Categories > Original > Horror

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

by Togot 4 reviews

A group of teens go out to party over spring break but the fun soon turns to horror as something hunts them down one at a time.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2005-10-01 - Updated: 2005-10-02 - 7474 words - Complete

1Exciting
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

A group of teens goes out to party over spring break, but the fun soon turns to horror as something hunts them down one at a time.

-Bradley was driving well over the speed limit, but he didn't care. There wasn't anybody else on the road, and besides, he was with his friends, and they all wanted to have a good time. He could hardly be bothered to watch the speedometer with all the commotion in the car anyway.

-Stacey and Devon were fighting over their last cigarette in the back. If there was a picture in the dictionary of a bimbo it would have been Stacey's. She had shoulder length blond hair and a large chest. She was always wearing skimpy outfits, especially small shirts that showed off her belly ring.

-Devon was more of a tomboy. She had cut her blond hair very short and had several piercings in unmentionable places. She was a bit of a pot head and loved to take a dare.

-"Settle down you two," Bradley yelled back at them. "Don't make me come back there." The two girls laughed loudly at him.

-"Come on back here," Stacy said laughing. "We can have a party." Sarah shot her an angry glance.

-Sarah was sitting in the passenger seat next to him. She was his girlfriend for the time being. She was the head cheerleader and she fit the bill. She had long blond hair, a skinny figure and a nice rack which was the main reason he was interested in her.

-"Oh no," Devon said chuckling. "You've angered he monster. Hey don't worry Sarah, you can come back here to, and we can have a really good time." She laughed louder as she tossed an empty beer can out the open window.

-Bradley was a jock, captain of the football team. His dark blond hair was short and curly. He always seemed to be squinting because he spent so much time out partying at night the light hurt his eyes. He was a big guy thanks largely to steroids and he wasn't shy about showing just how tough he was on the occasional freshmen that didn't get out of his way.

-They flew down the road to the secret place in the woods where they were meeting their friends. They had been planning this for over a month now, and it was finally spring break. No more homework or practice, just beer, sex and drugs for the next couple of days.

-A few hours later Bradley pulled off the road and onto the trail leading into the brush. It wasn't as thick as it had been last year, but it was still as bumpy as ever. Bradley cursed as he heard sticks and twigs scraping against his car. He could only hope it wouldn't leave any permanent marks on his baby.

-"Oh for fucks sake, you can wax it when we get back," Sarah said. Bradley shot her an angry look and shook his head. She was a good lay, but she was as annoying as hell.

-A few minutes later they came out of the trees and into the clearing where their friends were already waiting for them. At least Eric had had the sense to bring his jeep. Judging from the smile on Eric's face, Bradley knew he must have scratched his paint job.

-Bradley had met Eric on the football team their freshmen year, but Eric had been kicked off when he tested positive for steroids. It wasn't even to buff him up, Eric's goal in life was to try every drug made by man at east once, and he had tried most of them. He was always the guy to find if you wanted to score some stuff.

-He was bigger than Bradley with very short brown hair. His eyes were always squinting as if the lights were too bright like Bradley but for a different reason. Apparently it was a side effect from sniffing too much paint thinner. He thought of himself as a tough guy and liked to push around people smaller than he was, not to be mean, it was just the natural order, or so he said.

-Bradley parked his car and the girls all unloaded. He popped the trunk, and Eric pulled out the cooler filled with beer. Stacy got the bag of sandwiches and chips while Devon took out the blanket for their little picnic. Sarah watched with irritation as Bradley got out and looked over his precious car. She hated that he paid more attention to that dumb car than to her.

-"My poor baby," he said as he rubbed his hand over a large scratch mark. He sighed and stood up, he would have to take it to the shop and have it fixed up good as new when he got back to the world.

-Bradley saw Whitney leaning against the jeep, watching them. She wore a short red skirt and tang top with sunglasses covering her eyes. She had long blond hair and a hot body. She was the newest member of their little group and had fallen in with them her very first day.

-Ryan was lying on the jeep's hood. He was the goofball of the bunch. He was scrawny compared to Eric and Bradley, and the two of them always pushed him around. He had shaggy dark blond hair and was always putting on a show for attention. The others kept him around for laughs, but he could be very annoying at times. He and Devon had an unofficial relationship.

