Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Light within the Darkness

Light within the Darkness

by Momi 1 review

You'll have to read to find out, but this is my original story apart from the Kingdom Hearts characters. You'll find that I've made some changes, too. So please, if you would, rate and message me a...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Sora - Published: 2007-03-03 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 1500 words

-1Boring
The Light within the darkness
By Momigi Kusanagi
Original Story apart from the Kingdom Hearts Characters. =)

"I hope you read your briefing on your mission." The voice was raspy and harsh, almost a whisper. The five men that sat around the table nodded, their faces hidden by their black cloaks. "The task is simple. These men are going to dinner at Marcedona, after that they will be headed to a well know strip club, called Pikari Rage. You are to assassinate them before they get there and then simply discard of the bodies."

He was a tall man of six foot four and his broad and menacing appearance made him a very intimidating. Beneath the hood was a mass of curly gray, almost white hair, and cold black eyes. His name, Volly Notry. His composure makes him a man to be feared, but once you get to know him and gain his trust, he's a very fatherly figure. At least that was what he was to the five men before him.

"So, that's all we have to do? Stalk him and then kill him? That seems a little too easy." Volly turned to look at the cloaked figure sitting directly in front of him.

"I'm pleased that you noticed, Sora. Indeed it will not be an easy assignment, for with him travels four of the best trained bodyguards in the business. However, that's not all. There will be snipers on the buildings directly behind him and to the left and right side of him. In order to complete this mission you will have to eliminate all obstacles first. You must no be seen, if you are then the mission will be a failure. These people are relentless. They will not hesitate to eliminate you. They have skills beyond your knowledge. Are you ready to take this assignment on?" he asks seriously, looking at each person at a time, though he couldn't see their faces he already knew the answer.

All nodded and stood, pushing their chairs in and standing behind them. "Good. Now, Roxas, Riku, and Axel, you will be on foot trailing. Make it seem like your all heading in the same direction; make something up, like your taking Axel out for a Bachelor party surprise, I don't know, I don't care; just come up with something! Sora and Leon, you will take care of the snipers. If anyone interferes, kill them. Alright boy's you have your equipment, now get to work."

The five men turned on their heels and walked out the thick black oak doors. The hall they entered was extravagantly decorated. The walls were a rich wine colour and the trim was a glittering gold. On the ceiling was a mural of a gruesome war scene. There was a red velvet coach to their right, a mahogany table with red and yellow roses in a beautifully sculpted vase to their left. The boys walked down the hall to a winding black marble stair case that lead to the parlour and a giant sent of light brown French oak doors.

"Well, this is defiantly going to be an interesting night, boys! A very interesting night." Axel declared nonchalantly, though in his heart of hearts he had a very bad feeling about tonight's events, a very bad feeling indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bang! Bang! Bang! "Ifyoudon'topenthisdoorrightnowyourgoin'toberegretin'it!"

"He's drunk, again." Li said.

"Why do we always get stuck in these situations? It's so stupid!"

"Aki-chan, calm yourself. If that fool of a man gets in here, he'll be in a world of hell, and I'll make sure of it!" said Momigi in a deathly tone. The girls were locked in one of the many bathrooms in the large brick house. The man out side the door was their foster father, who was drunk regularly. Usually, they would stay out until about midnight when he passed out, but tonight they didn't get a chance to because the baby of the family, Suki, didn't feel well and they wanted to take care of her.

"Maybe we should open the door. I mean, we could teach him a lesson or two! Then he won't beat us anymore!" exclaimed Suki.

"No, that's not sensible! If we do that then he could charge us with assault," said a very calm Himeko. The banging on the door continued. Looking around the room Momigi spotted a window above the toilet.

"Let's climb out through that window!" she whispered. The girls looked up at the window sceptically.

"But aren't we too high up for that? I mean we could die if we jumped!" hissed Aki.

Momi, who was now standing right beside the window, looked back at them. "Who said we're going to jump senselessly out the window? There's a fire escape about five feet away to the right; if we judge it right we should grab hold. Plus, if we do fall, it'll be cushioned by the trash in the dumpsters below."

The girls looked at each other before getting up and joining Momigi by the window. She was perched on the windowsill trying to judge if she could make the jump. After deliberating a couple more seconds she shrugged.

"Whatever, I'll wing it!" with that she jumped off the sill, front flipped twice, and caught the railing. After pulling herself up and safely onto the fire escape she turned to the others. "Alright who's next?"

Aki hopped up onto the sill and jumped, grabbing hold of Momigi's hands, and was quickly pulled up. Suki and Li followed suit, but Himeko stopped short.

"I-I don't think I can do it!" She cried looking down at the ally below her.

"Come on Meko! You have to try, you have to try!" cried Aki worriedly. From inside the bathroom, where the girls had taken refuge, the pounding on the door was becoming more and more frantic; more and more angry.

"Meko, stay where you are! I'm coming to get you, alright?" Momigi demanded more than asked. Himeko simply nodded her head and slipped down from the window.

Momigi jumped once again to the window and climbed in. "Alright, Meko, I'm going to throw you over to them, ok?"

"I-I...okay." Himeko hung her head in defeat. In truth, Himeko was really afraid of heights. She looked at the window for a moment and then at the floor. A hand pushed her head up and she found herself staring into the swade blue eyes of her best friend, and older sister.

"Himeko, you know full well I'd never let anything happen to you. You showed me how to trust again, all of you, now I need you to trust me," she said.

Momigi had come from a violent home that she utterly despised. She would always attempt to run away but would always get caught. Finally her parents had had enough and were going to send her to military school, but instead the Department of Child Services had come and picked her up. The girls, and Momigi's only friends, didn't want to be separated and force the Department to take them with her. Since then Momigi and the others had been inseparable.

"Momi, we've always trusted you! It's just that I'm scared."

"I know, sweetie, I know. Just close your eyes and count to ten and before you know it, it'll be all over." Momi hugged her close and smiled gently before leading her back to the window.

"Is everything okay over there?" Li cried, clearly worried. "You've been in there for a while."

Momi set Himeko up on the windowsill and poked her head out. "We're fine, don't worry, but I'm going to throw Himeko over to you," she said. "You ready, Meko?"

"No!"

"Alright, close your eyes if you want, but here we go!" and with that Momigi picked the small girl and threw her out the window and over to the others, who promptly caught her.

Momigi jumped back up onto the windowsill, preparing to jump of and right as her feet left the sill a hand snatched her ankle, slamming her into the brick wall below; holding her upside down. "You foolish girls you thought you could possibly get away from me?!" Apparently their foster father had some how managed to throw open the bathroom door.

"Oh, no, I mean it honestly doesn't look that way does it?" Momigi said sarcastically.

"You're in no position to be back talking me, bitch!" cried the enraged old man, pulling Momigi up to face him. When he had her up right on the sill he grabbed her by the neck and held her out the window. "Hahaha! What are you gonna do now, huh? You're as helpless as they come!" Of course, helpless was the last thing Momigi was.

Moving swiftly Momigi brought her left foot up and connected with the man's jaw, flinging him backwards and forcing him to let her go. Momigi felt her stomach jump into her throat as she felt her self fall suddenly downward.

"Noooo, Momi!"
Sign up to rate and review this story