Categories > Original > Fantasy > Guardian

Guardian

by Momi 1 review

Read to find out. This is my original story that I'm hopeing to one day publish, so please help me out here and review it for me and tell me what you think. I mean even if you hate it tell me. Just...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-03-07 - Updated: 2007-03-08 - 932 words

-1Cliche
Skylar Lynn was your average high school girl. She loved to sing and draw, hang out with her friends, skateboard, listen to music, etc. She was a great student always making mostly A's and a few B's, her teachers loved her and so did her fellow classmates. Her life at home was a different story. That's why she moved into best friends' apartment building. She had been living there for about a year now and was happier than she had been in a long time. She felt as if her life was finally beginning to mellow out and become a slight bit normal. Fate, however, had something else in store for the fifteen year old.
It was almost midnight on Friday and Skylar was fast asleep her chest rising and falling at a slow and calming pace. The moonlight from her window fell gently across her pale milky skin, illuminating her slightly. Her long curly mid-back length fiery red hair was sprawled over her light green pillow. She had a very angelic look to her as she slept peacefully into the night. However, that peace was about to be horribly disturbed.
Outside the small room a humanoid creature landed gracefully on her patio, its cold black eyes passed over the room until they landed on the sleeping teen. He opened the door and quietly stalked over to the girl and stood over her. As he drew his sword he noticed her start to wake as her eyes fluttered open to reveal two stunning sapphires. Looking up Skylar saw the creature and drew back in fear. "W-who ar-are you? W-what are you?"
The creature smirked widely, grabbed her, threw her on the floor, and drew up the sword above his head, replying, more to himself than the stunned Skylar.
"Finally, finally I have found his Heart! Now I can eliminate him!" With that he swung down the sword hard. Skylar screamed, squeezed her eyes shut and turned her head away, throwing her arms up in attempt to deflect the attack.
Out of no where, Skylar felt someone hold her tight and, not even a second later, she heard the clash of steel against steel. Slowly she opened her eyes, scared of what she might see. There was a boy about a year older than her with one arm around her waist, holding her close, the other wielding a Katana, easily deflecting the creatures attack.
"Damn!" the creature cursed, glaring at the boy.
"You should no better than to attack my Heart. Go back to your master and tell him to leave us alone if he knows what's good for him." The boy's voice was deep and cold, sending chills down not only the creature before them, but also Skylar.
The creature grunted and backed away, "My master will not be persuaded that easily by the likes of you, boy! We will be back and we will destroy you!" With that the creature disappeared in a wisp of smoke and was gone.
The boy sat there with Skylar in his arms glaring at the place where the creature once stood. Slowly the boy turned back to the frightened girl and released her. "W-who are y-you?" she asked.
The boy smiled gently and said, "Your Guardian and you are my Heart."
"I don't know what that means. What's your name?" she asks again.
"Oh, Vycter Nakumo," he relied with a goofy grin.
Skylar looked at the boy before her. He had shaggy shoulder length silver hair, his eyes were a teal colour that seemed to glow mysteriously. Vycter wore long black pants and black boots to match. He wore a white tank top and a long black trench coat. Both of his ears were pierced; his left had two gold hoops and his right was pierced with a silver hoop in the top cartilage and three lower silver hoops. His skin was pale like hers and he wore a thick silver chain around his neck.
"What do you mean I'm your Heart?" Skylar asked. Volly looked at her a second trying to decide how to word his reply.
"If you die, then I die. Your heart and mine are intertwined. My job is to protect you, it has been since the day you were born. If you're hurt, I will feel your pain and vies-versa. Does that make any sense?" he asks gently, his voice and eyes filled with concern.
Skylar sat there on her bedroom carpet in complete shock and confusion. She had no idea what he was talking about, what was going on or anything. She just wanted to go back to sleep, just wanted to go back to being normal, to think and know that this is all just a really bad dream.
"Skylar, are you okay?" Skylar looked up shocked once more that this boy, Vycter, would know her name. "I know your name because I've know you since you were born." He was still grinning goofily as he seemed to always do.
"But that's not possible. You couldn't have known me because I don't know you!" she exclaimed. "So how does that work?" she finishes a bit softer.
Vycter didn't reply right away. He could see that she was tired and needed to sleep. She was confused and that was evident. Placing a hand gently on her face he stroked her cheek softly. "I'll tell you in the morning. You have enough to think over. For now sleep."
"But I-"
Vycter cut her off by picking her up and laying her in the bed. "Sleep, you're going to need it."
Sign up to rate and review this story