-Sarah and Devon set up the picnic while the boys pitched the tents for the night. They had come here several times before, and even though they didn't have permission to be here, no one had ever dropped in on them before.

-After nightfall, the group of friends sat around a campfire they had made and roasted smores. They had been drinking for hours, and Ryan had just pulled out a bag of weed. Everyone was laughing and having a good time.

-"So who's up for a story?" Bradley asked. Several cheerful hollers egged him on.

-"Hey, tell Whitney about the monster," Eric said. The others chuckled amongst themselves while Whitney looked around at them.

-"Ok, ok," Bradley said. "For a couple of years now, there have been reports of a big animal in these woods picking off hunters and kids who wander off from their parents."

"You're telling me there is a bear around where we're going to be sleeping tonight?" Whitney asked with alarm.

"Oh it's not a bear," Bradley continued. "There are no bears that live anywhere near here. People only catch glimpses of it at night, but it's big and covered with bristly hair. Just two weeks ago a kid went missing less than a mile from where we are now, but don't worry. Apparently, it only attacks people when they are alone, so don't go far from camp.

Whitney smiled and looked around, but she became worried when she saw the sullen expressions on her friends' faces. "You guys are just messing with me...right?"

"Better tell her about Gwen," Eric said, a hint of warning in his voice.

-Bradley looked around at his friends with a dark smile on his face. Each of his friends gave their own knowing grin as they remembered what had happened. Whitney waited anxiously for him to continue speaking with a look of excitement in her eyes.

-"A few years ago, right around the time it all started, we were out here with a girl named Gwen. We were carrying on, having a good time like we always do; Gwen was sitting right where you are now. She said she had to use the bathroom, so she got up and walked away. A few minutes later, we heard this horrible scream. It was like something out of a horror movie. We all looked, but we couldn't find any trace of her. No one ever saw her again."

-Whitney sat quietly, staring wide-eyed with her mouth hanging open in disbelief. The others burst out laughing and Whitney's mood lightened slightly. Ryan laughed so hard he fell over, or it might have been that he was too high to sit up straight. Devon took the joint away from him and took a hit herself.

-"Well I guess I'll have to hold it until I get back home," Whitney said. "So what happened to her?"

-"Well, nobody knows," Bradley said, trying to sound cryptic. "She was never seen again. Maybe she was just too embarrassed to show her face again. Or maybe she got eaten by the monster out in these very woods. Either way, it was a long time ago."

-They all laughed and chuckled at poor Gwen's misfortune. Eric was about to say something, but he was cut off by a loud howl. Everyone froze to listen to the eerie cry from the dark; there was a wolf nearby. It didn't sound too close, but it didn't sound all that far away either. They were quiet for a long time, even after the sound had died away, but Ryan broke the silence by laughing.

-"Man, I always thought she was a dog anyway; maybe that was her," he chuckled. The others laughed nervously, trying to put the creepy experience out of there minds. Devon finished off the joint and threw herself on Ryan. The two of them fell over giggling as the others got up to stretch their legs or find a bush.

-Whitney walked over to get a blanket out of the jeep; it was dark and getting cold. Suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind. She let out a startled scream when she was lifted up off of her feet. The scream turned into laughter as her attacker started to tickle her; she turned around to see Eric smiling at her.

-"A little jumpy aren't we?" he asked. He let her go and she weakly punched him on the shoulder.

-"That wasn't funny!" she snapped. "What do you want?" Eric smiled at her question and stepped closer.

-"Well I just thought you might want a little company on such a nice night," he said, getting even closer to her. Whitney smiled and moved in close as if she would kiss him.

-"I see," she said. "Ryan has Devon, Bradley has Sarah, and everybody's had Stacy, so I'm what's left is that it?" She stepped away from Eric when he was just about to make his move.

-"Well you'll have to catch me first," she said as she laughed and ran off. Eric smiled and chassed after her; he loved it when they played hard to get.

-The two of them ran around to the edge of the tree line where Eric finally caught up with her. He swung her around and grabbed her firmly by both her arms so she couldn't get away. He pressed his body up against hers, and he could feel her heart racing. The sweat on her face glistened as it dripped down her neck onto her chest. He could see her breath as she panted from there little exercise.

