Categories > Anime/Manga > Prince of Tennis > A Small Fall

An Unfortunate Morning

by HellRaiserAlchemist 3 reviews

Eiji accidentally knocks himself and Fuji down a set of stairs. With the tensai's memory now foggy, and a vengeful younger Fuji after him, the poor acrobat isn't sure he'll last much longer. (Warni...

Category: Prince of Tennis - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Parody - Characters: Fuji Shuusuke, Kikumaru Eiji - Published: 2007-03-14 - Updated: 2007-03-15 - 853 words

0Unrated
-earlier that morning-

"Fujiko-chan!"

Eiji searched for his friend with a bound, determined, though lost, kitten look. So far, his friend was late to their weekend practice, and was no where to be found. Tezuka had made him go off to find the prodigy, while Taka searched for Inui. Eiji didn't see the point of splitting up though; chances were the data player was experimenting on the poor prodigy. If not, why did he have to look for Fujiko? Tezuka knew his hiding places better. Finally, he found him, casually walking down a flight of stairs in the building, "Fujiko-chan!"

Usually, Fuji would have heard him. Usually, he would have had himself braced on a wall or railing. /Usually/, he wasn't off in his own world on the way to practice. But that day, apparently he was. Eiji squeaked as they fell down the stairs. He ended up sprawled on top of his best friend in a....very compromising position. The red head sat up, rubbing his back with a sniff, then looked down at his friend, "Fujiko?"

The tensai groaned softly and sat up, rubbing his head, "Ow..."

"Nyahn! Fujiko! Are you ok? I'm so sorry!" Eiji ranted on the apologies, not noticing the odd look the tensai was giving him, until he finally heard the polite cough and shut his mouth, "Gomen, Fujiko."

"....Who are you?"

Eiji stared at him, Fuji looked back curiously. Blue cat eyes widened, grabbing the tensai and shaking him a bit, "Fujiko, that isn't funny!"

"I'm....being serious. Is that my name? Fujiko?"

"...Fuji...you're scaring me," the red head began whining, still thinking his friend was playing a horrible joke on him. Cobalt eyes were staring at him, when he finally realized that the boy was not playing a trick on him. His immediate action was to burst into tears and cling to Fuji, apologzing repeatidly, "I'm so sorry, Fuji!!"

Fuji just gave him an odd look, as the red head jumed up, grabbed Fuji by the arm and dragged him off to the club room, smartly avoiding Tezuka and Oishi on the way there.

-end-

Eiji was in tears when he finished, still trying to get away from his captain without seriously injuring himsel, and still apologizing. Oishi tried to calm him down and pry him away from Tezuka, finally succeeding when the captain turned his attention to Fuji. The hard glare looked over the boy, who just smiled back, completely oblivious as to what was going on. It was then everyone became aware that the cellphone was still connected to the St. Rudolph dorms, when Tezuka picked the phone up, "Yuuta-kun. I'm assuming you heard the entire thing?"

Yuuta had. Part of him wanted to hug Kikumaru to death, knowing his brother would no longer bug him endlessly in an attempt to make up what had happened a year and a half earlier. The other part wanted to find the red head and choke him for being so inconsiderate. He decided to go with the latter, when he heard Atsushi and Yanagisawa walk in, questioning the early morning racket, he threw the phone at them and stormed off to get dressed. The doubles partners shared a confused look, then looked down at the-now turned off- phone.

Tezuka twitched when he heard dial tone and calmly put the phone down, turning on the three regulars in the room with him. Eiji was still in tears, Oishi was still trying to calm him down and Fuji was watching it all with a look that said he was ultimately amused. At least his sense of humor was still in tact. The captain rolled his eyes, throwing a glare at the Golden Pair, "You two keep an eye on him. Yuuta's coming to...visit."

Eiji's eyes bulged, his jaw dropping open. Oishi had to keep a hold on his waist to keep him from sprinting out of the room as the red head tried to get away, "I'll run 100...neh, 200 LAPS. JUST DON'T LET HIM KILL ME."

"He's not going to kill you, Eiji!" The back player of the pair actually had to struggle to keep a hold on the cat boy. He knew Tezuka was considering the offer, but didn't hear him tell Eiji to shut up. He chanced a look up and noticed he wasn't even paying attention to them; rather...an empty bench. "...Where's Fuji?"

Eiji stopped and Tezuka looked over, "I suggest you two find him. Now."

The two felt the glare growing colder and quickly scrambled out of the room to find the missing tensai. Tezuka just hoped things couldn't get any worse. Fuji without his memory was one thing in Seigaku. But when, if, it got out to the other schools-he prayed to Kami it didn't come to that- all of Hell would break loose.
---
AN Ok. I lied. The rest of Seigaku doesn't find out till the next chapter. Sorry. Reviews are loved...I'll give this another go.

Next chapter: Yuuta pays a small visit to Seigaku, while the Seigaku regulars are trying to cope with an innocently confused Fuji.
Sign up to rate and review this story