Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Sweet Escape

Chapter 2

by fancy_kidx 4 reviews

Meet Jessica.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [Y] - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-13 - 1181 words

1Funny
Jessica's POV-

I glanced at my watch. It read 3:17. Yawning slightly, I leaned back in the chair I was sitting in and closed my eyes.

Geez, I thought. He's 17 minutes late. But I guess it's okay. It's not like he's ever met me before.

My name is Jessica Meyers. I just turned 16 about 3 months ago and since then, I've been living it up. I stand at 5 feet, 1 1/2 inches, but don't be fooled by my height. I can be the biggest bitch or the nicest girl, but it depends on how you act towards me. I attend Saint Dominic Academy in New Jersey, so yes, I am a Catholic School girl. But don't get the wrong idea; I probably have the worst language you will ever hear. I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes that, so I've been told, are one of my best features.

Anyway, about my current situation: I am sitting in a chair next to my luggage and guitar case at an airport. My plane landed about 20 minutes ago, and yet still no one was here to pick me up. I'm used to people forgetting about me, but I never thought it would happen with a cousin I've never met. It also didn't help that he was in a band that I absolutely adored. But then again, we've only talked on the phone about 3 times since last week, when I first found out about him. My mom was at a business meeting in Chicago and saw her sister on the street, Patrick's mom, who she hasn't talked to in a few years. They talked and eventually got to the subject of kids; when my mom found out that Patrick's mom was... well, Patrick's mom, she got excited and told him about how much I loved Fall Out Boy. Patrick's mom and my mom went to Patrick's house, where they talked to him about me. My mom called me, and Patrick and I talked on the phone.

Let me tell you about the conversation. It was probably one of the craziest conversations I've ever had. When he told me who he was, I didn't believe him at first. Eventually he gave up trying to convince me and just gave the phone to my mom. When my mom told me that it really was Patrick, I screamed and acted like a teenybopper for a minute, and then told her to give the phone back to him. As soon as he got back on, I started telling him how much of an amazing singer he was and how much I loved the band. I kept going on and on, until he interrupted me midspeech to tell me that we were cousins. I stopped and felt my cheeks go red; I had just told him how much I adored him and his band and he ended up being related to me. Crazy, huh? Anyway, we talked for a little while longer and I was surprised at how normal and cool he was. He didn't even know me and we were already talking like we were best friends.

When we got off the phone, he told my mom he thought I was cool, and told her about a tour that he was going on with the band and asked if he could invite me. Of course, my mom said yes; she's one of those cool moms who lets me go off with complete strangers. Patrick called me back and asked me if I wanted to go, and I tried to play it cool by just saying "yes." He told me he would take care of the plane stuff and he would call me back with all the details. As soon as I hung up, I ran around the house and blasted Evening Out With Your Girlfriend.

And now here I am, sitting in an airport. Waiting. I glanced at my watch again: 3:24. I fished my iPod out of my backpack and put on "Rock And Roll Takeover" by This Bitter End, one of my favorite local bands in my town. As soon as I closed my eyes and leaned back, my phone started to ring.

"Luck loves me not tonight, I'm running out...
this four leaf clover's all but useless now..."


I flipped open my phone. "Hello?"

I heard the sound of movement for a second and then a voice. "Jay?"

I smiled at the sound of Patrick's voice saying the nickname he had given me during one of our conversations. "Pee?"

He laughed. "I told you not to call me that! Where are you?"

I laughed and shifted a little in my chair to get more comfortable. "Fine. Hey 'Trick. And what do you mean, where am I? I'm in the airport. Where are you?"

"We're out front in the parking lot. Dirty went in to get you like 15 minutes ago because there's a lot of people in there and we don't want to get mobbed or anything."

I quickly scanned the area around me. I saw a few families sitting in the chairs and talking, and a group of men with briefcases, but no Dirty. "Well, he's not here."

Patrick sighed. "Alright, hang on a second. Lemme call him."

"See-ya." I hung up.

Five minutes later, Patrick called back. "Jay? I found out where Dirty was." He sounded annoyed.

"Where?"

"Well, he was almost there until he saw a Starbucks and decided to go in and order one of everything."

I laughed. "Only Dirty."

I could almost hear him rolling his eyes. "Yeah, only Dirty. Man, I didn't even meet you yet and I already screwed up the supposedly 'perfect' summer vacation tour."

"It's okay."

"Well, Dirty's on his way. He should be there in like a minute or something."

"'Kay, Trick. Can't wait."

"Bye Jay. See you in a few."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and looked around for Dirty. A few seconds later, I heard something behind me:

"I LOVE MY LIFEEEEE!"

I turned around, laughing, to see Dirty juggling 19 different cups and about 3 bags full of bagels, muffins, and cookies in his hands. "DIRTYYYY!" I yelled, getting up and stretching a little.

He ran to me and handed me the bags of food. "Can you hold these? I don't want to spill this shit." Holding out his now free hand, he said, "Dirty Miller. I'm guessing you're the mysterious cousin we've all heard about?"

"I guess so," I said, flashing a smile at him and shaking his hand. "Jessica Meyer."

"Let's go then." Dirty skipped away. I slung my guitar case onto my back, grabbed my suitcase, and followed.

---------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the reviews, guys. It made my day, considering this is the first ever fanfic I've worked on here. I'm an old pro over on fanfiction.net =] anyway, hope you guys liked this chapter. Ringtone's "Break Out! Break Out!" by All Time Low. And This Bitter End is an actual band, so go check them out. [my friend's the drummer =D] anyway, be on the lookout for an update again sometime this week. toodles =]

-Jay [Jessica Jetset]
Sign up to rate and review this story