Categories > Original > Fantasy > Age of Psychics

Episode Four: When it Rains

by Nessrox444 0 reviews

Feeling down after their previous loss, Talsk now resolves to become stronger. They train using special weights before being sent to defeat a duo that has such great teamwork that defeating them s...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 2853 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story, everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing regardless but I would appreciate reviews. I'm not going to hold my story hostage for reviews but I will ask that you send me feedback. So please, send me feedback.
_________________________________________________________________

Episode Four: When It Rains
__________________________________________________________________

The sky was grey and dull. The wind was cool and unforgiving. It was raining lightly. Talsk sat on a ledge outside the science complex, looking down at the city.

"You're going to catch a cold sitting out here." Skie said approaching Talsk.

"What do you want?" Talsk said in a sad but harsh tone.

"You have to learn to accept defeat. Wind Man has failed to win some past battles too. 'You have to learn from your mistakes', that's what he always says." Skie told him, she sat down next to him and looked down at the city.

"But it's what you guys said, I have energy that I can't fully utilize. Plus I was so pathetic; I didn't even stand a chance." Talsk said still lost in thought. Skie moved to get closer to him but stopped when she heard a door open behind her. Talsk turned to see who it was, it was Wind Man. He looked strange without the spandex on, his black hair was no longer gelled and he was wearing a blue sweat shirt with some jeans. His black eyes were the same however, no odd contacts or anything. Talsk looked different as well, wearing a read hoodie and tan pants, which he only recently started wearing. His eyes were still a radiant blue.

"We have a training facility underneath this building where I train to use my energy to its fullest; you can make use of it too." Wind Man told him.

"Really?!?" Talsk said with regained hope.

"Of course, I wouldn't have ever have gotten this far without it." Wind Man told him. "You can come whenever you want; I'm going to go there now. Wind Man opened the door to leave; Talsk followed him without a moment's hesitation.


"Are you sure you don't want to stay and help them out? We could use an additional team member." Dr. Limbic told the man in the brown jacket. The man still wore his tattered and worn brown jacket and jeans. He had dirty black hair, sand was apparent in it as well as his brown eyes and very dark tan skin.

"No... I can't be in a city, not anymore. They should be fine on their own." The man told her.

"Would you at least tell me your name?" She asked him.

"My name?" The man looked down at his feet, almost lost in thought. A few moments later he looked up at her. "My name is Bikke." He told her before leaving. Through the same door Bikke left, Wind Man and Talsk entered.

"He's not going to stay?" Wind Man asked.

"No, he wouldn't say why either." Dr. Limbic said. "I've prepped the training facility, don't cause too much damage, we're on a budget after all."

"I could follow I'm and get him to join." Talsk told them.

"Forget it; if he wanted to join us it wouldn't take any convincing." Wind Man told him. Wind Man and Talsk entered the elevator and descended into the basement. In the basement they saw a large field, a dome was above them and the ground looked like normal terrain, dirt, small patches of grass, rocks, and the occasional tree all littered the landscape. "The training involves fighting one bi-pedal robot. However it's not as easy as it looks, we're going to put on two sets of weights, one set is just a normal pair of weights designed to build physical power; the other is a special set of weights that hinders our psychic energy." Wind Man explained.

"What..." was all Talsk could say.

"He means that your energy will be harder to use and you'll tire easier." Dr. Limbic said through an intercom. "Your psychic energy is different from all other psychics but I'm guessing the weights should do the same thing." Talsk still didn't know what she was talking about but he figured it wouldn't matter as long as he got stronger from it. They each put on a set of ten pound sand weights on each arm and leg. Then they put on a set of clear weight marked "2" on each arm and leg.

"Two pounds of weight?" Talsk asked.

"No, it's hard to explain, I don't even understand it. She designed a bunch of weights labeled one through five; each one is extremely heavy on our psychic energy. Two is actually very big, she'll activate them in a few minutes and you'll see what I mean." Wind Man attempted to explain. They heard a large clicking noise and then a loud humming noise. Their "2" weights started glowing blue. "Let's get started." Wind man said as two robots entered the arena. Talsk put his hands in the triangle formation and focused his energy, nothing appeared.

"What the hell is going on?!?" Talsk yelled.

"That's odd... the number 2 weights don't suppress my power that much...." Wind Man said.

"Interesting... his energy is so different the weights are responding differently, the number 2's are more like 4's. I should start working on a special set of weights for him." Dr. Limbic said to herself.

