Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Baby Sister

Saving Jaimee

by pinkkissypetefreak 6 reviews

Will she be ok?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-17 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 1252 words

2Moving
Warning- I'm not a real stickler for small details. And I hate hospitals, so no, I didn't do any 'real' research on the medical mumbo-jumbo. Besides the basics, that is. Forgive me, and I hope you still enjoy.



Mikey sat alone. Right outside Stephanie's door, leg bouncing, hands shaking. He'd already dropped his mobile numerous times.

He sat.

He shook.

He bounced.

Still not a word from the ladies dressed in white from head to toe. They were busy tending to one of their beloved. Amber, who was waiting for the ambulance when it arrived, was off calling Steph's parents. She told the devastated Mikey to wait exactly where he was.

Mikey was worried. No, more like scared, for his namesake. A little girl who hadn't yet been born. His niece...Ray's niece. A tear fell into his lap for his brother, who's very future was in air. He remembered the scene vividly. He hadn't seen the exact accident, but he'd arrived before the ambulance did. She was lying on the ground when he reached her, unconscious, looking like a broken, porcelain doll.

"Mr. Way?" Mikey looked up.

"Yeah?"

"Stephanie's asking for you."

"She's..she's awake?" The nurse nodded.

Mikey jumped out of his chair and went to Steph's side, grasping her hand into his. She was pale, but he was suspicious of those damned hospital lights. She hadn't been hurt too bad, scrapes and scratches mainly, but the fall...

Steph took a breath. "Mikey,...I'm scared." She mumbled with dry lips.

"It's ok Stephie. It's going to be ok." He tried to keep her calm, giving her hope, when he really didn't know what was going on. All he knew was that she had no other external injuries, and they were attempting to stop labor by administering drugs into Steph's IV. They were waiting on Dr. MacDonald's test results to learn more.

"How do you know? What...What if...What if..."

"Don't think like that. She's going to be fine," Mikey stroked Steph's hair. "She's going to be fine."

Stephanie began to cry softly. She was afraid. He could tell. Afraid for her daughter. Afraid for her daughter's father.

'Shit!', he thought. Alicia told him Gerard went out to look for he and Steph both befor ehe called. He hoped they would be able to catch him.

"Where is your brother?" Steph whispered sadly. Mikey opened his mouth, then paused.

"I'll get him here. Don't worry. Just...just rest." He told her, kissing her forehead.

*

Frank made sure the two sobbing women were securely fastened into the backseat of his car before cranking the ignition.

"Come on Gerard." He muttered, dialing his number again from his own cell.

"What's up?" Gerard answered finally.

"G-Gee? Uh...Gee?" Frank stuttered, and swallowed. Gerard sounded so happy, he hated to have to offer his friend such horrible news.

"Yeah Frankie? Spit it out." Gerard chuckled. Frank choked up.

"Gee, it's about...it's about Stephie."

*

Mikey stayed by Stephanie's side, even when her doctor came in. She wouldn't allow him to leave.

"So what does this mean for the baby, Dr. MacDonald?" He asked.

"Well, fortunately for us, with the meds we've used, the labor has not progressed. What I'd like to do though, is to keep..." The doctor was interrupted by Mrs. Toro racing into the room.

"Stephie! My baby! Dr. MacDonald! What's going on?!" She cried.

Mikey consoled her while she showered Stephanie's face with kisses. "Mrs. Toro, I was just telling Stephanie and Mr. Way that I'd like to keep her on bedrest and under observation for a few weeks."

"That's good right? My little girl's baby? Is she saved?" Dr. MacDonald gave a slight nod.

"Like I told them, the labor is not progressing, but in all honestly we have to wait and see. We're not out of the woods entirely. The accident has only added physical strain in addition to the level of stress Steph has endured the last few months. But in my opinion, I think everything should turn out fine. She has no fractures, no broken bones. Though she will have bruising."

"S-so, you believe Jaimee will be ok?" Steph asked weakly. The doctor looked at her with kind eyes as she patted her arm.

"I have every reason to believe so."

"Stephie! Can you tell me what happened? What were you doing?" Mrs. Toro asked.

"I was just, walking, I-I guess I wasn't watching where I was going...and then the bike, it just came out of nowhere..."

"She was running, Mrs. Toro, from me." Mikey admitted. Her mother looked totally clueless.

Mikey explained it all to her. Mrs. Toro shook her head. "I should have known. This is causing so much between all of you kids. I don't know why you and Gerard just don't come clean with your brother. Or end it. The price is just too great to be going through this angst."

Stephanie stared at her mother as if she's offended her in the worst way. "Where's Daddy?"

"Waiting for his relief. He'll be here soon."

"And Ray?"

"Out of town with Christa. I haven't gotten in contact with him yet."

Mikey frowned. He hadn't even thought about reaching Ray. Maybe he was even a little afraid to.

It was silent. Stephanie glanced to Mikey, and he squeezed her hand. The door to her private room burst open again. They all thought it was Dr MacDonald, but were proved wrong when the curtain (in front of the door, keeping passersby from viewing the bed.) was pushed aside and a anxious red-rimmed eyed figure stepped through.

"Steph?"

"Ray?" Her brother walked to the foot of her bed.

"What in God's name is going on?" He asked softly.

"Don't worry son. Thing's are going to be ok. Dr. MacDonald is doing everything she can."

Mikey wondered how Ray had gotten here so quickly. He stood up, and squeezed Steph's hand once more before releasing it. "I'm gonna leave you guys alone for a while. Check on Alicia." He said.

"I spoke to Frank just before I came in, he was parking the car. They should be on their way up." Ray said. Mikey nodded, and patted Ray's shoulder on the way out.

When he left the room, he found Christa sitting outside, talking to Amber. "Mikey? Are you ok?" Amber asked. He nodded. Christa looked at them strangly. "Don't worry. We're taking really good care of her. She's one of us, after all." Mikey nodded again, before sitting down.

The rest of the 'family' came rushing down the hall just as he did. "Mikey!" Alicia called and she ran right for his arms. He glanced over her head and noticed his brother, biting his nails, shadowing the others.

"How is she, Amber?" Frank asked. Mikey zoned out as she explained Steph's situation. He was too busy watching his own brother, practically willing him to grow some balls. For him to go in there and be with his family.

Suddenly, Gerard pushed himself off of the wall he leaned on, and walked towards them. His fingers left his mouth, and he straightened his posture, taking a deep breath. Mikey nodded. 'Come on bro...come on.' He urged inside his head. Gerard seemed to 'hear' Mikey's request, and looked at his brother, nodding once. He then proceeded to pass by everyone, all of their eyes on his back. Amber smiled, as did Frank. Alicia gasped, and Christa was still confused.

Gerard exhaled, and pushed open the door....
Sign up to rate and review this story