Categories > Original > Fantasy > Age of Psychics

Episode Five: New Blood

by Nessrox444 0 reviews

Hurray, 20th story uploaded! Both sides recruit new members. A battle royale ensues.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-04-25 - Updated: 2007-04-26 - 2718 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I created all these characters, the plot, the setting, the story, everything about this story short of the English language was created by me. Never use this story/idea and
claim it as your own. Enjoy!

I'm going to keep writing regardless but I would appreciate reviews. I'm not going to hold my story hostage for reviews but I will ask that you send me feedback. So please, send me feedback.

__________________________________________________________________

Episode Five: New Blood

__________________________________________________________________

"Damnit, damnit I've been cheated, let go of me you bastard I need to get revenge, let go damnit!" White yelled struggling against his restraints.

"Just shut up and get in your cell, you're going to be here a long time." The guard told White, shoving both him and Black into their cells. In the room were Alex, Dusti, Ace, White, and Black.

"I was wronged by those bastards!" White yelled going to the energy shield at the front of his cell.

"Yeah, we were all wronged, just shut up." Alex said uncaring and staring at a wall.

"When I get my hands on those two I'm going to tear them in half!" Dusti yelled.

"Wait who are you guys talking about? Was one of them Wind Man" Black asked.

"It seems we were all wronged by the same people, but it doesn't matter, we're not getting out of here so we can't do anything about it." Ace said getting up and walking towards the door.

"Oh really?" A deep voice said as the room started becoming dark. "If I offered you the freedom you seek, would you be willing to take orders from me, orders that would see you killing every member of Wind Man's crew?"

"I'm willing to do anything to be free of this damn cell" Alex said.

"Revenge, heheheh, I'll kill them all!" Dusti said before half mumbling and going into a rant.

"Fine." Was all ace said.

"What about you two?" The man asked.

"What say you Black?" White said.

"I'm alright with it."

"Fine but I get to kill the guy with the shades."

"Then it's settled, I'll break you out. In exchange you'll follow my plan exactly." Shadow said lifting up a stolen set of keys.



"And what's your power?" Peter said through the intercom. He and the rest of the team as well as Dr. Limbic and Skie were all sitting in a small room above a small arena where they were interviewing potential team members.

"Well..." the man said clapping his hands together. A gold aura surrounded him and two people cloned out of him. They were the exact same in every way.

"He could be essential to the team, what do you guys think?" Dr. Limbic said. Before anyone said anything the clones dissolved and the original passed out.

"..." was all they thought.

"This is completely pointless!" Peter yelled getting out of his seat.

"I agree, this isn't what I thought of when I heard the term 'recruiting drive'". Talsk said.

"Hey guys chill out, he wasn't that bad." The man in sunglasses said, still smiling. His name was Scott Scabo, he's an old friend of Peter's (who is Wind Man if you recall). Scott also happened to be twenty-two.

"But all of the other's were just as worthless. Most who actually had real powers weren't developed enough to help us at all. We should end the recruiting drive, it's just not worth all the crap we have to go through." Peter said leaving the room. Talsk, Bikke, and Scott followed. They went to the living quarters on the fourth floor, they entered Peter's room, making small talk along the way. In the room they saw a man with a plain white T-shirt with plain black paints and black shoes. This man had brown eyes and black hair.

"Can I help you?" Peter said.

"Oh I see you met your new operative. His name is Cid Bartz, his power if remarkable. The chief wants him to be here. He's a prisoner, in exchange for joining your group he won't be charged for his crimes. Oh and one more thing, there was a jail break, the list of people were psychics you guys busted in the past week, I want one of you to personally investigate. Good bye." One of the lab coat wearing workers said.

"I'll go." Peter said opening the nearest window.

"I'll be your back up, let's go!" Scott said, still smiling widely.



Peter and Scott arrived at the scene with Peter manipulating the wind to allow Scott to travel faster while simultaneously concentrating on fling. Police had locked the area down. When the police saw them they let them in without a word. Inside the jail they found the compound trashed. The force field generators that were used to hold the inmates in were completely destroyed. The tiles on the floor and ceilings were torn and thrown around the room. Most of the lights were shattered.

"It was obviously an inside job." Peter said.

"My thoughts exactly. This scene looks fake, the guards didn't even notice until all of them were gone. They must have coordinated the destruction of the room. Then they left through the ceiling, how cliché." Scott replied smiling a little less.

