Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

He flinched. Good.

by aznfoblover 5 reviews

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-21 - 1014 words

0Unrated
A/N: OK so I decided to keep this chapter in Mikey's POV so it makes more sense. Enjoy.

~~~~~
Mikey's POV

Shit! What do I do? What was even happening? One minute I'm telling Mel that I love her, and the next she's collapsed in my arms after trying to talk to me. This isn't good.

I vaguely remember taking out my phone and calling 911, then telling the person on the line I needed an ambulance out on the outskirts of town. I definetely remember calling Gerard and not knowing what to say.

"Mikey?" Gerard said as he answered. "I thought you were out with Mel." I just sat there on the line. "Mikey? Mikes, talk to me," he pleaded.

"She's...she's not moving, Gee. I'm scared. It's all my fault. Why did I have to say it?" I mumbled into the phone. I could hear the ambulance coming. God, they were quick.

"Mikey, is that an ambulance? What happened? Are you and Mel OK?" Gerard was frantically trying to make sense of what I was saying. The ambulance pulled up and they took Mel from my arms and put her on a stretcher. I got up, unaware that I was still holding my phone to my ear.

"I have to go with her. I need to tell her I'm sorry," I explained to the man in white. He just nodded and motioned for me to get in.

"Mikey, what's going on?" Gerard asked one last time. Then the man in white told me that I had to get off my phone. I told Gee to go to the hospital and hung up, turning my phone off and putting it in my pocket. I took Mel's hand, unaware of the fact that tears were streaming down my face until they started hitting our hands. I kissed hers and wouldn't let go. This was obviously all my fault.

We got to the hospital, and Gee was already there with the guys. All of them were pale, but Ray looked like he had turned into a ghost. I remember the look on his face. His eyes were wide and he looked like I was sure I had when he found out about me and Mel. So scared that he almost looked like he was about to die.

The EMTs (as I learned they were called from the man in white) pried my hand from hers and guided me to the waiting room. The guys were already there. As soon as I walked in, Gerard came up and hugged me.

"Never scare the fuck out of me like that again," he said. I just nodded and walked to a chair in a daze. Ray stood before me.

"I need to know. What happened?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I have no clue. One minute, we're talking, and the next, she can't speak and she looks so scared and she collapses. I freaked. I guess I'm still freaking. What's wrong with her?" I said slowly, almost as if this was a dream. I hoped it was, but it wasn't. Frank and Bob sat back, stunned. Gerard kept his hand on my shoulder. Ray sank into a chair and put his head in his hands.

"Was anyone with Miss Toro-Oritz when she passed out?" we heard a man say. All eyes turned towards me as I raised my hand like I was in class. The man led me away. OK, he dragged me away. We came into a small room with only a small table and three chairs. I sat in one, and he sat in another.

"I'm the doctor working on her, Dr. Maxwell." He held out his hand. I just looked at it, and he took it back. He sighed. "What's your name?" It seemed I, too, had lost my voice. I had to try a few times before I barely muttered a "Mikey" out. He nodded and continued. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"We were out on a picnic like all the other times. And I said it. I freaked her out. She could barely say she was sorry. Then she ran, and I caught up to her and held her. And she tried to say something else, but she couldn't make a sound. Then she blacked out." I can't even remember saying that, but I must have. The doctor gave me a look like he thought I was lying. "That's what happened!" I yelled, suddenly getting angry. How dare he judge me?

"Calm down, son. I believe you. What did you say to make her run away?" he asked. I mumbled it, but he didn't quite catch it. "I'm sorry, could you say it again?" he said.

"I said 'I love you,'" I said quietly. Dr. Maxwell had a small smile playing about his lips. I decided that I didn't really like him. "What's wrong with Mel?" I asked. He just shook his head.

"Sorry, kid, but I can't tell you that," he said. I stood up, knocking the chair over and probably scaring the doctor. I didn't really care.

"Why not? Don't I deserve to know what's happening to my girlfriend?" I asked angrily. And pretty loudly. He flinched. Good.

"You aren't her family. I can't tell anyone not related to her anything." I looked at him in disbelief. Then it finally clicked. Ray.

"Come on," I growled. He got up and followed me back to the waiting room, obviously afraid of me. I got to the guys who looked scared still. I led him straight to Ray. "This is her brother, Ray. Tell him," I commanded. Ray looked up. His face was tearstained and white, his eyes bloodshot.

"Tell me what?" Ray asked hoarsely. I looked at the doctor angrily.

"Your sister. She's...she's in a coma."

We all looked at the doctor, color gone from our faces.

~~~~~

A/N: OK, so there it is. I love having minimum days in the middle of the week. :) Next chapter isn't in Mikey or Mel's POV. Just a little hint. Reviews = next chapter :)
Sign up to rate and review this story