Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Heart to Heart

Inuyasha confronts His Love

by FrillingFreak 4 reviews

Inuyasha finally confronts the one he truely loves. And we all know who that is!

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-05 - 1754 words

0Unrated
Once again, sorry for the long wait! I hope you enjoy the last chappie!

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha but I do have a Sesshy key chain!

Inuyasha confronts His Love


Meanwhile back at camp Kagome had just awoken from a restless sleep. She rubbed her eyes and peered groggily around the camp, searching for what had caused her to awaken. At first she found nothing out of place but when she looked up she saw something that made her heart jump. Inuyasha's perch was empty.

Carefully, she got up, making sure she didn't wake up the sleeping fox demon that slept next to her, and walked over and peered out into the woods. Where could he have gone to this late at night? Maybe he had sensed a demon and gone to check it out. Gaa! That idiot, he should know better then to go after a demon by himself!

But what if it wasn't a demon? What if it was...Kikyou?
Kagome felt her chest tighten at the thought of Inuyasha rushing into the arms of the lovely miko. She chewed her lip nervously as she tried to decide whether or not to go looking for him. She didn't want to come upon him with Kikyou again, she didn't know if she could handle that. But then again she didn't want to leave him to fight some demon by himself. In the end she opted to go searching for him and picked up her bow and arrows and quietly crept into the woods.

She walked silently but swiftly for several minutes, praying she was going in the right direction. There was flash of movement and a crack of leaves in front of her. She froze, arrow ready to fly at the first sign of danger. But what happened next she did not expect. A flash of red rushed at her from deep in the woods and before she could do anything she was lifted off the ground into a rib-cracking hug. She instinctively tensed but relaxed when she saw the familiar silver hair and adorable ears.

"Inuyasha?" She asked. "What's wrong?"

"Kagome..." He mumbled into her shoulder. Kagome's mind began to whirl. What was going on? Why was Inuyasha acting so strange? He was hugging her and he never hugged her unless something bad had happened to her. And she couldn't remember any near death experiences in the recent past. And suddenly, as a thousand thoughts were racing through her mind, one thing stopped all thought in a split second. Inuyasha was....nuzzling her neck. Any coherent thoughts she had were silenced at the feeling of the soft skin of his cheek and lips brushing against her neck.

Inuyasha felt her body go limp in his arms as she moved her head to allow him better access. He inhaled deeply, her smell like a drug to his senses. Her soft skin a treat he had never allowed himself to enjoy before.

"Inu..Inuyasha?" Kagome asked in a quiet whisper. "What's going on? I don't understand?" Inuyasha pulled back and looked into Kagome's eyes. They were full of want, pain, confusion, and hesitancy. She was scared of him, of what he was going to say, of being hurt again. She probably thought he'd been with Kikyou again and this was his way of apologizing.

"Inuyasha please say something." Kagome begged, her voice trembling.

"Kagome, I wasn't with Kikyou if that's what your thinking." Inuyasha said quickly causing Kagome to relax. "I just needed to think, needed some air."

"But why...why did you hold me like that?" Kagome asked.

"Well, when I was out thinking I kind of, I guess you could say, had a heart to heart conversation with, well, my heart and I realized some things and well, um...." Inuyasha trailed off nervously as began to fiddle with his sleeve, hoping Kagome would fill in the rest. But not even Kagome, smart as she was, could fill in that very large gap.

"Realized what?" Kagome prodded quietly.

"Some things about you and Kikyou."

"Oh." Kagome said softly, her demeanor fallen. "I'm sorry that I'm not as good a fighter as her."

"What?" Inuyasha asked thrown off by her statement. "I didn't even think about that to tell you the truth. Not that it matters to me anyway."

"Really? You don't care that I'm not as strong as the others?" Kagome asked.

"Na," Inuyasha huffed. "Just because you're not physically strong doesn't mean that you're weak. In fact I think you're the strongest out of all of us. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have lasted this long. You've been through so much and yet remained so strong and remained there for the rest of us through it all."

"Thank you Inuyasha." Kagome said softly. "You have no idea how much that means to me."

"It's the least I could do after all I put you through." Inuyasha added quietly.

"What?" Kagome asked, slightly confused.

