Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Sweet Escape

Chapter 4

by fancy_kidx 8 reviews

so what happens when you're an insomniac? you go drink iced tea with Pete Wentz, durr. ;]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-16 - Updated: 2007-03-16 - 697 words

2Original
Jessica's POV -

Turns out, the bus wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be. There were two rooms, three if you count the bunks in the back of the bus as a seperate room. One room included a kitchen area and an entertainment area. The bathroom was between the bunk area and the kitchen/entertainment room, and only had a toilet, a sink, and a very small bathtub. The bunks were nice though; they were a bit small, but it wasn't like I was going to sleep long in them. I have a slight case of insomnia, not to mention my newly found jetlag from taking the plane.

Also a surprise: brace yourself... the boys are actually normal. Shocker, right? Okay, maybe I'm being a little overdramatic about it. I guess I was so caught up with thinking about them as rockstars that I didn't think of them as regular people.

That shortly changed though after that first day on the bus. Basically, I spent all morning playing video games with Joe and Andy. I always heard in interviews about how they were both amazing at video games, but truth be told, I beat them both at Super Smash Brothers Meelee within 5 minutes. Of course, it may have to do with the fact that I'm a video game nerd. But it gave me some major cred with the guys- Joe now wants to be my best friend and Andy has been glued to the Gamecube for the whole day trying to figure out the best way to beat me.

The rest of the day was spent bonding with Patrick, who suprisingly is not as shy as everyone says he is. But I'm guessing the reason why is because we were talking about music. He talks about it the way men talk about their cars, or women talk about their clothes or makeup or something. However, being a music lover myself, I found it to be extremely interesting. We talked about everything from how amazing Nat King Cole is to how we like Christina Aguilera much better with clothes that actually cover her body.

We also talked about other things, like how our families are doing and what our towns are like. And let me tell you, the guy is freakin' hilarious. I almost wet my pants when we were talking about symbolism in The Scarlet Letter. I honestly for the life of me figure out why this man was so self concious, he was basically the coolest person I've ever met.

But the one guy that I really wanted to talk to didn't say a word to me all day. After Pete got out of the bathroom, he went to his bunk and pulled the curtain thing closed so that no one would bother him. It made me really sad, to be honest. He's one of my writing influences, and I really think he would be an amazing person to be friends with. Sucks that he won't give me the time of day, though.

So while the first day on the tour was fun, it wasn't exactly perfect.

And now it was one in the morning. And I couldn't sleep. Sighing, I got up from my bunk next across from Patrick's and made my way to the kitchen. It basically consisted of a mini fridge and a cabinet full of chips. Without bothering to turn on the lights, I opened the fridge, took out a bottle of iced tea, and sat down on one of the couches, staring out the window as the trees and cars passed by. I sat there for 10 minutes probably, before I heard someone getting up out of their bunk bed. A few seconds later, someone came walking into the entertainment/kitchen area; I couldn't make out exactly who it was because the lights were off, but he walked past me and opened up the fridge.

"Hey," I said, seeing as he still didn't notice me yet. The mystery person gave an odd sort of yelp and turned around- it was Pete.

------------------------

sorry it's kinda short. I'll try and make the next one longer =]

leave me reviews 'cause I love you guys.
Sign up to rate and review this story