-Eric moved in to kiss her but, just before their lips touched, he heard something. He could hear something else breathing, something big and close by. He could see from the look in Whitney's eyes that she heard it to, and it was coming from the bushes right behind her.

-"Hey Bradley, is that you?" Eric called out. There was no answer. Eric was about to look for himself when something reached out from the bushes and grabbed Whitney. For one terrible second, Eric looked into Whitney's terrified eyes just before whatever had a hold of her pulled her away from him.

-Whitney was yanked right off her feet and pulled into the bushes before she could let out a scream. Eric sat there for a moment, trying to figure out what had happened, too dumbfounded to move. Then he heard Whitney start to scream, a horrible scream of deadly terror, a scream he had never heard before in his life.

-Eric jumped up and ran back to the camp for the others. He wasn't about to go after whatever that thing was by himself. He ran as fast as he could back to the campsite. He flew open the flaps to one of the tents and stumbled in on a naked Devon and Ryan trying to cover themselves.

-"Guys, something got Whitney!" Eric panted. Devon and Ryan looked at each other and started to laugh. Eric wasn't sure if it was because they thought he was joking or because they were too high to care. Either way it wasn't getting him anywhere.

-He turned towards the other tent in time to see Bradley and Sarah coming out. Bradley was in his shorts and Sarah had a blanket wrapped around her. Eric looked around in a panic for Stacy, worried that she might have been attacked as well.

-"Where's Stacy?" he asked in a panic? Bradley looked at Eric for a moment, trying to figure out if this was all a joke or not. The look of fear in his eyes was no joke. Bradley nodded towards a tree, and Eric turned to see Stacey leaning against it, smoking a cigarette. Bradley whistled to her and waved her over.

-"What's going on man?" Bradley asked. Eric looked at his friends, trying to sort out what to say.

-"I was with Whitney, and something attacked her," he said. "It pulled her into the woods, and I lost her. We need to go find her, quick." His friends all gave him a look of disbelief, but Bradley nodded, and they all followed Eric to where he had lost her. Eric pointed to the very bush that Whitney had been pulled into.

-"You sure this is the spot?" Bradley asked. Eric nodded, and the two of them stepped through the bush. There was nothing on the other side. Bradley sighed and grabbed a stick; Eric and Ryan did they same, and Bradley got out his flashlight. The three boys started to move through the trees. Bradley was in the middle with the flashlight, Eric was on his left, and Ryan was on the right. The girls had stayed at the campsite where it was safe while the boys went out to play the heroes.

-As Bradley and the others searched, they started to see blood in the dirt. They followed the trail until they found Whitney's clothes lying on the ground. They had been torn apart and were stained with blood, but there was no sign of Whitney, or the animal that had attacked her.

-"Dude, this is so fucked up," Ryan said. Bloody clothes and a missing girl were a real buzz kill.

-"Where the hell is she?" Eric asked. The three boys looked all around, but the blood trail stopped with the torn clothes. The three of them stood scratching their heads, trying to figure out what to do. They couldn't call the police; they weren't supposed to be here, and there wasn't anyone else who could help.

-"Alright," Bradley said. "We'll split up and look around. Meet back here in five minutes, and yell if you find anything." The other boys nodded, and they split up in three directions.

-Back at the camp, Devon and Sarah had gotten dressed. They sat around the fire with Stacy smoking as they waited for the boys to return. They didn't say a word; they didn't have to since they were all thinking the same thing. They were all wondering if Whitney was alright.

-Ryan stumbled though the dark looking for the damn boogieman. One thing was for sure, this had better not be a joke. First Eric interrupts his fun with Devon, and then he had dragged him out into the woods to find a monster, or animal, or something that apparently liked to undress people before eating them.

-He wandered around until he realized he couldn't see the light from Bradley's flashlight anymore. He looked around, but there was no sign of him. He called out to Bradley and Eric, but there was no response. He realized that he must have wandered too far away. He sighed to himself and slowly started to backtrack.

-He hadn't gone far when he froze. He could hear something moving around him. He looked around, but it was too dark to see anything; even the moonlight was blocked by all the trees. And with no Bradley and no flashlight, Ryan couldn't see two feet in front of him.

