Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Sweet Escape

Chapter 5

by fancy_kidx 12 reviews

and we'll talk and talk until the early a.m.'s...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [Y] - Published: 2007-03-18 - Updated: 2007-03-19 - 983 words

0Unrated
Pete's POV-

What the... holy, shit. Heart racing, I turned around and saw Jessica sitting on one of the couches, smiling at me. I bit my lip; please be good, I begged my lower half. "H-hey. I just... I got thirsty." I said, stuttering slightly. Awkwardly, I turned back around, reached into the fridge, and pulled out the first thing my hand touched, not even bothering to check what it was. I sat down next to her and turned to her. She was looking at what I had grabbed from the fridge with a weird expression on her face. "Uhm... Pete?" she asked, biting her lip to supress laughter.

Apprehensively, I looked down at what I had grabbed. No, I was not holding a beer or anything. I wasn't even holding a drink. I was holding a jar of fucking pickles. God hates me. "Uhm..." I said, trying to play it cool. "Did I... uhm... did I say thirsty? I meant...y'know... hungry."

She laughed. "Alrighty then."

I felt my neck heat up from embarrassment. There was a moment of silence. "Pete?" she asked.

"Hmm?"

"So what are you? Thirsty or hungry? 'Cause you still haven't eaten a pickle yet."

I blushed. "Y'know, nevermind. I uhm, I'm not thirsty or hungry or anything, so... y'know... uhm... yeah." Smooth, Pete. Real smooth.

Awkward silence. I looked out the window to avoid looking at her because I knew that if I looked at her, I wouldn't be able to look away.

"Pete?" She asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you so nervous around me?"

Okay, so that question caught me completely off guard. I was expecting her to ask me if she could have a pickle or something. "Wait, what?"

"Why are you so nervous around me?" She repeated, only a little quieter, as if she were afraid she had offended me. "I mean, you always seem so... I don't know... outgoing. But around me you're so... not."

Usually I think about what I'm going to say before I actually say it. But this time, I didn't. I have no fucking clue why. "I don't know. I guess... pretty girls make me nervous." Shit! "I mean... I mean, not that you're pretty. Crap, that's not what I meant, I mean, like, you're gorgeous but..." Shut up Pete, SHUT UP! "Aaah, this isn't working out right." I looked at her with a slightly apologetic look on my face.

To my surprise and relief, she was giggling. "See, now I understand why people like you so much. That was hilarious."

I felt my heart drop. "Glad to know that my mortification is funny to you."

She smiled. "That's not what I mean. It's just... that's what makes you so nervous around me? That you think I'm pretty?"

I blushed. "Yeah."

She giggled again. "You know I'm 16, right?"

"Yeah."

"And you know that there's no way we would be able to get together, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah. I knew all of that already. I just... you can't deny it, you are pretty."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't even try it, Wentz."

"Try what?"

"To convince me that I'm pretty. Believe me, many have tried. None have succeeded."

I laughed and we fell back into a silence again.

"So, still nervous around me?" She asked after about a minute.

"Not as much as before. But yes."

"I have an idea. How about you ask me any question about myself, and then I'll ask you any question about yourself."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Alright. Birthday?"

"May 13. Favorite candy?"

I pondered this for a minute. "Pixie Stix. Uhm... favorite movie?"

"The Notebook. Favorite song?"

"Impossible to name. I love every song. Why the Notebook?"

"Because Ryan Gosling makes me horny."

"What?!"

"Hey now, it's my turn to ask the question."

I sighed and she smirked. "What's your favorite band?"

"I don't know if you've heard of them, they're called Fall Out Boy. Now, returning to my other question... what?!"

"Relax. I was kidding, mister 'oh-great-the-girl-I-think-is-pretty-gets-turned-on-by-another-guy.'" I smirked at that. "Alright, uhm. Favorite season?"

"None. People actually have those?"

"Yes. Favorite boardie?"

I twiddled my thumbs.

"Answer it, Pete."

"Alright, alright. You."

"Seriously?" Her eyes widened in surprise and happiness.

"Hey, it's my turn to ask the question." She laughed and mimed zipping her mouth shut. I looked down at my lap. Dare I ask?... I dare. "So... boyfriend?"

Now it was her turn to blush. "No. So... I'm seriously your favorite boardie?"

I shrugged. "Yeah. You were the only who seemed like she was real. Everyone else... they seemed a little fake to me."

"Hmm."

And we continued like that for hours. I learned so much about her, but I still wanted to know more. She was so interesting; well, okay, not that interesting. But the fact that it was her... well, it made her interesting.

At 4:46 in the morning, she yawned. "Tired?" I asked.

She shrugged. "A bit. But I don't want to walk all the way to my bed."

"Sleep here." I said. Then, biting my lip slightly, I added, "With me."

She raised an eyebrow. "Did you just invite me to sleep with you? I'm sorry, but that's kinda illegal."

I laughed. "You know what I meant."

She smiled. "Only if you become my new best friend."

"Seriously? Two for the price of one? Hell yeah, I'll be your best friend!" She laughed and cuddled closer to my side. My breath hitched for a second.

"Is this alright?" She asked. "I'm not making you horny, am I?" She winked.

Holy shit. If only you knew. "Maybe just a bit." I winked back.

She laughed. "G'night, Pete."

"'Night, Jay." Please be good, Petey. Please don't embarrass me, just for one night, please.

I fell asleep to the light breathing of her.

------------------------------------------------------

hope that was long enough for you guys ;]
read/review my loves.
Sign up to rate and review this story