Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

The Letters, The People

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 1132 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 1
29th June 2005


"Albus! The wards!" Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts, had already started moving when the terrified voice of Nymphadora Tonks came through the Order communication devices they all had.

About 10 minutes or so ago, the wards around number 4 Privet Drive started fluctuating. He'd assumed it was the increased power now available to his student, but that was apparently not it. About a minute ago, the wards had started failing, which brought him to his present situation of portkeying to the site, while Tonks alerted the other Order members.

---

To an ordinary muggle, the sight of several robed figures at the start of Privet Drive was no big thing, probably party gone hay wire. But these people weren't there for a party. Instead, their mission was to find any clues as to where the Boy-who-Lived had been taken to.

Albus Dumbledore took the lead, magically opening the front door to number 4, lighting the lamps, and traipsing up the stairs while Tonks gave him her report. Apparently, young Harry had been practicing wandless magic, which could have explained the flickering wards, but the he'd stopped, assumed to have gone to sleep. A little later, a flash of light had been seen in his window, and assumed to be a quick lumos charm, a few minutes before the wards had started failing.

They entered Harry's room just as the Dursleys woke up and Vernon started blustering about not standing for freaks in his home. Moody's good eye twitched and made the beefy man sit, "if you can't stand it, then sit." The Order searched Harry's room, and found several things.

Firstly, Harry's old school trunk was gone, as were any books, robes, equipment that he'd had. A large pile of clothes obviously too large for him was next to the bed, a note on top, addressed to the Dursley family.

For all that you've done for me; I'm returning the precious clothes. I do hope Dudley has fun washing them by hand, since the washing machine needs to be replaced. All the other chores I used to do too, for that matter. Boy.

None of the Order knew what to make of it, but Molly Weasley fixed that quickly. Snatching the note away, she shoved it at Vernon Dursley and demanded to know what this was about.

Albus left her to it, and picked up a note addressed to the Order on Harry's bed.

Well then, whoever you are, I'm writing this note under no pressure. I recently decided I needed training for the final confrontation. If you're not the headmaster, ask him about it since I'm not around to tell you.

To that end, I've been to Diagon Alley for books on the subjects, one of which I've left in the room in the left cupboard drawer. If Albus still thinks I need help, tell him it's the easiest book I bought.

More importantly, I met someone just before writing this note. I will not reveal his name, since he's not from around here any way, but he offered to train me in a rather alien art, and I've accepted. He's not a death eater, a fact I checked very thoroughly, helped of course that no death eater can smile that sincerely unless it's about death of muggles.

Time is short; I will return for school, not that I even know my results, taking transfiguration, charms, arithmacy, defense, and healing. If it's Dumbledore reading this, I guess you need to know that Voldie's planning a raid on a muggle town near hogsmead (as near as could be any way). Harry.

PS, tell Herms, Ron, Gin, and the twins, I say hi.

---

Quite a way away, in a room in a strangely bent house, another boy sat, his arms round a girl. He had red hair in a shade that just shouldn't be allowed. His face was covered in feckles; his blue eyes gazing out the window unseeing. She had awkward, angular joints, and straight, dirty blond hair. Her eyes also weren't seeing the awe inspiring sight, but in a different way from the boy she was leaning against.

They'd met earlier in the summer, in the town of Ottery san Catchpole, near where both of them stayed. Luna and Ron spent much of their time together, and eventually became a couple. Both were worried about Harry, Molly had just been berating them about "hands in the right places" when Tonks had contacted her and she'd rushed off, Harry being one of the few things that could inspire such behaviour.

---

Ginny and Hermione lay on the bank of the lake sunbathing. Molly said she'd call them in time for tea, but it seemed pretty close to that, "don't you think someone should have come for us already Ginny?" Ginny barely opened her eyes, "What we should really be worrying about is suntan, not tea. I'll have to get Neville round some time to do my back."

Hermione raised an eyebrow, "and Dean? How did Neville come into it?" Ginny laughed at her, "there was never any Dean, it was just to get a raise out of Ron and give Neville some clear. I mean, he's nice and all, but just not me. Now Neville, he's sweet. He's just not bothered at all about you all, which is more than Seamus or Dean would be." Hermione shrugged, accepting her logic, "how do you think Harry's doing? I hope the little talk at the train station did some good; even if he's going to brood."

Ginny was thoughtful, "and if not, he's going to be in a right mood." They fell into silent thoughtfulness, forgetting about the sun beating down on them till Molly's voice called them in for tea.

---

Contrary to what they thought, Harry was not brooding, or remotely thinking of Voldemort and magic, for that matter. He was instead listening to Xing Yun, his new teacher, who was explaining the coming lessons, "magic, as you know it, is actually an internal power expressed in a particular way. Each person's is unique, which is where your ministry gets the magical signatures tracing.

"The internal power is like a muscle, which needs grows with age, and starts deteriorating eventually. Like other muscles, constant usage and practice with it allows it to grow, lengthens its life span, all those things. Eventually, depending on the cultivation, this power reaches the level at which it spontaneously takes shape outside the body, known here as a spirit sword." He demonstrated by forming his own, "you'll be learning this, in preparation for your place as the 6th generation Celestial Creature, Green Dragon.

===

A/N: It's a familiar theory isn't it? Magic being a muscle, as opposed to a predefined entity? R/R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story