-Ryan heard a twig snap to his right, then behind him. He tried to stay facing whatever it was, but it kept moving around. Whatever it was, it was circling him, and even Ryan knew that wasn't a good thing.

-"Eric...Bradley, is that you?" Ryan whispered at the dark. He started to back up until he bumped into a tree; at least the thing couldn't get him from behind like in the movies. Ryan held his stick like a baseball bat. Whatever came at him was going to be sorry.

-Suddenly Ryan felt the tree he was up against move, just a little. It seemed to bulge slightly and then go back to normal. A stream of hot, fogy breath went past Ryan's face. Then the tree moved again, and again a stream of smelly breath passed Ryan's ear.

-The boy's blood went cold as he realized that he hadn't been pressed up against a tree at all. Ryan was too petrified to turn around. His mind kept hoping that if he didn't turn around, if he didn't see it, then it would leave him alone.

-Then whatever it was moved, and every muscle in Ryan's body tensed up. For a moment Ryan dared to think it was leavening. That thought ended when he felt something slam into his back, hard.

-Ryan thought he was going to fall forward, but he was caught on something. He could feel something inside his lower back, wrapping around his spine! He was too shocked to even notice the pain at first. Something was grabbing a hold of his spinal cord, and now it was pulling. Now Ryan felt the pain, and he screamed as loud as he could as he felt his back bone being ripped out of his body.

-Bradley was just about to give up looking for Whitney when he heard a terrible scream. It was coming from the direction Ryan was searching. Suddenly the scream was cut off, and then there was silence. Bradley knew that couldn't be good.

-He rushed towards the origin of the scream with stick and flashlight in hand. He ran through bushes and over rocks that tried to trip him up, but he didn't let any of that slow him down. He was almost there when Eric caught up with him.

-The two reached the spot that the scream seemed to come from. At first they didn't see anything, but then Eric tapped Bradley's arm and pointed towards a tree. Bradley pointed the flashlight, and there was Ryan, standing with his head down and arms folded across his chest.

-Bradley felt a wave of relief; Ryan was alright. He lowered the light out of Ryan's face, but Ryan didn't lift his head up. Bradley thought the idiot must have dozed off or something. Eric walked over to him.

-"Ryan?" he asked. Bradley was about to yell and scare him awake, when he saw the look on Eric's face. Eric saw something that was scaring him pale, something behind Ryan.

-"What is it?" Bradley asked. Eric didn't answer; he just stared with wide eyed horror at something Bradley couldn't see.

-Bradley wasn't sure if he really wanted to, but he had to see what Eric saw. He walked over beside his friend and followed his gaze, and he too was frozen with horror.

-Ryan wasn't ok at all; his back bone had been ripped out and wedged into a tree to keep him upright. Ryan was dead.

-Bradley forced himself to snap out of it. His friend was dead, but why had he been positioned like this? If it had been a trap for them then surely whoever did it would have attacked by now, unless...

-"Eric, we need to get back to the girls!" Bradley said urgently, pulling at Eric's arm. Eric followed, but the look of shock did not leave his face.

-The only reason anyone would prop Ryan's body up like that, was for a distraction. The killer wanted to buy himself some time to get to the girls before they did.

-Back at the campsite, the girls watched the fire as it started to die out. The boys had been gone awhile, and they were starting to get worried. Devon was starting to fall asleep, and Stacy looked more bored than anything, but Sarah had her eyes fixed in the direction the boys had gone.

-"What do you think's taking them so long?" Sarah asked. The tension was obviously making her nervous.

-"Who knows," Stacy said. "Maybe the whole thing was just a trick to get Whitney alone and gangbang her."

-"Bradley wouldn't cheat on me!" Sarah snapped defensively. Both Devon and Stacy chuckled; they knew about Bradley's numerous transgressions. Sarah looked at her two friends with a confused look; she didn't see what was so funny.

-She shook her head in frustration and got up to go to the jeep. She was out of cigarettes, and she needed a smoke to calm her nerves. As soon as she walked away, she heard Devon and Stacy laughing. They could be so stupid sometimes.

-She walked to the jeep and looked in the back with no luck. She decided to head back to camp and check the tents again; maybe she had missed them. She was half way back when she heard something. Even with the full moon out, she couldn't see very well, but she definitely heard a twig snapping close by.

