Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

Starting, Seeing, Silencing, Starting

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 1290 words

1Original

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Prologue
28th June 2005


Harry Potter sat on his bed, brooding. He'd been doing that a lot lately, but contrary to what many of his friends would think, he wasn't thinking of Sirius dying. He'd accepted his godfather's death, and in its place was now worrying about what he'd do to Bellatrix LeStrangle when he next saw her. His immediate thought was that of the Crutatious Curse, but that had back fired already.

He sighed; everyone he'd gotten close to was dying. The great and mighty Dumbledore, who was supposed to be helping him defeat Voldemort, had not hinted at anything he would do to aid Harry. In fact, he'd done probably the worst thing he could have in forcing Harry back on the Dursely family. True, they'd behaved themselves so far, but Harry was not content where he was. He wanted to learn to fight, to defeat Voldemort.


Two days later, in his newfound thirst for knowledge, Harry had sneaked out at what happened to be the change of guard, and escaped to Diagon Alley. He'd made a fair dent in his monetary assets, and splurged. His visit to Flourish and Blotts resulted in a large parcel of books ranging from advanced transfiguration and charms, to advanced defence and wandless magic. His trip to Madam Malkins resulted in so large a wardrobe, that he got a complementary trunk, complete with built in self shrinking charm, multi-compartments, and personal safety wards.

It reminded him a bit much of the fake Moody's but that had been unavoidable, the acting superb, and his own innocence unnerving in hindsight. He headed back with his new purchases and shrunken trunk.


He now sat in his room reading, learning what he could about wandless magic. It was difficult: he wasn't used to the output of magical power necessary for it to work, and the concentration required for the magic to complete its job. He was frustrated, getting tired, and worried about how quiet things had been in regards to Voldemort.

"BOY! GET YOUR BLEEDING ASS DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!" Harry knew the silence couldn't last, and this had better not be a joke. Fortunately, it wasn't a joke; the order had sent someone to check on him any way. Harry grinned at Tonks; it had to be her, since nobody in their right minds would have auburn hair like his mother, a feminine version of his father's face, and a figure that mixed what he knew of his father with something of Sirius.

"Wotcha Tonks, was the dress up deliberate? I mean, I'd rather have all of either of my parents rather than a mix of all 3 you know?" Tonks grinned back at him and motioned him up the stairs. No Dursley made a move till they realized Tonks was going up to Harry's room with him, "I WILL NOT PERMIT ANY FREAKISH HANKY PANKY IN MY HOUSE!"

Tonks raised a Lily Potter eyebrow, and seemed to question what exactly he intended to do to stop her. Of course, Vernon Dursley didn't have the best head on his over large shoulders, and could only splutter in rage. Harry laughed out loud and led Tonks to his room.

Once in, the metamorphagus dropped her act, reverting to her usual shocking pink spiked hair. Harry sat on his bed and stared at her, waiting for whatever she had to say. She herself seemed somewhat uncertain, and sat on the floor to factor out her shaking legs, "well Harry, Dumbledore sends his regards. He firstly says he is planning to teach you this coming school year, to help you prepare for "whatever lies ahead". He secondly says that you shouldn't berate yourself for Sirius's death, and get on with preparing yourself. He lastly wants me to tell you he hopes you're having a wonderful summer.

She paused here and looked at him carefully, taking in the incredulous look in his eyes especially, "not terribly helpful, but then again he is rather barmy." Harry laughed again, "Well Tonks, he's living in the past. Just a few days ago I was contemplating if the Crutatious would carry my displeasure to Bellatrix properly. I personally feel it isn't enough, but will have to suffice for now. Secondly, I've already started preparing. The first being not to completely trust anyone, including him, which is why I have my wand aimed right between your breasts."

Tonks blinked, his wand was on the floor right between them, handle facing her; so exactly what was he talking about? Harry chuckled, seeming to read where her thoughts were going. Deciding now was about the time to test her, he placed his words carefully, "they were free to me."

Her eyes immediately took on a look of understanding, and she flashed through transformations to each of the Weasley twins before returning to her normal form. Harry grinned at her again, "it should then interest you that I'm learning wandless magic, though I'm having trouble with it." Tonk's face became shock, and horror, before she hurridly mentioned other things she'd forgotten about, "Albus also gave me a letter for you, no idea what it's about though."

Harry took the letter and read it through carefully; Albus seemed to be truthful in his words, and sincere in his intent. He then spent the rest of the day with Tonks, removing the seals that had kept his power in check since his childhood revealed such astonishing power.


Later that night while everyone else slept, Harry practiced his wandless magic with renewed vigour. The extra power provided by opening his seals gifted him with other abilities that seemed to have developed during its imprisonment. He had no clear idea, but Harry theorized that it was his contact with the various gifts that developed them. For example, his meeting Tonks and being in her company so much let his magic subconsciously mold to form the metamorphagus gift, or at least part of it.

Then there was his newfound ability to concentrate that just had to come from Hermione, no other could have let him concentrate on wandless magic 4 hours straight, gaining immediate insight and understanding with each new development. He wondered, perhaps his chess had improved?

Harry was getting frustrated that his progress with wandless magic, this time the lumos charm, still only 4 of 10 tries. Sighing, he realized the only way he was going to get better at it was to gain more magical power.

A laugh attracted his attention, and he spun round, a reductor curse on his lips when he realized his "assailant" had been there long enough to kill him with a quill. He was dressed in green, robes, boots, gloves, even his hair was green! Thankfully, the green wasn't the glaring shade the twins had bought themselves, and his were split by a yellow stripe down the centre. His gloves looked to be dragon hide of some sort, with more down his boots, his forehead marked by a down-turned curve with a spike on either end.

His face was young, though one could easily tell he wasn't the 20-year old he looked. He smiled at Harry, and spoke in a voice of unnatural calm, "there's an easier way you know? Waiting for power to grow is the easy way, and it doesn't get as powerful as if it's developed."

Harry stared, how had this person gotten in, and since when did Voldemort hire people who smiled so sincerely?

===

A/N: If you feel I'm actually moving things kind fast, it's really that I've read too many fics that go so far into the whole greiving thing that you lose track of the story itself. (don't ask me to remember them) R&R please! ^.^
Sign up to rate and review this story