabbed his sword by the blade, and used that momentum to push Cloud away from him. He ignored the pain in his now bleeding hand as he walked over to where the blond was sprawled in the drain way. "I'm sure you'll learn about what really happened to our world soon enough, and I work with Maleficent because she's convenient to me. She gives me anything I want...Including information and power."

Cloud actually had the audacity to scoff at that. "You always were such a power hungry bastard. You'll stoop to any level to further yourself...You disgust me." Well, now he couldn't just have him say that about him, now could he?

Sephiroth leaned down into the gutter where the blond was currently sprawled out in. Placing a hand on either side of his blond spikes, he practically got on top of him. "Oh do I?" A half smirk formed on his face when he saw the shiver go up Cloud's spine. Bracing himself on one arm, he used the other to wipe some of the wet hair out of the blond's face. "It wasn't always so though...Once you loved me."

Cloud turned his head away, obviously to hide the hurt on his face, but he still couldn't hide the angry tear that slipped down his face from Sephiroth. "I did...But that was before you joined that witch in destroying our world." He did look back at him, and as he did their noses slightly brushed together. "That was before you chose your own personal gain over me." His looked so vulnerable, just lying there underneath him, and Sephiroth wanted to do nothing more than lean down and capture that awaiting mouth with his own. That is until Cloud spit in his eye. With clenched fists Sephiroth wiped the putrid liquid from his face. Cloud didn't look vulnerable anymore, now he just looked spiteful. "Now though you make me want to puke!"

Not wanting to get spat at again, Sephiroth got off from atop the blond. "Do you want me to leave then Cloud? Would that make you happy?" Cloud bit his lip, a habit he recognized from back when they were together. He used it when he was lying.

"Yes. I want you to leave and never return." Knowing that his ex-lover was much too upset at the moment to continue on with this conversation, he did a mock bow.

"As you wish my love." That actually got his face to soften once again. "But I promise you I will be back...and when I return we will finish this once and for all." With one last look at his small blond lover, he created a portal that would take him back to the castle. All in all, this had been a pretty shitty day that he'd rather not remember.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


Riku nervously walked into the throat of the whale, seriously trying to figure out how he had gotten himself into this position. It wasn't bad enough that he had to be stuck inside a whale, but no, he had to be stuck inside a whale with Sora in it. What the hell was Sora doing in a place like this anyways?

This had to be the worst place he had ever been in, not that of course he had been in many places, but this one was definitely the worst. He didn't even know if it could get worse...Yeah he had to say that the epitome of badness had to be when you were stuck in the bowels of a whale.

"Hey mister who are you?" Riku's head shot over at the dopey voice, and his eyes widened a little at what he saw. As a matter of fact he had to kind of wipe at his eyes to check if his vision was alright, because it almost looked like a puppet was talking to him. That was of course when he remembered how the old geezer had told him that he had a son that was a puppet. Of course at the time he had thought he was only senile or something, but apparently he really had a puppet boy.

"Riku." The puppet walked up to him, he thought he heard the old man call it Pinnochio or something, well anyways Pinnochio walked up to him, obviously trying to examine him to the most pristine detail.

It was really ridiculous to see a big hunk of wood's nose scrunched up in confusion, and he was really starting to wonder what the hell he was staring at, but that soon became only too clear. "You look really weird mister...How come your hair's so funny?"

Oh this was great. He was now getting told he looked weird by a talking puppet. "I don't need to hear that coming from you." He thought back to something the old man had said. "By the way, do you know Sora?"

It was a legitimate question, and he thought Pinnochio might have given him a legitimate answer, but it didn't really matter either way because the question seemed to answer itself.

The familiar silhouette of the object of his affections began to walk through one of the many passageways of the creature's throat, and whether or not the puppet knew him was kind of pointless. "What are you doing? Come on let's go back." He hadn't caught sight of him yet.

"Gepetto's awfully worried about you you know." The damn dog thing that was traveling with him before was with him again, and that stupid duck. Why he continued to travel with those things was really beyond him.

"Come on this in no time for games." Sora started to leave...He was about to walk out of his life yet again. He couldn't let that happen. He had to do something.

