Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Reason to Dance

chapter seven

by Tataru 2 reviews

Where Inuyasha gets a little Kagome and Sesshomaru gets green goo.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 1852 words

1Original
If anyone had ever dared say that he would allow some happy-go-lucky-free-spirit-hippy-chick, pick out his clothes for him, he would have laid waste to them on the spot. So why did he, Sesshomaru, walk behind said girl with a happy smirk on his face? What was it about her that he enjoyed so much?

Of course, she had a killer body. But was that it? Just lust? He watched her as she spoke. She was so animated and involved when she told a story or a joke that she would crack herself up. It was very endearing.

No. It was defiantly not lust. Yes, he would admit he did crave her, but that was not all there was. She smiled at him so easily and without realizing it, he would smile back at her. Had he wore his emotionless mask around her once since last night? The cool exterior he was so famous for, the one that kept others away, made him untouchable, seemed to melt away in her presence. He found himself, in such a short period, like a 24-hour period in fact, wanting to be himself around her. She made him feel, without even trying to do it, accepted and equal. He inwardly shook his head. Was he so desperate for a real relationship that he was fostering all his hopes and dreams on this poor girl? He did not even know if she liked him as anything other than a friend.

A shirt held expertly against his chest brought him back to reality.

"This is perfect." Kagome exclaimed exited as she tugged, and pulled in a couple of spots to make sure of the fit before dashing off to the counter to make her purchase.

Before Sesshomaru could register what she was doing, she presented him with the bag.

"You're wearing this today, now go put it on." She commanded playfully.

"And if I refuse?"

She seemed to take this as a challenge for she approached him slowly, a sly smile curving her lips as she eyed him from head to toe. Meeting his eyes she said, "Why on earth would you refuse such a simple request?"

He took the bag and turned quickly away. Heading toward the changing rooms, he did not turn to look at her. Knowing that if he did, she would be standing there wearing a triumphant smirk.

When he returned, her brows knit together in a look of disappointed which surprised him greatly. She had picked the shirt out herself didn't she like it? She came to him immediately and pulled the shirt out of his pants before proceeding to unbutton several of the wooden buttons from the top so the shirt left his upper chest exposed. Next, she unbuttoned the cuffs so the shirt had a much more flowing look. He noticed she wore her own shirt in the same fashion.

"That's much better." She turned him to look at his image in the mirror. It wasn't a look he would choose himself; however, it did suit him. The soft white cotton shirt hung loosely and his exposed chest showed how well developed his pectorals were.

If Inuyasha saw him dressed like this, he would never hear the end of it. His little brother was one to show off his body at every available opportunity.

"You should wear white more," Kagome spoke thoughtfully. "It suits you."

He replied while arching a silvery brow. "Black is a more imposing color."

"No. White makes you look more impressive, almost regal."

"Regal huh?" He responded, somewhat mockingly. "So does that mean you'll be on your knees before me?"

She blushed deeply. When she met his gaze, he could not help but laugh aloud.

It was the first time Kagome had ever heard him laugh so easily and the site endeared him to her even more. If a smile on Sesshomaru was a heart thumping experience, a laugh was heart stopping. She recovered quickly and gave him a slap on the arm along with a good hentai comment before she noticed they had drawn the attention of several people in the shop. Sesshomaru hooked his arm around Kagome's neck and pulled her into him. He buried his face in her hair and whispered huskily, "You get any redder you'll catch fire."

Kagome latched onto him and buried her face into the side of his chest, almost loosing herself in his cool clean scent.

As Sesshomaru pulled her outside, he could not help but feel light hearted. All his stress seemed to melt in her presence. Was it unusual for two people who barely knew one another to become so easy with each other in such a short amount of time? Most girls he knew would always try to act the way they felt he wanted them to act. The artificial airs they would put on for his benefit always turned him off. Kagome on the other hand seemed so honest and playful. She was easy to talk to and tease and enjoyed simple things like hot tea while walking along the water. She was also bossy and messy. In addition, stingy when it came to anything chocolate. She was perfectly imperfect and he was enjoying every minute of it.

"What was that?" Sesshomaru looked down onto Kagome's upturned face. He was so lost in his own thoughts he was not sure if he heard her correctly.

"Do you want to do shots?"

Was she serious? He never pegged her as a drinker. After all, she had not taken a drop the night before; He gave her a quizzical look.

