Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Napoleon Complex

Master of Puppets

by blue-flame 0 reviews

I knew she would forget to tell him

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-02 - 796 words

0Unrated
Ray walked into Frank's room to find him humming along to the mp3 player. Once Ray gave Frank a quick check over he explained what the plan of action was.
"So if I eat and don't have any more episodes I can go home tomorrow?" Frank said optimistically. He was stir crazy after just a few days and longed to be back in the apartment surrounded by his beloved guitar and bespectacled flat mate.
"Yes that's correct. Though you'll need to be back next week to remove the stitches in your head and you'll need complete rest for at least 3 weeks. No lifting, bending or stretching. And no running. You can wash your hair, but don't be too vigorous or you may rip your stitches."
"Yeah. I don't know how I'll survive 3 weeks of relaxation." Frank said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
"I'm sure you'll cope."
As Ray put the chart back Frank asked a question Ray was not looking forward to.
"Has Mikey been in today?"
Ray hated to lie, but Frank's reaction to the truth would do more harm.
"Yeah....I think he said he had some stuff to do but would be back later." Ray was less than convincing and he hated the way Franks entire body seemed scream hurt at his words.
"Oh, alright. Bye Ray." Said Frank dejectedly. He sat alone listening to Master of Puppets as the minutes slowly turned into hours.

X

Jamia finished work and stopped in at KFC to grab some tea. By 7 she was outside Mikey's apartment door. After knocking and waiting for several minutes she was loosing her patience. His car was in the lot. He had to be in; not being cruel but Mikey didn't know anyone in New Jersey anymore except her and Frank.
"Mikey!! Open up!" She yelled banging on the door.
She got out her mobile and called Mikey. Astro Zombies could be heard through the thin door, followed by shuffling and bangs of varying loudness.
"Hmm." Mikey answered, mind foggy from the enticing clear spirit.
"Mikey open your God damn door. I've been stood out here ten minutes now!"
"Which door? I can't see you." Mikey squinted through his mucky glasses, tripping over himself as he turned looking for a door.
"The front door..."
The shuffling grew louder as Mikey approached.
"Can't see you."
"Stop messing about and open the door." Irritation was more than evident as Jamia paced outside the door.

I swear if my chicken is cold I will ring his scrawny neck.

Mikey stared at the door, tying to remember how to open it. After finally releasing the catch, Jamia stormed in shoving an incredibly inebriated Mikey out of her way.
The strong scent of vodka hit her like a brick wall as she entered the apartment. There was clutter everywhere; anything that was supposed to be on a surface was now on the floor.
"Did someone break in and trash everything? It smells like a brewery in here." She said crinkling her nose in disgust.
"Doesn't."
Jamia looked around and spotted an empty bottle discarded on the floor and one half drained in Mikey's hand.
"Mikey. Please say you haven't drunk all that vodka." She asked with a sigh.
Mikey giggled manically as he took another long drink from the bottle he had in his hand before crashing onto the couch.

X

Mikey woke up in his bed to the worst hangover he could remember. He rolled over to find a note on his dresser next to a glass of water and tablets.

Mikey, hope you are suffering. What were you thinking getting that drunk? I left out some tablets and water, not that you deserve them. Take them. There is KFC in the fridge. I'll be round after work to talk about last night. I told Jeff you'd be off until Franks out so no need to call in.
Jamia


Mikey took the tablets and downed the water before turning over and going back to sleep.

X

"This is Mikey, leave a message beep."
"Mikes, where are you? Pick up you douche."
Gerard had been stood at the station for 20 minutes and was frozen dressed in just a hoody and jeans. He didn't have Jamia's phone number or Mikey's work number.

I knew she would forget to tell him

He couldn't deal with his mom alone so he couldn't call her for a lift and he didn't know anyone who still lived in Jersey. He scrolled through his phonebook trying to find Mikes work number when he landed on a name he was embarrassed to admit he forgot about. Pressing call he waited for him to pick up, shifting from foot to foot in a vain attempt to keep warm.
"Hello?"
"Hi Bob, its Gerard!"
Sign up to rate and review this story