Not really knowing why he said it, Riku stepped forward and willed his voice to stop Sora's retreat. "But, Sora, I thought you liked games?" Seriously the shocked look on the brunette's face was priceless...He looked like a fish...He really did. Feeling his normal assholish self, Riku felt the need to also add. "Or are you too cool to play them now that you have the keyblade." He said it suave as hell to. You know as if you could even be suave inside the belly of a whale while covered in saliva and god knows what else.

"Riku! Wh-What are you doing here?" That's what he loved about Sora, the fact that sometimes he could look excited as a little kid at a carnival. He really looked like he was going to piss himself from excitement...It was adorable. And okay he'll admit, it did sort of swell his ego at that happy look he received from the brunette once he caught sight of him. It almost made the whole getting dropped in side a whale thing worth it...almost. He was still certain that, whatever the outcome might be, he was still going to kill Sephiroth later.

It just occurred to him that Sora had asked him a question, and as to that question he had no idea what he was supposed to say. It's not as if he could say 'because the guy that I'm fucking wanted me out of the way, so he sent me to this god awful place' now could he? Looking around at all available options, his gaze finally landed on the puppet boy. "Just playing with Pinnochio." Fuck, now it sounded like he wanted to molest the thing or something.

"You know what I mean! What about Kairi? Did you find her?" Riku's features immediately darkened. It always had to come back to that little bitch didn't it? Any playfulness he had once felt faded at those words.

"Fuck you." Putting one foot behind the other, he stepped through one of the passageways...He just couldn't face that right now. Faintly he though he heard Sora tell his stupid companions to watch the damn puppet, but he was much too depressed at the moment to give a damn. Why had he gotten his hopes up like this? Didn't this happen last time as well?

"Riku!" Damn, he followed him. Maybe if he ignored him he would just go away. Going on that mentality Riku continued to walk amiously down the passageway, refusing to look back at the brunette that was running after him. "Riku!" The voice was getting more insistent, and yet he still refused to turn around. In fact it wasn't until a hand wrapped securely around his wrist that he even stopped walking.

Swallowing hard, the silver haired boy tried to force words out of his mouth, but suddenly his throat felt much to dry. "What is it?" It hurt just to talk, and that one little place where Sora's hand touched his wrist felt like it was burning. He was seriously considering pulling away if he thought he had the strength to.

"What do you mean what is it?" Sora sounded upset, but he still didn't turn around. He didn't think he could look into those smoldering blue eyes at the moment without losing it. "I don't see you for I don't know how many weeks, and when I do you say something like that to me?" It's weird...Sora almost sounded concerned, but it most likely wasn't for him. He probably just wanted to know where Kairi was. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" His wrist was yanked so hard that it made him whirl all the way around to stare into Sora's angered face.

He couldn't stand looking at such a face. All he really wanted to do right now was leave...He had to find a way to get out of there. "I don't know where she is." He had thought he had been clear, but at the confused expression he received he decided to clarify. "Kairi...I don't know where she is." He tried to yank his wrist away, but Sora could have a good grip when he really wanted to. "That's what you wanted to know, isn't it?"

Sora's face immediately softened from it's angry form. "What?...Of course I wanted to know where she was, but I also wanted to..." He paused. Truthfully Riku was actually really listening to what he was saying, and he just kind of stopped like that. The pause didn't last long though, well it did kind of last long, but it was replaced with a much more physical answer. A tear slipped down the brunette's face as he yanked on Riku's arm again, pulling him into an awkward embrace. "I was so worried about you...after what I said to you." The grip on him tightened. "Oh Riku I didn't mean anything I said before...I just got so scared when you said that. I didn't want to start loving you again and once more have you forget me."

Riku stood there stunned, letting everything he had just heard sink in. It was almost too much for his system to handle, as a matter of fact it was too much for his system to handle. His legs turned to jelly and gave way right under him, leaving him to fall backwards onto his ass with Sora sprawled out on his lap.

Worried blue eyes met his own aqua ones. "Are you alright?" Riku gave a small delirious smile, reaching out to ruffle Sora's spikes like he had done so many times back on Destiny Islands.

"Yeah...I'm fine. This is just coming to me as quite a shock is all." Not really being able to take even sitting up anymore, Riku fell the rest of the way back, letting his back hit the tissuey substance he was now lying on. Sora fell with him, snuggling up rather close on his side so that he could comfortably lay his head on his shoulder. "So those memories of us on the beach...me teaching you how to kiss...the cave...they were all real?"