"Guys we have a problem." Talsk said running in.

"Wait how the hell did you get here?" Peter asked.

"I walked.... Anyway I was told to find you and give you this map. Apparently the people who broke out of here have decided to tell us where they are." Talsk said handing Peter a map.

"There are four places circled on the map." Peter said showing the map to Scott. "They're going to divide and conquer, who's going where?" Peter asked. Talsk pointed to locations on the map to where each member was going.

"Oh yeah, when we were contacted they took special interest with you Scott, you're supposed to go here." Talsk said pointing at a spot on the map. They broke off and went to each location.



"You will be my apprentice, your illusions are not yet fully developed. Now watch and learn, this is supposedly the final test, a test of our own skill as well as the improved skill of our opponents. After this test we'll kill them all." Shadow explained to his new apprentice, Ace.

"Why not just kill them now? We could beat them." Ace said.

"Both me and my master do not believe we will defeat them, at least not yet. The people I broke out of jail, including you, are just thugs. They lack the formal training and discipline my master and I share. They will no doubt lose every fight. After this test we will train them and refine them. They'll be much stronger, now let us watch, this should be interesting."



Scott arrived in a scrap yard at the edge of town twenty minutes after departing from the group. He wasn't surprised to find out that his opponent was White. White stood on top of a pile of scrap metal.

"Greetings man in the sunglasses." White said.

"My name is Scott Scabo." Scott said.

"I don't care, I'm just going to kill you, I hope you take it very personally, I HATE YOU!" he yelled jumping in the air and throwing lightning bolts everywhere....



Talsk arrived just beyond the city limits in a wide open field. It took him little more than ten minutes with his incredible muscle endurance (though for a normal person it would have taken thirty). He didn't see his opponent but he heard a large boom. He jumped out of the way behind a large rock and saw a black sonic wave hit the ground where he once stood. Another boom sounded, the rock he was behind blew up. He looked behind him to see Black Thunder, staring at him emotionlessly. Talsk put his hands together and summoned his flames....



Peter went to his destination, a clearing of abandoned houses outside of town. He split from the group ten minutes earlier. Before he could touch down an arm hit him in the chest. Peter shot like a bullet, hit the ground and began rolling before hitting a rock and coughing up blood.

"Hello again, I'm so fortunate to get to kill the man that ruined me." Alex said coming out from behind a rock....



Bikke arrived at his destination, forty minutes after the split. He arrived at a large cliff face with virtually no vegetation in sight. Rock was everywhere, he was met with screaming. Arms stretched and hit various points near him but Bikke lifted a large wall of rock to shield him from the oncoming attacks....



"You know what happened last time right?" Scott said with a slight smile while dodging the bolts

"You better take me seriously damnit!" White shot lightning all over the place. Scott focused on dodging, hiding behind large piles of scrap. Each time a shot was fired Scott would just go hide behind another pile.

"You bastard, you bastard, you bastard! I'll kill you!" he said firing lighting everywhere, no longer aiming.

He lost his cool, it's over Scott thought. He created a red ball in his right hand and a black ball in his left. He threw the black ball, White shot it with a bolt, detonating it. The red ball was thrown after, with the smoke from the black bomb concealing it. The ball hit White in the chest. Lightning fell off the pile of scrap he was on. Scott dove into the open and threw several more balls, completely ensnaring him.

"It's over." Scott said walking up to White.

"Shadow sent me here because of the metal, he said I could use it to advantage. Time to die!" he yelled struggling against the restrains. Scott jumped back. He's releasing an extremely large amount of energy, the restraints are even beginning to crack. Scott thought as the solid red goo began cracking and the liquid part began squirming. The goo restraints began to stretch and then suddenly it exploded! White did a back flip onto a large scrap pile. He raised his hands and released more lightning energy. He fired it in all directions. He's going to try to use his energy to throw this scrap at me, if he can do that it's over, I must finish this now Scott thought materializing a black ball and a red ball. He threw the black ball, it got shot by lightning. "I'm not falling for that again!" White yelled shooting a much large blast of energy through the smoke.

"Classic misdirection." Scott said to himself as red balls hit and restrained White once more. Scott walked up to White.

"How...?" White said.