"Well I'll take care of them; you hurry up and summon your staff." Wind Man said. He attempted to fly up into the air but it was hindered to the point that he could merely float a few feet off the ground. He held his hand above his head with his fingers extended and brought it down releasing a very small version of the wind blade. The robot was hit, but didn't go down. Talsk keep focusing his energy to no avail. Meanwhile the robots were moving into firing range and Wind Man couldn't push them back, his gust attacks were too weak to move them. "We're running out of time and options here, how goes the staff?!?" Wind Man said.

"No good, I can't feel any of my energy, it's all backed up." Talsk said, still concentrating as hard as he could on the triangle formed by his fingers.

"Well I've been coming up with two new attacks, but... I don't think they'll be effective at all, the number 2 weights are stronger than I expected." Wind Man told him.

"So you mean to say you've never used these before?!?" Talsk yelled at him.

"The point of the weights is to be able to use your energy as easily as you can without the weights. I figured you would be as strong as me or more so I put you on the number 2 weights as well. But I'm starting to tire because of the ten pound weights. Anyway I'm going to try something desperate." Wind Man said. He put the palms of his hands facing outward at a 50 degree angel. He focused his energy and tried to swirl it. A small tornado was formed in his hand; it was the same color as the rest of his attacks because of how saturated the air was with his energy. The tornado didn't even leave his hands, however.
"Damnit, this is pointless, my other attack is a cluster of wind blades but I don't think that'll work either." Wind Man looked over at Talsk, there was a violent storm going on in the triangle made by his fingers. A large explosion and Talsk fell to the ground, his arm weights cracked off. In his hands however, was his staff.

"I've shut off the weights and the simulator, I'm coming down, don't move his body." Dr. Limbic told them. A few moments later the elevator opened and Dr. Limbic stepped out. She walked over to Talsk and looked down at him. "Hmmm... never mind the weights were more like 4.5 on him. I need to design a set of weights for him. I find that staff of yours fascinating, you hold it at the bottom and it can act as a staff or a sword, it seems like you just will it to happen." She said. 4.5! Wind Man thought. That's much higher than I've ever been!

"Is he going to be alright?" Wind Man asked her. Before she could answer Talsk opened his eyes and got up. He had cuts all over his arms.

"Heh, I actually did it." He said holding the staff in his hands.

"Well anyway, that's enough for today. I'm going to stay here and make some tune-ups and adjustments; you guys go ahead and get upstairs." She told them.

They complied; they both entered the elevator and hit the button labeled 4. "Hey Talsk."

"Yes?"

"Do you know how old you are?"

"Hmm... well if it's been three and a half years so I should be 20... yeah 20." He said. "What about you Wind Man?"

"Call me Peter, my name is Peter Molko. After all I'm not wearing my awesome suit anymore. Anyway, I'm 22 years old." He said. The elevator opened to a concerned Skie.

"Something bad is going on, two psychics have been on a rampage, it could be connected with yesterday's incident." She told them. Peter jumped out a window and took off.

"Damnit, he forgot me again!" Talsk said jumping out of the window. Talsk took off running as if he hadn't just jumped out of a window four stories high. Talsk's speed was amazing; he was actually catching up to Peter.

"Oh crap... I forgot, I don't know where we're going! And the com-link is busted!" Peter yelled out. He stopped to think; a few seconds later he was hit in the back of the head by Talsk.

"Stop leaving me behind asshole!" He yelled at him.

"Did you know where the target was?" He asked him.

"Why don't we just follow the trail?" Talsk said, pointing to a line or broken windows and charred sidewalk.


"Why don't you just give up." Someone said.

"Shut up." Bikke responded without a hint of anger. He raised his right arm, spun around 360 degrees and ducked. Seven rocks shot out of the ground like bullets.

"White lightning!" Someone else said. Out of this hands came white lightning, which broke the rocks to pieces, preventing them from hitting either of them.

"Black thunder!" the other man yelled. He clapped his hands and a large black wave shot towards, Bikke. It hit him head on, sending him hurtling backwards into a wall. He hit the wall with a thud but still managed to get up. That's when Peter and Talsk showed up.

"I thought you didn't want to help us." Talsk said smiling.

"I don't, these bastards attacked me as I was leaving the city."

"Enough, let's finish these new ones too." One of them said. Talsk looked at them, there were two of them one with dark skin covered in white robes and wore white tinted glasses. The other one had pale skin with a black robes and black tinted glasses. The one in black was slightly wider than the one covered in white. Talsk created the flames and put the pole together almost in one instant. Peter extended his index and middle fingers and fired slashed the air, causing multiple wind blades to fire at the targets.