-Sarah froze in place, her mind filing with the image of every horror movie she had ever seen. She was a girl alone in the dark, and something was out there. She wasn't sure if she should run for camp or for the car. She didn't think Bradley had locked the door, didn't think but wasn't sure. If she ran to the camp, it wouldn't do much good; there would just be three screaming girls in a tent instead of one inside a car.

-Sarah heard another twig snap, and she was just about to run away screaming when she heard another sound. It was Bradley calling for her; the boys must have come back! Sarah ran in the direction of the camp as fast as she could. She wanted to be back in Bradley's arms. She wanted him to protect her from anything that might hurt her.

-Sarah hardly had time to notice the blur of movement. Something swung at her from the right and struck her midsection. Sarah tumbled to the ground, the leaves and dirt soiling her hair as she rolled until she could bring herself to a stop.

-Sarah was too disoriented to know what had happened. She looked around in a daze, trying to figure out where she was. She could just barely see the light of the campfire up ahead. She was so close to safety and friends, but what had hit her?

-Sarah looked back over her shoulder and saw something standing over her, something big. It had broad shoulders with its head held low. Its arms seemed longer than they should be, and its feet looked too narrow at the bottom. It was too dark for Sarah to see much else, except for its right hand.

-Sarah could see it was holding something in its right hand. It looked like torn rags, but they were glistening in the distant fire light. It was wet and red, and the truth slowly dawned on Sarah. She reached down to feel her belly. Her hand stopped where she knew her stomach should be, but there was nothing there. She looked down and wanted to scream but found her breath stolen from her. Her stomach had been torn out and was now a gaping hole with blood oozing out.

-The creature moved towards her, but Sarah couldn't take her eyes off of the void in her belly. Her mind couldn't accept what was happening, the pure shock blocked out any sensation of actual pain. She didn't even struggle when the creature grabbed a hold of her ankle and dragged her away. All she could do was watch as the campfire got farther and farther away.

-Devon and Stacy had been laughing at Sarah for being so naïve when Eric and Bradley had ran up screaming about needing to leave. They hadn't answered Devon when she had asked where Ryan was. They hadn't even bothered to grab their things. They only asked where Sarah was, and when the girls had told them she had gone off on her own, Bradley had freaked out.

-Now they were running towards the vehicles, looking for Sarah. She wasn't answering their calls, and that wasn't helping Bradley at all. He kept screaming her name until they reached the car, and then everyone was silent.

-The hood of the car had been pealed back like a sardine can, and the engine had been ripped out. Nothing else on the car had been touched, not the food, or the blankets, just the engine. Whatever had done it had known exactly what it was doing, and it hadn't been too long ago; steam and fluid were still leaking from the wrecked vehicle.

-"No, not my car!" Bradley cried. He fell to his knees in tears, mourning his wrecked vehicle. Devon rolled her eyes at him, Sarah was missing, but he was mourning his car.

-The girls ran to the jeep, but Eric and Bradley didn't bother. They already knew it would be in the same condition. The hysterical cries from the girls only confirmed it. Eric looked at Bradley, hoping for a suggestion on how to get out of this mess, but he was equally stumped. Stacy and Devon came back, looking like they wanted some answers.

-"What the hell is going on?" Stacy asked. "What happened to the cars, and where the hell are the others?"

-"I don't know!" Bradley snapped. "I don't know where Whitney and Sarah are. Sarah was with you two." Devon looked at Eric and Bradley expectantly.

-"What about Ryan?" she asked. Eric and Bradley looked at each other, unsure whether or not they should answer. Devon having a breakdown was the last thing either of them wanted to deal with.

-"What happened to Ryan?" Devon yelled.

-"He's dead!" Bradley shot back. "Something killed him and probably Whitney and maybe Sarah too, and it's going to get us if we don't get the hell out of here."

-Devon was quiet; she didn't scream or cry like Bradley had been expecting. She just stared at the ground quietly while her mind tried to grasp what she had been told. Ryan was dead and maybe two other friends as well. She had been talking to them just a few minutes ago.

-"Ok look," Eric said trying to calm everyone down. "Sarah's probably back at the camp. Lets go back and get our stuff; we can make our way to the road and get some help." The others nodded in agreement, and they started to head back. Stacy had to help Devon get moving and held onto her like a safety blanket.