A smile came to his face when he could feel Sora's grin on his neck. "Yep...Those and many more." The brunette sat up, a huge grin cracking his features. "Are relationship was nothing if not voluptuous."

Now that actually made him laugh. "Voluptuous? My my Sora where do you learn such big words?" He teased. His playful mood that had previously been distinguished was reignited now that he felt so insanely happy.

Sora play punched him on the arm, although that play punch kind of hurt like a bitch. "You brat! I'm not as stupid as you think I am...and here I was trying to be all sexy for you."

He laughed again, he couldn't help it, Sora was just way too cute not to laugh at. "Since when do I find bookworms sexy?" At the hurt pouty look on the brunette's face he actually started to feel kind of bad, so he rolled over on top of Sora, doing his best to wedge one of his legs between the boy's. "Don't worry Sora..." He leaned down to nip at his earlobe, practically ecstatic when he heard a moan in response. "I always find you sexy...Even when you're covered in other creature's fluids." Then he did something he had been craving to for quite some time now, he shifted his mouth so that it glided across Sora's, massaging the lips underneath him gently. Well he was massaging them gently until Sora himself wrapped his arms around his neck, and started to kiss much more vigorously.

They probably would have stayed like that forever, Riku certainly wanted to, but a pesky thing like a scream interrupted their perfect moment. Surprised, he pulled away to examine who the scream had come from, but it sounded much too young to be anyone's but the puppet's.

Sora, being the ever noble hero that he is, jumped to his feet. "Riku come on...We gotta go help him." Riku slowly got to his feet, as he did so trying to wipe off as much of the goo covering him as possible. He might as well go with so, because it's not like he really had anything else to do at the time.

Holding out his hand, Riku somehow managed to summon his dragon blade to his hand. He saw Sora's shocked face at such an action, and truthfully he was just as surprised. Though Sephiroth had said it was a dark weapon, and he did have fairly good control of the darkness by now. Take where they were laying, not one heartless had came to bother them so far, but before then it had be riddled with those incessant creatures. Knowing that Sora was looking at his face, Riku nodded and then followed him through the passageway to where they had heard Pinnochio scream.

As he skidded to a halt he noticed how there was an opening in the beast that never used to be there before, and to his disgust he was pretty sure it led to the bowels of the beast. Seriously could this day get any more disgusting? There seemed to be a sort of vacuum pulling everything in, and when he saw Sora just rush in and jump, he did the same. Now he by no means wasn't going to do that, but that didn't change the fact that Sora had beaten him to the punch. When had the brunette become the brave one of the two...Sora had really changed.

After quite a disgusting journey, which wasn't even going to be described it was so bad, Riku and Sora popped out in the bowels of the whale. No sooner were they out, then the reason for Pinnochio's screams made its shiny entrance.

The whole floor shook as the creature swung its way in. Riku could only assume that it was a heartless, but he had never seen one quite so big before, or quite as deformed. The thing was huge with long arms protruding out as weapons, and in the belly of the beast so to speak was that damn puppet. He knew from the start that that thing was going to be a pain in the ass, and sure enough he was right. Oh well, there was no time to think of such things right now. He turned to Sora, who looked as excited as a kid at Christmas again. "You up for this?"

Sora turned to him with a huge smile on his face in anticipation. The keyblade formed in his hand as they shared a final glance. "No problem. Let's do it!" Riku actually laughed at that. The brunette could be so adorable when he wanted to. As those thoughts Riku charged forward, fully intent on tearing the beast to pieces.

He made a running leap towards it, slashing downwards as he did so. Black blood splattered out of the wound, covering Riku in even more slime. Truthfully this was the first time he himself had actually been forced to battle a heartless...Usually they wouldn't come anywhere near him, well unless you consider that one time he almost had sex with one...But he would rather not ever think of that again.

The thing let out a sickening howl as Sora's blade stuck into its side. He had to admit, the boy was good, way better than he remembered him being. He just stood there admiring the warrior that had replaced his shy and timid Sora. This wasn't a bad thing by any means, Sora looked beautiful when he fought.

His thoughts were interrupted when an arm came around and hit him in the chest, sending him flying to be smashed against the nearest wall cavity. "Riku!"

