Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

I love Melanie Whydon'tIknowhermiddlename Toro-Oritz.

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-16 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 645 words

0Unrated
~~~~~
Mikey's POV

I love Melanie Whydon'tIknowhermiddlename Toro-Oritz. Mel was perfect. She truly was. Every time I even heard her name or saw her, I'd smile. Gerard would smack me upside the head saying that I couldn't look that stupid if I was to be seen with him, but I didn't care. She was wonderful. I loved her so much.

And one day, I told her.

I won't ever forget it. We were at our spot, hanging out and having a picnic. No one knew about it but us. She had been pretty quiet all day, but then again, she always was. We were joking around, and I suddenly said it without thinking. "I love you." She just sat there. Oh crap. We stayed like that for a minute before I decided to say something to reassure her. I didn't want her to feel pressured. Not by me.

"It's OK. You don't have to say it until you're comfortable. But I love you." I could feel myself blushing. I tried not to, but I did anyway. Why do I always have to make myself look like a fool?

"Mikey, I..." I looked at her, waiting. Maybe she was going to say it back. Or maybe she was going to say she already knew from that day at the cemetary... "I... I... I'm really sorry." She got up and ran after whispering the statement I didn't want to hear at me. I looked after her, obviously confused and maybe a little (OK, a lot) hurt. I suddenly came to my senses, though, and sprinted after her as if my life depended on it. I couldn't lose her.

I finally caught her and held her as she cried. She wasn't supposed to be crying because of something I said. All I could do was rub her back and repeat, "It's OK. It's OK." She finally stopped crying. I must have done something right at least. "Are you OK now?" I asked. She just stood there in my arms. I couldn't even read her face since it was turned away. I had to say /something/.

"You know, I think you knew I loved you from that day at the cemetary. That first time we kissed. And I will be totally OK if you don't feel like telling me you love me until you're ready. It just came out, and the minute it did, I didn't immediately want to take it back. Even if it made you uncomfortable, which I'm sorry about, I liked saying it out loud." OK, so I kind of rambled. But she nodded and turned so that she was facing me, quickly resting her head on my shoulder. I put my head on hers and we stayed like that. She started mouthing something into my shoulder, but I couldn't tell what it was. It finally clicked. "I love you too." I smiled as I figured it out.

She must have felt my smile because she started moving her mouth to say something else, but no sound came out. My smile left my face, and I took my head off hers to look at her. Was something wrong? Why wasn't she talking? What was happening? My mind was going at a hundred miles a minute, and worry and confusion were probably showing all over my face.

"Mel?" I said as I saw her eyes close. "Mel!" She fell limp in my arms.

This was not good. At all.

~~~~~

A/N: So there's the next chapter. What's happening with Mel? I guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter! :) Why is there only silence? Where's the dramatic music person? They obviously aren't doing their job. We need a new one. One that doesn't go out on coffee breaks every ten seconds...

Haha OK, enough of me being a nerd. Reviews=next chapter. Have fun with it kids.
Sign up to rate and review this story