Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Keep Your Memories In The Back of My Mind

Chapter One

by GiveMeRevenge 2 reviews

summaries spoil everything

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-12 - Updated: 2007-03-13 - 737 words

1Exciting
As I walked up the street to my best friend's house the wind howled at me loudly. The night breeze calmed me but that soon turned to panic when I heard a rustling in the bushes behind me. I quickened my pace and felt as if something was following me. I glanced behind me for only a second to find a dark hooded figure. I turned my back to it and kept walking. I was very close to my destination.
'When I reach the yard I'll make a run for it.' I thought. I looked back again to see the hooded body come closer. Finally it slowly lifted its head to where I could only see the gleaming white teeth it possessed formed into an evil grin.
"Are you scared little girl?" I furrowed my brow. The voice sounded so familiar. I walked to the figure and lifted the hood of my mystery stalker. When the hood was completely pulled back I smiled and shook my head.
"Gotcha!"
"I hate you Gerard Arthur Way."
"You love me." He put his arm around my shoulders and led me to his house.
"You know, I was just on my way to see you?"
"Well how odd. I was going to your house but when I saw you walking all alone in the dark I knew I had to take the opportunity to scare you shitless."
"And that you did, arseface." He smiled brightly as we reached the front door. He slowly unlocked it. In the living room Mikey was sound asleep on the couch with cartoons playing. I laughed and made my way to Gerard's room slowly. He followed me and shut the door behind us.
"Movie?" He held up four different horror movies. I pointed to one and he put it in the tape player. Yes, tape player. We liked doing things old school. I hoped on his bed and snuggled into a bat shaped pillow. While he struggled with the movie I pulled his blanket over me for extra comfort. I loved horror movies but I always got scared from them. Never nightmares though, because for me nightmares were good dreams. Once he hit the player a few times it started working and the movie started playing. He plopped down next to me and tugged at the covers.
"Shareeee!"
"Fine you whiney baby."

'Oh my lord. I cant believe they are sawing off her arms. That poor woman is being torn apart limb by limb. Wait, are they going for her head!?'
"AHHHH!" Gerard and I jumped up and latched on to each other making disgusted noises as we heard the sounds of chainsaws coming from the television screen. Eventually we realized we were scared of fake arms and heads, and ketchup rather than blood. We were caught in a laughing fit until breathing was nearly impossible. I fell back unto a pillow.
"What if this is one of our last late night horror movies seshs?" Gerard flopped down beside me and snuggled up into me.
"Don't talk like that."
"Gee, he almost killed me last night." I lifted my shirt up to where it was right under my bra line and pointed to my scarily bruised rib cage.
"Alaina..." He traced the outlines of the bruises and cuts and past scars over and over.
"You know whats funny? He never touches my face. Maybe its so nobody finds out." I smiled bitterly. A single tear rolled down my face. Gerard lifted his hand off my stomach and put it on my cheek. I placed my hand over his and my silent crying became sobs. I wasn't about to lie, I was deathly afraid of my mum's boyfriend. He hit me all the time for no reason, because he was always fucking drunk. My mum didn't care about me either so the beatings were fine with her. And as horrible as it sounds, I didn't care about her or being hit or anything they've said and done to me. Because I will make something of my life rather than mooching off random men like my mother. I will be a good parent and never leave them or lay a hand on them. Eventually after sorting out my thoughts I fell asleep to Gerard rubbing my back and telling me everything would be okay. And for some reason, I had a feeling things weren't going to be okay.
Sign up to rate and review this story