Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Subject to Change

Art of Dreams

by DeadEnd 1 review

Will Pete sacrifice everything for the one thing that has stood by him since the beginning. Looks like it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-15 - Updated: 2007-03-15 - 912 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I, of coarse, do not own or know any bands mentioned in this story. It is completely fiction, none of it ever happened, it all came to be inside my mind.This is simply a story.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing it...mabey ill finish this one.

----------------------------------------------------------------


Kate returned her sketchbook to the inside of her messenger bag. The latest of her drawings was finished, but she didn't dare show Lauren or Hailey. She knew their artistic eyes and sharp tongues would be honest about what they saw, and it wasn't that she was lacking the confidence in her art to withstand this; she just didn't think it would be wise to show them this particular drawing.
It was of a nightmare she had as a child, simple, but just twisted enough to scare the pants off of a 10-year-old kid.

A black coffin, with silky red comforts for the dead, lined its insides, in the dream Kate walked up to the coffin to peep in, only to find it completely empty.
When she turned to walk away from it, walls appeared all around her.
The walls were lined with the same silky red fabric as the coffin. She was suddenly immobilized as a lid, black on top, with red silk lining on the inside, replaced the blue sky above her head.
When it slammed down over her the walls seemed to shrink in all around her as sobs erupted from women outside of her new prison cell.
Kate clawed and screamed, but to no avail. The coffin was sealed shut, and her pounding fists could do nothing to save her once she felt the coffin being lowered... further and further down until she felt it hit hard ground. The smell of dirt was evident even through the airtight casket.

The dream only came once, but it was one she had remembered her whole life.

Kate depicted this through a sketch of a coffin with the lid slamming down on a screaming little girl, her face obviously panicked. The drawing was one of her best, and the idea behind it was one she'd had for awhile. Although Kate didn't bother to investigate the meaning of the dream- it seemed so insignificant, she was only 10 at the time of its arrival- the idea of drawing it on paper had occurred to her sometime during her first 3 months of art school.

After returning her bag and sketch books to their homes under her nightstand, she grabbed the key to her apartment, and after checking to make sure the door was locked, she began the short walk to the apartment just across the street.

159
160
161
She arrived to apartment 162, and gently knocked on the door.
The man that answered was tired but he looked like sleep had again, eluded him.
"Its 3:30...you better have the best reason in the world for being here this late"
"Why, doesn't look like you've been able to sleep much either"
"Nah, me and sleep aren't friends anymore...i guess you can come in here with me"
Kate pushed past the door and made her self at home on Pete's bed.
(A/N: Don't get nasty...cheap apartment, no couches, just one bedroom, a bathroom and the kitchen)
" I finished the drawing"
"Really, did you at least bring it to show me"
"Nope"
"Then why are you here"
"Can't tell"
"And why ever not"
"I just came to see what you were doing"
"I'm writing"
"Could i...ya know read it"
"Yes but just because your you, I wouldn't let anyone else but Patrick"
"Ok"
The words written on the paper were already music, even without the melody.
"Pete, these are good. Would I be crossing the line if I asked who they were about"
Pete sat on the bed in front of her and looked down at his hands. They must have been fascinating because he sat there silently for several minutes before directing those beautiful brown eyes back to Kate.
" You didn't cross a line, I'm just not sure I can tell you"
"Pete, I've known you since we were 4, you couldn't seriously convince me that this can't be shared"
She stared him straight in the eyes with her look of complete understanding that always made his pain go away,
"I can't"
"Peter"
"Kate"
"Peter tell me"
"No"
"Fine then, I'm leaving" she got off the bed and was going to walk to the door when she felt a warm hand grab her wrist and heard a soft voice whisper "wait"
"Its about you"
"Oh whatever, that's just an easy answer"
" Would I be stopping you from leaving if it weren't the truth" his eyes hinted to his sincerity.
No, he wouldn't have, and the thought of Pete lying awake at night thinking of her sort of gave her a comfort that she needed.
She hugged him.
"I've wondered myself what you think about when you stare into space, or who you wished to be with before you fall asleep. I always wished it to be me"
Kate kissed him on the cheek and went back to sit down on the bed.
"I'm sleeping over"
"Ok"
Kate laid down and closed her eyes, a few seconds later she felt the other side of the bed give way, and Peter wrapped his warm arms around her.
Right before she fell asleep, she could have sworn she heard him whisper, "I love you Kate"
Sign up to rate and review this story