"I got this one." The one covered in black said. "Black thunder!" he yelled and clapped his hands together. The black ripple crashed through the wind blades, negating them. The black ripple hit Peter through the glass door that he, Bikke, and Talsk were standing in front of. Talsk charged forward but was blown back by a combination of the black wave and electrical shock. Bikke fired his earth bullets at the duo.

"White lightning!" the one in white said frying the bullets. The one in black clapped his hands, sending a black ripple at Bikke. He raised the ground in front of him three times in an attempt to stop the ripple. The ripple did in fact stop after the third barrier was destroyed. The one in white fired an electric blast, Bikke leapt out of the way only to have another ripple come after him. Talsk ran in from the right, trying to get close enough to hit them. The one in black fired a ripple; Talsk created the shield and attempted to push the ripple, to no avail. Neither one of them gained ground but the one in white shot lightning at Talsk's feet, taking them out and overwhelming him with the black ripple. Talsk managed to recover but he was bleeding all over his arms and legs. The ground beneath Talsk moved and shot him toward Bikke and the now recovered Peter. Talsk landed on Peter.

"Get off me." Pete said pushing him off him.

"This is getting boring." The one in black said.

"Agreed." The other told him.

"Why aren't we able to beat them..." Talsk said saddened.

"It's not our strength, each one of us can beat them individually but, it's a team battle. They're more coordinated than we are, any plans?"

"I have one..." Peter said, he began whispering to them.

"Let's put and end to this." The one in white said.

"Let's." the one in black responded. They fired a black ripple and some white lightning, respectively. Bikke, Peter, and Talsk scattered. Peter and Bikke stopped; Peter cupped his hands and began concentrating his energy. He fired a straight tornado at them.

"That all you got?" The one in black said, stepping in front of the one in white. He clapped his hands, sending a black ripple that disrupted the tornado. The one in black smiled, though you wouldn't know because of the cloth covering his mouth. He didn't notice the rock bullets inside the tornado. "Shit, white, you got this one." He said. White jumped from behind Black and fired his white electricity at the rocks.

"Nothing to worry about." He said, and then Talsk jumped him. Talsk smashed downward, sending White's head into the ground. He then slashed at Black, who dodged the attack, only to get hit by some of the rock bullets. He fell to the ground, bleeding from the blunt trauma. White got up and fired lightning at Talsk, he jumped out of the way. White and Black began running, only to be stopped by a man. The man had black hair, a black shirt, a tan-yellow jacket, blue jeans, and sunglass. He also had a big smile on his face.

"I can't believe he came." Peter said. Bikke and Talsk both looked at him.

"You know him?" Bikke said.

"Of course, let's leave the rest to him, we're all in poor condition. Besides I want to see how much he's improved." Peter said with a smirk.

"Get out of our way!" White said.

"Nah." The man said still smiling.

"Then perish." Black said. The man created a red ball and a black ball, one in each hand. He threw his red ball at Black. Black tried to clap his hands and white shot the ball with his energy. The ball exploded, and a red goo came out, still flying at black. Black's hands made contact with each other, but the red good stuck between his hands, preventing him from making the ripple appear.

"You bastard." White said looking at black. He fired some lightning at the man who just kept smiling. He ran towards the lightning, at the last second he lobbed the black ball over the lightning and rolled out of the way. The ball exploded right above White's head, distracting him. Then five red balls hit him, sticking him to the ground. Another seven balls held black down.

"Heh, you've improved a lot, I never expected you to improve this much. Come on, let's call the police and get back to HQ, I'll explain everything there." Peter said, walking past the man who was still smiling. The four of them, Bikke included, left the area.

"Get back here! Get back here damnit! You will regret this day... man in the sunglasses, you will regret the day you screwed White Lightning and Black thunder!" They both said as the four walked away, out of their sight. The cops arrived soon thereafter to take the two of them into custody.


"They've got another member..." Shadow said looking over everything that happened. "I still don't understand why we didn't just kill them." Shadow said into the com-link.

"Because then we won't learn anything, and I need to know something about that special psychic. Continue observation." The voice on the other side said.

"Will do." Was all shadow said. "For now...."
_________________________________________________________________

Sorry it took me two weeks to update. I had to catch up on all my other stories: Agent Angel, The Immortal Dead (formerly Never-ending War), and Ancient Grudge: War of the Empire. Check them out!
Sign up to rate and review this story