-They didn't notice anything out of place at first, but when they got closer, Eric could see that the tents had been ripped apart. Their stuff had been thrown all over, and their spare blankets and clothes were in the fire.

-"What the hell is going on?" Stacy screamed. "We were just here!" Eric looked around franticly trying to find something salvageable while Bradley angrily kicked the cooler over.

-"God damn it!" Bradley screamed. Devon didn't make a sound; she just stood quietly with her head down, looking at the ground. She couldn't accept that any of this was real; it was just a bad dream. There was no way Ryan could be dead.

-Eric gave up looking for anything they could use; whatever had done it hadn't left anything behind and, he wasn't about to go back to the vehicles. He looked at Bradley for leadership but realized his friend was in no condition to be giving orders now.

-"Ok...look, heading for the road and getting help is still our best chance, right?" Eric asked uneasily. He was more used to doing what others told him rather than taking charge, but he didn't seem to have much choice this time.

-Stacy nodded, or maybe she was just shaking. She looked at Bradley and Devon for support. Devon didn't seem to be aware of what was going on anymore, and Bradley was crouched down, trying to hold back his tears.

-"What about Sarah?" Bradley asked. "We can't just leave her out here." Eric looked to Stacy for help on this one. She nodded and walked over to put her hand on Bradley's shoulder.

-"If she isn't here I don't think were going to find her," she said softly. Bradley shot a mean glair at her.

-"We don't know that she's dead. She might be lost or something, and whoever's out there could be after her!" he yelled. Stacy stood up, having failed to comfort her friend. Sarah might have been annoying sometimes, but Bradley didn't want her to die.

-"Look," Eric said. "We'll come back, and we'll bring help to look for her and Whitney too, and then we'll get the son of a bitch who did all this."

-Bradley looked down and nodded, he knew they were right. Staying here wasn't going to do any good. He stood up, and they all started walking in the direction of the road. It was over a mile away, and although it had only taken a few minutes in the car to get through the dense brush, now they were on foot and in the dark.

-Devon still wasn't talking but, Stacy made enough noise for the both of them. Every ten seconds she screamed when a stick scratched her leg or a branch hit her face. Eric was beginning to think that if that thing didn't kill her, he would.

-Not that he could really blame her; every step he took could be his last. Every shadow hid a monster; every sound was something stalking them. Their only shield against the darkness was the single flashlight that Bradley had. Their only weapons were sticks that Ryan had already proved were ineffective.

-They had been walking for awhile, and the only monsters that had bothered them were the ones they imagined. Bradley was starting to think that they would be ok now. They would get to the road, get help, and find that Sarah had simply gotten lost, maybe that Whitney had escaped, and the police would hunt down the psycho that had killed Ryan. Then the flashlight started to flicker.

-"Oh no," Bradley said, slapping the side of the light. "Come on, don't die on us now!" But the flashlight didn't obey. It flickered one last time and went dark. Now the four friends stood alone in the dark with someone or something trying to kill them and no one to help.

-Before they could even come up with a plan, Stacy heard something. It was the sound of wood cracking. They all looked at each other and all around as the sound grew louder. Then they heard the sound of wood creaking, and they looked in the direction of the noise to see a large tree start to fall towards them.

-The four of them scattered as the tree fell right were they had been standing. They all dove for cover, and when the dust settled, Bradley found himself covered by branches and leaves. He picked himself up and made sure he was alright before looking around for his friends.

-Eric stood up a few feet away from him, but there was no sign of Devon or Stacy. Then they heard someone moaning from under the tree branches. The boys moved away the debris and found Stacy with her leg pinned under the tree.

-Eric and Bradley looked at each other with concern; Stacy's leg was badly broken and bleeding but they knew they couldn't get her loose. Stacy was crying hysterically and staring at her mangled leg. Eric started to look for something they could use as leverage to try and get her loose while Bradley called out to Devon.

-Bradley couldn't find any sign of Devon; it was like she had just disappeared. Eric found a large stick, and the two of them tried to lift the tree enough for Stacy to get out. The moment they got the stick in position they heard a deep growl from something close by.

