Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

I really like Mel, and I'm willing to risk my face for her.

by aznfoblover 5 reviews

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-07 - Updated: 2007-03-08 - 844 words

0Unrated
~~~~~
Mikey's POV

"Um, Ray," I started out. Ray shook his head forcefully.

"Don't tell me that this isn't what it looks like. You two have been doing this behind my back," he said angrily.

"Ray, I really think we should do this somewhere else," Mel warned through clenched teeth.

"No! I think we should do this right here, right now! So tell me, how long have you two been together?" he asked in a mock serious tone. This is not going well.

"Ray, let me just explain-" I started.

"Oh I'd love to hear this, Way," he said sarcastically. I coughed nervously.

"Mel and I are together, and I-I-" I started stuttering. Just get this out, Mikey. "I think we should be able to make our own decisions," I said quickly. Mel looked at me, a small smile playing about her lips. Ray just seemed to swell.

"Well, Way, I happen to think that you aren't good enough for my little sister," he said. I tried not to cower.

"You don't think that after years of being your friend and months of being your bandmate that I've proven myself worthy of anything to you?" I asked. OK, I probably said it defensively and loudly, but that's beside the point. Ray actually backed down now that I was standing up for myself. "You know, I don't usually fight for what I want, or try to prove myself to anyone for anything, but this is completely different. I really like Mel, and I'm willing to risk my face for her." I said. I quickly took off my glasses and put them safely in my pocket. Ray didn't move. Mel didn't move. We just stood there for a while.

"Come on guys, work it out later!" came Bob's voice. He was getting nervous too from the way his voice was more high-pitched than normal.

"You know what? We're done here," Mel said. "I'm going to date whoever the hell I want, Ray, and I don't care what you say. Mikey is wonderful, and I could care less if you don't approve. Just deal with it." She grabbed my hand and dragged me through the door, leaving Ray in stunned silence. She continued to drag me until she found an empty room. I had somehow managed to put my glasses back on.

"Thank you for standing up for us back there," she said softly. I embraced her and kissed her passionately. "Well, I was looking for a you're welcome, but that'll do too," she giggled when we broke apart. I smiled too.

"I've got to go play. Meet me back in here when we're done?" I asked. She smiled and kissed me. "I was looking for a yes, but that'll do too," I said, making her giggle again.

"I'll be on the side of the stage during your set. Be good, and don't go too near to Ray," she said. I nodded and left. She followed some time after so as not to arouse the suspicions of Frank and Bob.

We played a pretty good set, but Ray kept sending me strange looks. I just looked off to the side whenever he did and saw Mel smiling and dancing as she met my eyes.
It made me happy to know that I could do that to someone. After the show, Ray pulled me aside. Mel had already gone, and I was scared he would punch me.

"Get rid of the frightened rabbit look. It doesn't suit you," he joked. I sighed, relieved. "But if you hurt her, you'll wish that the frightened rabbit look will help defend you. Got it?" he asked in a menacing voice. I nodded, terrified. Ray laughed. "I'd rather have you be with her than some jerk," he said seriously, clapping me on the back. I thanked him and put my stuff away in the trailer. I found Mel in the room, pacing and looking worried.

"You know, that look doesn't really suit you," I said softly. She turned and ran to me, kissing me when she finally made it into my open arms.

"I was so worried he'd kill you. I saw you two alone, but I didn't want to say anything," she said. "What happened?" I told her everything that happened, and she laughed. "I'm so relieved. I knew he'd come around eventually." We walked out to see the rest of the show, keeping our fingers laced the entire way.

"When did this happen?" Frank asked as soon as we came into their line of vision. Everyone but him laughed, including Bob.

"Anyone with eyes could see this coming a mile away, Frankie boy. Didn't you see him making lovey-dovey eyes at her the entire show?" Bob asked.

"I thought those were for me. I was going to have a serious talk with him after the show," he said, causing everyone to burst into laughter again.

~~~~~

A/N: Does anyone even read this anymore? Reviews keep the story alive. If I don't get any reviews, I'm going to stop writing this one.
Sign up to rate and review this story