Damn that hurt like a bitch. Well that taught him for not paying attention during class. He could only imagine what Sephiroth would have said if he saw it. He did a kip up, and motioned for Sora to continue the fight. "I'm fine...It takes more than that to do me in." Feeling more than a little pissed, Riku held out his hand and summoned that dark power he had just learned, doing well in blasting a huge whole in the heartless where Pinnochio was being held.

There was no use playing with the thing anymore, and really he kind of just wanted revenge for the little bastard injuring him. He thought his arm might dislocated form the whole thing, and that could just not do.

The thing's arms slumped down, it was obviously dead. Pinnochio was struggling to get out of the creature's stomach, and Riku went to go help him out, but noticed faintly that Sora wasn't budging. That stopped him in his tracks, and he turned around to see what could possibly be wrong. "What's the matter? We won...shouldn't you look a little more happy?"

He didn't look happy, as a matter of fact he looked like he was going to attack him at any moment. What the hell was his problem? Did he want the kill or something? "You fight like them...You even use their power." His eyes widened when Sora went back in his battle position. "Are you one of them Riku?"

Was he talking about the darkness? Would Sora really want to fight him over something as stupid as that? "You're going to fight me because I can use the darkness?" He was baffled, he really was. Sora was insane if he was really going to try to fight against him. How could he just throw him over so easily?

That damn duck and dog that had conveniently been missing throughout the entire fight ran up behind him, and Sora's vigor seemed to strengthen. "It's not just that Riku, those heartless before weren't coming near you, but they were watching in the shadows. It was almost like they had orders to protect you."

He did have a point, but point of not this was still fucking ridiculous. "So you would fight me?...You would fight the one you claimed just a moment ago you loved over something like this?" This couldn't be real. Sora couldn't really be doing this to him...not again. The brunette's cheeks reddened a little at the mention of the their past exchanges, but the weapon didn't lower in the least. In a last ditch effort to try to keep Sora and him just the way they were, he offered the first thing that came to his mind. "Even if I am on a side you don't quite agree with, why not come with me?" He held his hand out like he had all that time ago on Destiny Islands when it had been rejected, and hoped that this time there was a different result. Let's join forces Sora, let's get through all of this together. We can even find Kairi if that's what you want." He slowly took a step forward, but Sora refused to lower his weapon. "Where I'm at now the world seems like it's at my fingertips. It's like there's an unlimited amount of power and knowledge...Come with me and we can have the world." Talk about delusions of grandeur...He didn't even really believe it when he said it. It was like something took a hold of him though, as if in that one moment he wasn't really himself.

"No Riku. You've changed. It's like you don't even have a conscience anymore." He was definitely not the one that had changed. No, Sora was the one that had changed. It was too long ago that the brunette would have followed him anywhere, regardless of what they entailed.

"Conscience?" How could he say that Riku was the one without a conscience, when Sora was the one slowly but surely killing him from the inside?

"You might not hear, but right now it's loud and clear. And it's telling me you're on the wrong side!" So in the end this is what he chooses. New friends over old, and new ideals over old lovers.

Tears were beginning to sting the corners of his eyes, and he knew he had to get out of there before he started crying then and there. Holding out his hand again, he used all of the power still left it him to summon a portal, praying to whoever was listening that it would take him back to Hollow Bastion, and a far far away from this wretched place. "Then you leave me no choice." His heart lurched a little when he saw Sora take a step forward to stop him, but then upon exchanging glances with his friends he went back to his defensive position. No, Sora would not come for him. Sora would never come for him again. It was with that mentality that he stepped into the portal, hoping beyond hope that it would lead him back to the castle, and to Sephiroth.
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,


A.N- God is Sora a bastard! I mean throughout the game I always thought that he was a little bastardly for abandoning Riku so early on, but this was even worse. Lol...I thought it was funny when I was writing it I was going to go with the game dialogue, and I even started out doing it, but then Riku just went 'fuck you' and it sorta changed. Lol Oh I have a favor to ask whomever might be reading this. The whole Cloud/Sephiroth thing was shortened due to the fact that I'm having a terrible case of writers block. I have an idea about what went sour between them, as I mentioned, but as to the details I'm kind stuck. So I would love input on what exactly you think should have happened between Cloud Sephiroth and Hollow Bastion. If you help me out I would be most obliged. Thanks for reading, and please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story