Categories > Movies > Labyrinth > Generation

The Adventure Begins

by piperredfern 1 review

It has been twenty years since Sarah left; now her daughter has vanished into the Labyrinth. How will Sarah get her back? Will she be able to stand up to Jareth again?

Category: Labyrinth - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-14 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 556 words

0Unrated
Lauren opened her eyes before groaning. She was in the middle of a long passageway with no end in sight. She found double doors and tried to open them to no avail. She sighed as she backed up, trying to decide which way to go. She glanced around before deciding to go left from the doors.

She kept walking, only slowing the first time she saw the lichen with eyes. "Sarah wasn't kidding when she said it went on and on," Lauren muttered. Remembering what Sarah said about the openings, Lauren placed her hands on the glittering walls and continued walking down the passageway. Suddenly, Lauren fell through an opening. She crashed onto a stone slab floor. Groaning in pain, she picked herself off of the floor and looked around. Instead of seeing the stone maze her mother had spoken of, Lauren found herself on a stone platform looking out on a forest. She bit her lip, recalling the strange creatures with detachable limbs.

"Who are you?"

Lauren spun around, fearful of what she might find.

"Who are you?" she countered. The teenage boy's pale lips frowned at her, and his steel gray eyes narrowed.

"I believe I asked first,' he replied coldly.

"Lauren."

"You're Lauren?" he asked incredulously.

It was Lauren's turn to glare. "You got a problem with that?" The boy's frown deepened. "And just who are you? You never answered my question."

"My name is Hunter. I am the Goblin Prince," he replied.

Lauren gawked at him. "You're Jareth's son?"

"Adopted son, actually," Hunter replied hotly. "I'm surprised he didn't mention me to you when he brought you here."

"Actually, I haven't met him yet."

Hunter raised his eyebrows. "How did you get to the Labyrinth, then?"

"I don't know. I didn't even believe in this place. I just got in an argument with my mother and wished that the goblins would take me away."

"Ah. Well, normally Jareth would have brought you to his castle and explained things to you. For some reason, he said I was to keep an eye on you here in my quarters." Hunter walked past her towards the passage. When Lauren turned, she instead saw an elegant cottage.

"Where did the passageway go?"

Hunter looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "What passageway?"

Lauren started to respond when her mother's voice drifted through her mind: "things aren't always what they seem." Lauren followed Hunter into the cottage.

"Wow!" she whispered. The inside of the cottage was homely while decorated with classy taste. There were deep chairs with red velvet cushions, heavy drapes around the windows, all paired with a modest stonework floor. Lauren sat in one of the chairs while taking in her surroundings.

"Would you like something? Food, drink?"

"Just some water would be nice."

Hunter stood and walked to an adjoining room, summoning someone to bring a drink for them both. Lauren studied her host. His chestnut hair shined brightly when the light hit it. He was tall with an average build, though it was clear he was in shape. It was his eyes, though, that kept drawing her attention. She got the feeling that, while there were many emotions going through his being, his eyes had been trained to conceal every last thought. Hunter sat back down as they waited in an awkward silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story