Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Napoleon Complex

Spears, Brittney

by blue-flame 3 reviews

Thoughts of Frank plagued his mind conjuring up memories he had hoped were long since buried

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-05 - 860 words

0Unrated
"Hey Mikes. Where are you? I bet you hooked up at the launch! Hope you didn't do anything I wouldn't do. Anyway, I am a poor art student and I don't have money to waist phoning your lazy ass. My class is over at 3 so call me at...4 or something"
Mikey pressed erase and his brothers message was wiped leaving the apartment in an eerie silence. Usually when Mikey got home music drifted down the hall from Franks room, or the soft sound of an acoustic guitar filed the open plan space with atmosphere. But without Frank, it felt cold and unwelcoming.

Mikey threw his jacket on a chair on route to his room to grab his comforter. After turning up the heating and putting on the TV, he settled back on the sofa still in last nights cloths. Thoughts of Frank plagued his mind conjuring up memories he had hoped were long since buried. After a few minutes the exhaustion and warmth from his comforter helped him drift of into a fitful sleep.

Mikey woke up to a loud bang. After fumbling for his glasses which fell of in his slumber, he stumbled of the sofa and to the door.
"Bout time"
"Jamia, what time is it? And how did you find the apartment?"
Jamia stood in the doorway, burger king in hand.
"6pm. I asked Brian; said you left your phone so I just had to re-unite you with it. I know how inept you are in the kitchen so I brought dinner"
Mikey stumbled back as Jamia shoved him out of her way, heading straight for the kitchen.

A whopper and coke later, both colleagues were sat watching Fairly Odd Parents.
"How can this be a kid's show? You can say that on a kids show"
"A kid ain't going to get that. Who says a cartoon can't be for adults too. What about Happy Tree Friends?" Jamia stoop up and took the plates and rubbish to the kitchen area.
"So how's Frank?"
"Oh god. It was horrible"
Jamia instantly stopped doing the dishes and swiftly made her way to Mikey's side on the sofa. "Why, what happened? Is he ok?" Her voice failing to hide her concern for the man she has barley met, yet cant rid her thoughts of.
"When I got there he was all shaking and boiling. But he said he was cold. And he couldn't move. He was in agony. I was so bad. I was just like..." Mikey's voice trailed off, his eyes becoming red and scratchy.
"Like what?" Mikey as a private person, and rarely let anyone into his personal life. She didn't want to pry, but curiosity killed the cat. After an encouraging squeeze of Mikey's knee, he took a deep breath and continued.
"Gerard, he used to be an addict. Pot, cocaine, beer. If it didn't involve needles, I guarantee he had done it. Eventually it all caught up to him until one night 2 years ago he broke down. Frank and I looked after him as he went through withdrawal. It was so hard to see Gee go through that. I couldn't help him; all I could do was watch and try to make him as comfortable as possible. Without Frank, I couldn't have coped. But today brought I all back. Except this time it was Frank, and I was alone. If it wasn't for the nurse I don't know what would have happened"
Mikey wash visibly shaking, the color drained from him as a few errand tears carved down his face. Jamia enveloped Mikey in a comforting hug.
"I had no idea Mikey. I'm so sorry. Gee always seem's so bubbly and full of life. I would never have guessed. You really haven't had the best day have you honey?"
"I'm ok. Really. I just bottle things up and I get like this sometimes. Sorry"
"Don't you dare apologize. I will gladly listen to you any time. It's not healthy to bottle things up" After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Jamia made a loud sniffing noise. "I think its time you put yesterdays cloths in the decontamination pile and took a shower"
"Thanks" a small smile crept across Mikey's lips. "I won't be long"

X

It was being nosey, but he was intrigued as to what Frank's m3p player held. Ray's shift finished ten minutes ago, but he was sat at the battered mans bedside, feet propped on the edge of the bed.
"Black Flag...Blur...Bouncing Souls...Clash, The...Iron Maiden....New Found Glory.....Spears, Brittney..... I hope that is your brunette friend's choice"
A small grunt emitted from Franks vocal cords causing Ray to jerk his head up. It was well know when sedated or unconscious the human mind was still able to process thoughts based on sounds herd.
"Ah. Jamia was it?"
A mumble this time.
"Well well. Your one lucky man Iero. Even I could see the way she looked at you. Ill leave you to your pleasant dreams"
After checking his vitals once more and putting the mp3 player back within Franks reach, Ray left the hospital for the day.
Sign up to rate and review this story