Categories > Theatre > Wicked > Dancing Through Life

Chapter Two

by Phantom_Reader 1 review

Galinda and Fiyero meet for their project and Galinda proves that she does have some brains.

Category: Wicked - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Fiyero, Galinda - Published: 2007-03-08 - Updated: 2007-03-09 - 520 words

0Unrated
Later that afternoon, Galinda sat on her bed; giving herself her weekly pedicure when the phone rang. She picked it up and held it between her shoulder and her head. "Hello, room 22. This is Galinda speaking." It was probably Boq. Galinda sighed; he was always calling her. But then again, she was used to him calling her all the time. So she was surprised when she heard the voice on the other line. "Hello, Galinda? It's Fiyero." Galinda nearly dropped her brush. Fiyero?! She hadn't expected him to call. So she adapted her sweetest tone of voice.

"Why, Fiyero. I hadn't expected someone like you to call little, old me."

"Oh, you were expecting a call?" He sounded disappointed. "Well then, I might as well hang up."

He was just about to get off the phone when Galinda cried, "No! Uhh...I mean, no. I wasn't expecting a call. If you aren't busy, I'd be glad to talk to you."

"Well, I don't exactly have time to talk right now. I was hoping we could agree on a place to meet after classes are over to discuss our history project. Can you think of somewhere?"

"Uhh..." Galinda faltered as she glanced around the room. She smiled when her eyes fell on a stack of Elphaba's library books. "How about the library?" She suggested; pleased to have thought of a smart answer. "It's nice and quiet and a perfect place to make ou- I mean, study."

"Sounds great. I'll see you there at 2:30?" He said. Galinda glanced up at the clock; it was already 1:30, she would only have an hour to get ready. "Okay, I'll meet you there at 2:30."

"Okay, later."

"Bye." She hung up and proceeded to paint her nails; thinking of what she should wear when a thought suddenly struck her. She didn't even know where the library was! She looked back over at Elphaba's books. But she did know someone who went there all the time. "Elphie!"

It was an hour later, and Galinda stood waiting impatiently in front of the library.

"Fiyero, where are you?" She wondered. "We said we meet at 2-"

"Galinda!" Galinda looked up to see Fiyero quickly coming towards her. "Sorry I'm late." He apologized. "Come on, let go study." Fiyero then took Galinda's small, lily-white hand in his large, slightly calloused one and gently pulled her into the giant building.

"Okay, now what page is that on?" Fiyero asked as he flipped through the worn page of a giant book on the History of Oz.

"Uh, I think its page 163." She tried to answer from memory. She remembered the times when she was younger; she would often look over her father's shoulder to see what history book he was reading. And now, as she was looking through this particular book, all the memories of her childhood flooded back to her. "Yep, here it is." Fiyero smiled. Galinda smiled too, that's the second time that day that she appeared smart! "Well, now that we found something, let's get started!" She exclaimed loudly. Fiyero looked at her for a moment and nodded slowly. "Okay...let's."
Sign up to rate and review this story