-Eric and Bradley gave each other the same scared look. Bradley looked over his shoulder, searching for whatever was out there while Eric looked at Stacy and saw the look of terror in her eyes. Bradley couldn't see anything, so the two of them franticly tried to get their friend free, but the moment they did, they heard another growl, this one even closer than the first.

-"Hurry up!" Stacy said as she started to cry, but the boys were loosing their nerve. One more ferocious growl that seemed to come from everywhere, and Bradley took off running for his life. "No!" Stacy pleaded. "Please don't leave me here!" But with Bradley gone, Eric knew he had no chance of getting her free. The thing sounded like it was right on top of him, so, despite Stacie's pleas, he left her and went after Bradley.

-Stacy was all alone, abandoned by her friends and left to die pinned under a tree. She desperately tried to free herself, but her leg wouldn't budge. She heard whatever was out there growling and snarling as it circled her. Stacy held her breath and stayed as quiet as she could despite the pain, hoping it wouldn't find her. She didn't even know what it was. Was it a wolf or some kind of monster? She knew no human could have ripped a car open, but what kind of animal would do that?

-Then she saw something come out of the bushes. It looked like a huge wolf at first, but then, when it got closer, it stood up on two legs. The thing was enormous with bulging shoulders and dark fur covering its body. Its pointy ears went back, and it opened its muzzle, revealing large and very sharp teeth.

-Stacy stared into its golden brown eyes as it looked down at her hungrily. It flexed its clawed hand, and Stacy could see they were still red with blood from whatever or whoever it had killed earlier. She screamed in terror as the creature's sharp teeth came down on her.

-Bradley didn't stop when he heard Stacy scream. He didn't even stop when the scream was suddenly cut short. He just wanted to get as far away as he could. He wasn't a coward for running away; there was nothing he could have done to help her. If he had stayed with her, he would have been killed too, and that wouldn't have helped anything.

-Bradley didn't hear Eric screaming, so he must have run away too. Bradley ran until he collapsed from exhaustion. He was physically and mentally worn out. His friends were dieing all around him, and he might be next. He sat all alone in the woods, sobbing, but he wasn't crying for his dead friends; he was crying for himself.

-Devon wandered aimlessly through the trees; she had gotten separated from the others when the tree had fallen. She had heard Stacy screaming and knew what it probably meant. She didn't care anymore; Ryan was dead, Stacy was dead, and Sarah and Whitney were probably dead. She realized that none of them were getting out of here alive.

-Devon walked calmly in the dark until she saw something in front of her. At first she thought it was Eric or Bradley, but when she looked harder she realized it was far too big. It stood still, its hot breath fogging the air. Devon didn't try to run; she didn't cry or scream. She just didn't care anymore.

-The creature slowly walked up to her; she could see it wasn't human. It reached out one massive, clawed hand and took a hold of Devon's head. It almost seemed gentle.

-The creature easily lifted Devon into the air with one hand. She almost felt as if she were watching herself as the thing took hold of her legs with its other hand. Then there was a strange disorientation, and Devon felt herself flying through the air. She landed in some leaves and looked up to see the creature slowly walking away from her.

-At first Devon didn't understand what had happened, at least not until she tried to stand. For some reason she couldn't get up, she looked down at her legs and saw they weren't there. All she saw was a bloody lump of torn flesh were her waist used to be.

-Devon's mouth opened and she tried to scream, but nothing came out. She could see her lower half lying in the dirt near where she had been standing a moment ago. The monster had ripped her in half, though she was only partially aware of it in her delirious state; she didn't even notice any pain. Devon felt cold now; her body was becoming numb and tired. She lay down and let out her final breath.

-Bradley had been resting for awhile now. He was about to get up when something caught his eye. There was something shining in the moonlight a short distance away. Bradley walked over to see what it was and found something hanging from a tree branch. It was a golden necklace with a cross.

-Bradley took it from the branch and started to sob. It was the necklace he had given Sarah for her birthday. He realized she must be dead; the bloodstains were still visible on the shiny metal. That damned thing had killed her.

-Bradley wanted the thing dead; he wanted to rip it apart with his bare hands. It had killed Sarah, Ryan, Stacy and even Whitney, and it had wrecked his car. It had to pay, and he would make it pay. He would find a way to kill it, somehow.