"You want to go drinking?"

"NO, silly. Wheatgrass shots." He looked confused so she elaborated. Rolling her eyes, she pointed to their right, "At the juice bar."

"Ah." He said, realizing what she meant. Of course, the thought of drinking grass did not sound very appealing. Visions of him sucking on a lawnmower sprang unbidden to his mind and he scrunched his face with a look that clearly said 'eeeew.'

She gave him a withering look and pulled him into the shop. It was a pleasant little shop with a bar to sit at with a couple of stools in front of the large window overlooking the outside mall. They both inhaled the fresh produce scent of the shop. Sesshomaru watched the workers busy themselves with their order, preparing two shots of wheatgrass and two chasers of papaya juice. The whole time he watched he half listened to Kagome going on and on about the health benefits of drinking wheatgrass. He just could not seem to listen to her as he watched the worker put long shoots of grass into a grinder and proceed to collect the dark green liquid that came from it.

She could not possibly be serious about drinking that stuff. Could she? It must be a joke. Right? He was starting to get nervous. What if he hurled all over her? She would never speak to him again. Oh.. hell.

Kagome had not noticed he had not been listening to her at all. Wheatgrass juice was one of her favorites and it had been months since she was able to enjoy it. When she finally turned to him, she noticed his look of revulsion and she scoffed.

"You have to at least try it once. I promise it's not as bad as your thinking it is."

"I seriously doubt that." To cover his unease he slipped easily back into his cool manner.

She caught on to that one though. "Are you afraid?" She asked mockingly. That got him. He shot her a glare that should have sent her running but all she did was smile at him. Damn.

"I fear nothing." He stated as he reached for the shot glass filled to the brim with the offending deathly green liquid.

Kagome picked up her glass and clinked it to his before downing the contents in one shot, following it up with the fruit juice. Not to be outdone, Sesshomaru followed suit. As soon as the wheatgrass hit is tongue, he wanted to gag. He gulped quickly and grabbed the papaya juice chaser and hopped it would erase the horrible taste from his tongue and memory. It didn't.

Sesshomaru was not amused as he walked out of the shop, closely followed by Kagome who had yet to stop her snorts and snickers. He was completely and thoroughly embarrassed. And the fruit juice wasn't doing a damn thing to erase the memory of the vile drink.

"I'm glad my discomfort amuses you so." He said coolly. He felt odd taking that kind of tone with her; it just didn't feel right to him for some reason.

"I'm sorry Sessho-kun." He gave her a withering look. She certainly didn't look sorry with those lovely mirth filled eyes. "I promise to make it up to you." She declared easily.

"And how do you propose to do that."

"You name it, you got it."

She obviously had no idea what she just got herself into. A sly smirk spread its way across his features and he pulled her to a stop right in front of him, meeting her questioning gaze with his cocky one.

"Anything I wish?" His tone was low and deep, just for her ears only. The sound of it sent delightful shivers fluttering through her.

Sesshomaru cocked his head to the side and stroked his chin in a thoughtful matter, as if he was actually giving the idea serious thought. Kagome watched him with a smile playing on her lips. Her mood became almost vixen like as he made his demand. "A kiss."

"A kiss?"

He looked triumphant as he leaned nearer to her. "Yes. Just a simple...little...kiss."

Kagome thought for a moment before she answered. "Okay. One kiss coming right up."

He had not expected her to walk away at that moment and his ego was just a little stunned by it. He thought for sure she would kiss him then, what happened? He felt more then a little exposed and uncomfortable standing there all alone.

He did not have to wait for her long. She flounced up to him and dipped her fingers into a little pink and silver bag, withdrawing a single Hershey's Kiss chocolate candy. With flourish, she un-wrapped it and placed it before his lips.

She smiled as he opened his mouth to receive the treat. She brushed her fingers lightly across his bottom lip as she fed him. "Your wish is my command." She whispered.

Sesshomaru sucked on the chocolate and held her gaze. He liked what he saw there and took a chance. He made a move to kiss her. He only planned on a little kiss, just to see her response. However, her only response at that moment was a scream as Inuyasha scooped her into his arms.

"Don't worry Kagome!" Inuyasha declared in his most heroic voice. "I'll save you from that vile ice-king." With a triumphant smirk to his brother, he easily tossed her over his shoulder before sprinting off amidst her high-pitched protest.
Sign up to rate and review this story