"Kagome, while I was thinking earlier, it occurred to me that the whole time we've known each other I've been a bit of a jerk to you." Inuyasha nervously glanced around, doing anything to avoid looking Kagome in the eye. He wasn't used to making confessions like this, it went against his very nature. "You've always been so nice to me and I've just taken advantage of that kindness time and time again. I'm sorry. Sorry for hurting you over and over again."

"Inuyasha...." Kagome was stunned. Inuyasha was apologizing to her and she wasn't even sure why. "What happened? I mean this is very nice and all but it isn't like you."

"I realized earlier that I've been denying a part of my self. Sort of locking it inside." Inuyasha began. "I thought it made me weak, would slow me down. But by ignoring a part of myself, I was only hurting myself even worse. And then I asked myself. "What's so bad about this part of you? If you want something go get it." After all I apply that concept to the rest of my life why not to the matters of the heart. And so I decided not to hold back anymore, to no longer be ashamed of...." Inuyasha trailed off as he looked up to find Kagome staring blankly at him. Without realizing it Inuyasha had begun pacing back and forth, throwing his hands around for emphasize. "Kagome? Are you alright?"

"Could you translate that for me?" She asked in a daze. "I'm not really sure I understand what you're trying to say."

Inuyasha growled in frustration. He had never been good with words but he was pretty sure his previous speech had been fairly understandable but the look on Kagome's face said other wise. Well, if he couldn't talk her into understanding then he'd just have to try another tactic. He took several timid steps toward her and then, much to her surprise, grabbed her arms and pulled her to him. Kagome started to protest but was stopped when his lips met hers. Her mind went totally blank and she just stood there, in total shock. Before she had time to register what had happened, Inuyasha pulled back, his eyes soft and hazy.

"My heart." He whispered in a husky voice as he gently stroked her cheek with one hand. "I've been denying my heart the one thing it's always longed for, you. I love you Kagome, I've always loved you. I've just been too much of a idiot to realize it. Can you every forgive me for making you wait this long?"

"In...Inuyasha." Kagome whispered as tears streamed down her face. "Are you being serious? Oh please tell me you're being serious because if you're not I don't think I could bear it."

"Kagome I have never known anything to be more true then this; I love you with my whole heart, life, soul, and mind. I'm not going to hurt you anymore, I promise." Inuyasha said while closing the distance between them again.

"Oh, Inuyasha." Kagome said with a small smile and dancing eyes. "I know this sounds silly but I'm so happy I could dance to the stars and back again."

"Don't even think about it." Inuyasha said his eyes never leaving hers. "I just found you and I don't want to lose you again."

"I never went anywhere, you did." Kagome reminded him.

"I know. But I don't plan on ever leaving your side again. I finally admitted my feeling for you and to lose you now would beyond any physical pain that could ever be inflicted on me." By now their faces where only inches apart and they were both breathing heavily and their eyes were filled with expectation.


"Then stay with me." Kagome pleaded. "Let's be happy...together."

"Yes, together." Inuyasha whispered as his lips once again claimed hers. Only this time she didn't just stand there, she responded with all the love that she had been carrying in her heart for a very long time. And there was silence in the woods once more as two hearts became one.


In the world of white and fog beyond this one, two figures stood watching what transpired. The gashes and wounds that covered their bodies began to heal at amazing speeds. The blue-eyed girl looked up at the taller man with a smile. His amber eyes danced as helooked down at her.

"Looks like your idea worked." She said, breaking the silence.

"Yes." He smirked. Then, as if driven by some unknown force, he reached out and took her hand. She jumped. Not because she was scared, but because he had touched her....and she had felt it. And he had to, he could feel her smooth skin against his own and she could feel his rough but gentle fingers stroking her the back of her hand. For the first time in their life, they were experiencing the wonder of touch. Not just the touch of skin to skin but also the touch of soul to soul.

He smiled and gripped her hand softly but firmly in his own and turned toward the woods.

"Shall we go?" He asked her. She returned his smile with one of her own and nodded. And so they disappeared into the mist, hand in hand for now until all eternity.

THE END

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time out to read my little story and I hope you all enjoyed it greatly!
Please review!
FrillingFreak
Sign up to rate and review this story