Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Napoleon Complex

Busted

by blue-flame 4 reviews

You don't even know me

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-11 - Updated: 2007-03-11 - 695 words

1Insightful
By 9am Jamia was headed for work, and Mikey was headed to see Frank. Once he finally reached the nurse's station he was told Ray has already gone to check on Frank. As Mikey approached the door he could see Ray sat on a chair with his feet propped on Frank's bed, Frank's headphones in his ears as he filled in Frank's chart.
Upon seeing the door open Ray tore the headphones out and planted his feet on the floor.
"Busted"
"Hi Mikey. This looks bad doesn't it?"
"Nah, s'ok. I always listen to his music. Not like he's going to beat you up anyway, ha-ha"
"Yeah. Thanks. Right, what can I do for you this fine day?"
"How is he, any improvement?"
"Well he is still out of it, as you can see. He's stable and is much more responsive. He should be awake soon. Providing he can keep food down he can go home lunch tomorrow"
"Friday lunch traffic is a real bitch. Will he need to come back for a check-up or anything?"
"Ill go through all the do's, don'ts and follow up appointments tomorrow with you and Frank. More importantly right now is how are you?"
"Fine" Mikey's tone was less than polite, annoyed at what seemed like people constantly shoving their noses into his business. Jamia was a close friend, Ray he met 2 days ago.
"Have you ever seen the Italian Job?"
"Yes I know what fine means. Stupid film, how can they remake the Italian Job and not film it in Italy?"
"That's the problem with the film industry. There is no new talent coming through. Everyone just murders the classics with cgi and make millions off of the original films cult following whilst ultimately ruining the DVD industry. However engaging my interests in film will not get you out of my question. How are you?" Ray leaned casually against the bed, ankles crossed, oblivious to Mikey's shift in temperament.

"I'm f.....ok" Mikey was more than a little irritated by now.
"Look Mikey, I know your brother. I know what you went through with him" Mikey went to speak but Ray raised his hand. Mikey stiffened, pulling his shoulders back and crossing his arms in defiance. His pulse quickened as anger started to flow through his veins. "And I'm pretty sure this bought it all back based on how you looked when Frank came in here. I see people just like you Mikey, who keep everything bottled up. Eventually they self destruct and I don't want to see that happen to you"
"No you look. You don't even know me. You don't know what I'm thinking. You can't tell me what's good for me and what isn't. Don't try and analyze me nurse Toro"
Ray winced at the venom laced in Mikey's voice, but tried his best to sound calm as he talked to the intimidating man.
"Mikey, calm down. I just don't want you to go down the same road as your brother"
"What the fuck do you know about him? You weren't there when he disappeared for days at a time and couldn't remember where he'd been. You weren't there when he passed out on the kitchen floor. You weren't there when he quit. What the fuck gives you the right to talk to me about my brother" Un-shed tears welled in his eyes. But he refused to cry. As his anger peaked he knew he had to get out of the room.

Mikey turned and stalked out of the hospital and straight to his car. Driving at least ten over the limit all the way until he swerved into the appointments lot and dumped his car over 2 bays. Blood still pounded in his ears as his anger swirled inside his head. Slamming his fist into all the doors between the lot and his room, Mikey dropped to his knees, grabbing a bottle of vodka from under his bed. Out of Gerard's site when he visited. Unscrewing the top, he took a long swig of the burning clear liquid. As the spirit entered his blood stream, the anger started to ebb. By 12 the bottle was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story