"I knew you'd know that I'd try to hit you with my sticky bombs after I threw the first bomb so I decided to lob them underhand into the air above the cloud. This time you won't break out though." Scott said materializing a black ball and hitting White in the face with it. "Now I've got to de-energize this scrap." He said materializing lots of sticky bombs and throwing them everywhere. The scrap was de-energized as the rubber-like coating stuck to the scrap. Scott fell to his knees sweating and panting. I need to rest, I've used too much energy.



Another easy victory, Bikke defeated the four armed man with ease. The arms broke pieces of the rock. Bikke shot rock bullets at him, hitting him and knocking him back into a wall. Bikke thought he had won but his dreams were quickly shattered when the man was even more enraged and punching more sporadically than before. Bikke had little time to create a barrier so he fell to the ground, effectively dodging all of the man's attacks. He didn't even realize that he was missing, he was too angry to notice and the flurry of fists and arms clouded his vision from the ducking Bikke. Bikke finished it easily, he dug under the ground by moving all the rock in his way. When he was under eight arms he jumped out and coated his right arm in rock. He punched him in the face, smashing it against a large rock that was behind him, knocking him unconscious.



Alex was relentless. The arm keep punching, missing Peter most of the time but still managing to tire him out. Soon Peter tripped and got hit by the arm, four times. Blood exploded out of his mouth, his organs were bleeding internally. Alex stood over him ready with a knife drawn.

"You could never defeat me, without your friend you can't even hurt me." Alex said confidently.

"Actually I've been working on a way to defeat you. I think I know how too." Peter said smiling weakly.

"Oh, and how is that?" Alex said with a smirk.

"Attack your real body." Peter said thrusting his hand into Alex's stomach. A whirlwind shot from his hand, propelling Alex into the air. Alex hit the ground with a thud. He got up and launched his arm while Peter dodged or shot wind blades at him, which Alex dodged. They kept fighting for seven more minutes. Finally Alex came up with a plan, an unusual thing for him to do. By now the terrain was destroyed by their constant fighting, the abandoned houses started crumbling. Alex thrust his spirit arm forward while Peter fired more wind blades while dodging the arm. Alex took the blades, taking cuts to his shoulders.

"Giving up?" Peter said panting and bleeding.

"Not quite." He said as the arm shot out of the ground upper cutting him

"It's over for real this time." Alex said slamming the arm into Peter to finish it. Before he could connect he was cut across the check and his legs were kicked from out of him.

"You're easy to get close enough to defeat, how pathetic." Peter looked up to see who saved him, it was Cid. His right arm was a full length blade with his fingers sticking out of the bottom.

"Watch out!" Peter yelled but it was too late the arm hit him in the head ad he fell to the ground. His sword reverted back to his arm. Alex walked over with his knife drawn.

"I don't know who you are, but you are too cocky and much too weak." Alex said on top of him. Cid looked at Alex. Alex was shocked to see his once brown eyes were red.

"Now you've pissed me off!" he yelled. His arm turned into a large blaster cannon. He fired, engulfing Alex and the whole area. All the abandoned houses were leveled in a large radius of where they were. Alex was unconscious, his head was almost cracked open and his clothing was ripped in many places and caked with blood. The battle was over.



Thunder and Talsk were at a stalemate. Talsk shielded himself but couldn't move closer to attack while Black couldn't hit Talsk. Nothing happened for ten minutes. A man walked up to Talsk.

"I've come to help." He said. The man was covered in metal. He charged through the blast wave, the metal came off of his skin and formed a shield to defend against the blast. He ran through it while firing metal spikes at Black. It hit him in the chest and Black was over.

"Stop!" Talsk yelled. Stopping the man from killing Black. "That's not how we do things.

"Fine" the man said, retracting his blades temporarily.




"We've scouted the enemies' strengths and weaknesses. We can now move forward with the plan, I'll bust them out again and we'll get to work. One thing I should note though, keep an eye on that sunglasses wearing man, he has an incredible power."

"I see, excellent. Let's finish this, send your apprentice to bust out the inmates using the tracking devices we planted on each of their bodies."

"Why not me?"

"Because I have a job for you. You and Lyra."

"Yes?"

"Bring that strange psychic to me, kill the rest."

"Will do."

__________________________________________________________________

You should remember appearances and age, this information can be found in other chapters. I also plan on making a character overview and update that constantly. (This is true for all other episodes).
Sign up to rate and review this story