-Bradley never even wondered why the necklace had been hanging from a tree right were he could find it. Nor did he notice something coming up behind him. However he did notice the large teeth coming at him when he turned around.

-Eric had been trying to find Bradley when he heard his friend screaming. He ran to where the sound had come from, but all he found was a bloody mess. Eric found the gold necklace that Bradley had given Sarah for her birthday and knew it meant she was dead to.

-Eric wondered if he was the only one left alive, he didn't know what had happened to Devon, but she wouldn't have been much help anyway. He had to try and make it to the road, it was his only hope.

-He made his way through the dark while listening for anything that might be a monster hunting him down. He hadn't gone far when he heard what he was listening for: heavy breathing. It was close, just a few feet past some bushes in front of him and to his right.

-Eric slowly stepped away from the sound, and it didn't follow. Apparently it hadn't noticed him, and for that, Eric was thankful. He continued on a short way until he again heard the creature. As before it was in front of him and slightly to the side, and as before Eric adjusted his course.

-Eric felt pretty confident he could avoid the thing. It blocked his path several more times, and each time he avoided it without being noticed. Eric was still roughly headed towards the road, but it was taking longer than he would like.

-Before Eric could get to the road, he noticed what appeared to be a well in an open field. Once again he heard the thing close by, but this time it was behind him. Before Eric could sneak away again he heard the thing growl and charge at him. Eric ran into the field, trying to get away. He looked over his shoulder and saw a huge animal charging for him on all fours.

-Before he could look ahead of him again he ran into something. He fell forward and then down, and down some more. Eric landed hard on a dirt floor. It took him a moment to realize that he had fallen into the well. He collected himself, and then he remembered the monster.

-Eric rolled over on his back expecting to see the thing on its way down to meet him, but all he saw was the round opening at the top and the stars beyond. There was no water in the well, and as Eric looked around he saw that it wasn't a well at all.

-There was a doorway leading to a tunnel. Eric picked himself up and headed down the passage. It was so dark he could barely see his hand in front of his face. He stumbled down the stone walled hallway until he came to a larger chamber that smelled like dog hair and raw meat.

-Suddenly the room was lit up, not brightly, just enough for Eric to see what was left of all his friends. Their heads were lined up on the wall like mounted trophies. Eric recognized all of his friends, except one.

-"Nice to see you again, Eric," a familiar voice said. Eric spun around and his eyes rested on the form of someone who should have been dead.

-"Whitney?" he asked shocked. She was wearing different clothes, but it was still her. The girl Eric had seen dragged away by a monster now stood before him, smiling at him despite their friends being mounted on a wall only a few feet away.

-"Actually if you don't mind I'd prefer it if you called me by my original name," she said. "Gwen." She could hardly hold back a laugh as she saw the expression on Eric's face.

-"It can't be," Eric said with astonishment.

-"Can't it?" Gwen asked. "That was a very touching story Bradley told earlier, but it wasn't the whole story, was it? He left out how you bastards dragged me out here and then ditched me as a cruel joke. When you and your little friends left me out here, I was lost. I was hunted, much the same way you all have been tonight, hunted by something inhuman. But it worked out rather nicely. The thing I had been running from actually turned out to be rather nice."

-"Nice?" Eric asked. "That thing killed everyone and mounted their heads on a wall!" Gwen smiled at him.

-"Actually that was me," she said. "Being bitten by a werewolf has a lot of fringe benefits. My appearance changed, and after some hair dye and a makeover, I was ready for my revenge. I simply joined your little group and waited until you came out here again. Once you did, well you know the rest."

-"But I saw you attacked and taken away," Eric exclaimed. "We found your clothes covered in blood." His mind still couldn't wrap around what was going on.

-"I killed a rabbit and set up my clothes so you would think I was dead, just in case any of you actually got away. As for me being taken away, that was my mate; he gets so jealous," she said as a large shape appeared behind Eric. "But you're going to find out about that for yourself I suppose."

-Eric heard something growl behind him. He turned around and saw the beast in the light. He could see its sharp claws, large teeth, and those vicious eyes that looked at him with animalistic rage. Gwen smiled with pleasure as her mate ripped apart the last of her former tormentors. It had been one hell of a vacation.
Sign up to rate and review this story