Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

by meeniemoe 10 reviews

If you count the scores, they're surprisingly even.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-17 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 3642 words

2Exciting
A/N: I find this whole thing ironic...and some of the stuff here is filler stuff...I hope it isn't too boring (this chapter) but if it is, notify me and I will try to make it more interesting. Thanks! =)Oh, and by the way, if you know the song, I'm Gonna Make You Love Me by Diana Ross, that was what inspired part of this fic.

Chapter Five:
I'm Gonna Make You Love Me

He saw her face, and he didn't know what to make of it. It was either utter joy or utter disdain.

But seriously?

Utter disdain looked like the two words that described her face at that moment.

They hadn't seen each other in four years, and four years really did something to a person. For Brendon, it made him a little stronger. For Alice, it made her look weak and very defensive, almost trying to growl and bite, but not quite making it seem as lethal as she wanted it to be. Brendon's head spun. Why was he there again?...Oh yes, because of something that had happened a few days ago, when he saw something in the newspaper...

*A Few Days Back*

"Want some?" Jon held up a can of beer, and tossed one to Brendon. Brendon, in utter surprise, dropped the can, which promptly landed on his feet. "Fuck!" He swore, rubbing his poor big toe.

"Sorry," Jon said as sad as he could, but he was smiling all the same. Brendon shook his head, picked up the bottle, and tossed it back at Jon. "I don't think I'm gonna have beer...dude, it's five am in the fucking morning. Why the hell would I want BEER?"

"I don't know. Maybe because it's the day after your twenty-fifth birthday? And that's something to celebrate?" Jon asked curiously before he opened the fridge to find half of a huge birthday cake still there. Brendon, who still shook his head in despair, walked over to their personal bar.

"It's the day after my birthday." Brendon said slowly.

Jon shrugged, and looked at Brendon somewhat curiously. "Yeah. So?"

"The day after. After being the key word here, Walker."

"So? I say we celebrate every day. Make every day Beer Day." Jon smirked, and opened a can for himself. However, his fiancé had somehow just managed to slip into the living room. Cassie saw Jon and his open can of beer, and instantly swooped down upon him like a hawk. Brendon laughed as Cassie wrestled the can out of Jon's hand, launching into her lecture about beer is bad, blah blah blah...

The band was on tour, and they had all settled down in an apartment in the meantime near the outskirts of LA. They were doing a few small gigs while they were filming for a music video.

As soon as Brendon came out of his thoughts though, Cassie had managed to drag Jon away from the fridge and into her-their-bedroom. Brendon rolled his eyes, and went to toast a piece of bread. He didn't have a girlfriend, though. Slowly, he sighed, and buttered his toast before taking a bite out of it. It seemed everyone was still sleeping, with the exception of both Cassie and Jon who were probably at it like they were the day before on his birthday for crying out loud...

So the last thing Brendon saw was the ceiling, before falling asleep on the living room couch. But for some abnormal reason, the first thing he saw when he woke back up was Spencer's face which was way too close for comfort.

Brendon was scared shitless, and managed to bang his head against Spencer's. Spencer, who was obviously trying to wake Brendon up, because it was 11 am already, fell backwards, moaning and groaning in pain.

"What time is it?" Brendon asked and yawned. Spencer, who rolled about the floor, nearly hit the coffee table, when Jon sniggered from the opposite couch and said, "Uh, it's about 11 am. Why?"

"I don't know. Last time I remembered I was awake was like 5 am, Walker."

"Hey you guys," Ryan said loudly as he entered the room. He nearly plopped down on the couch next to Jon and Cassie, but then realized there was no space. As he made his way over to Brendon's couch-

"Oof!" Ryan tripped over Spencer, and his arm crashed on the glass surface of the coffee table. Soon enough, both boys were on the floor, moaning and groaning. Cassie and Jon, who had seen the whole spectacle from the beginning to the end laughed mirthlessly. Brendon, who was still confused, shook his head.

"You're so stupid-why the hell would you just be lying in the corner like that?!" Ryan yelled at Spencer. Spencer yelled back, "I don't know-why are you so stupid to not look where you're going?!"
"I'm hungry." Brendon said suddenly. Ryan looked up from where he was on the floor, while Spencer was still moaning. Jon looked at his watch, and murmured, "Let's get an early lunch." There was an utter from Cassie's mouth, probably saying 'yes' in agreement with Jon. Ryan rubbed the spots where he hurt most before he got up painfully.

"Isn't anyone going to help me up?" Spencer asked weakly.

"Attention whore." Brendon spat pitifully at Spencer. Spencer yelled, "Hey! I resent that!"

Cassie and Jon laughed, and started out the door. Ryan grabbed the keys on the kitchen table, and walked out after Cassie and Jon. Brendon realized that Ryan didn't grab his jacket, so he grabbed his as well as Ryan's...

...And Spencer?

Well...For some reason, he's always neglected.

And sometimes, it's for a good reason.

(Kidding.)

*
"I still don't get why you guys made me drive in my own car." Spencer said huffily as he glanced at a menu. Brendon laughed, and stretched his arms. Jon and Cassie were, as per usual, in their lovey-dovey world, so it was Ryan who was reading the menu. The waitress came over all too soon, looking overly ga-ga for Ryan. Ryan didn't notice a thing, and only looked up and smiled at the girl before placing his orders.

Jon and Cassie went next, and when everyone ordered, except for Spencer because he decided he wasn't hungry, Jon went to the book shop next door with Cassie.

Which left Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon.

Ryan IMed his girlfriend on his phone. His tongue stuck out just a tad, and he was concentrated on which keys his thumbs pressed on. Spencer held a newspaper in hand. He was briefly flipping through the pages, until he got to one that caught his eye.

"Hey Bren," Spencer voiced rather loudly.

"What?" Brendon asked, a bit annoyed. Spencer gave out a low whistle. "You got out the wrong side of the bed again..."

Brendon growled, and murmured: "Shuddup."

"Okay, okay...I just think that..."

"What?" Brendon asked, as if tired of Spencer's small talk.

"Nevermind."

"I hate it when you do that,"

"I know." Spencer grinned cheekily, as the waitress shoved a plate underneath his face. There were heaps of food on the plate. Instantly, he knew: Ryan. "Ryan, it's yours." Spencer said monotonously, and slid over the plate. Ryan didn't even answer as he received his mashed potatoes, steak, and Caesar salad.

"I'll go get Cass and Jon." Brendon said vehemently, and walked out the door of the restaurant. Ryan, for the first time since they entered the restaurant, looked up. "What's wrong with him?" He asked, and put away his cell phone.

Spencer shrugged. "I dunno. But I think you should definitely see this..." Ryan eyed the newspaper that Spencer slid across the table. "Why? Was there some new murder that I haven't heard about yet?" He joked.

"Ha, ha. Just read, okay?" Spencer managed to say sarcastically. Ryan shrugged, and picked the newspaper up.

"It's just ads." Ryan said in an annoyed tone before he tossed it back to Spencer.

"No, LOOK." Spencer urged before scooting over to where Ryan was to show him a particular ad.

"I don't want to see."

"Yes you do." Spencer said forcefully, and stuck the ad under his nose.

"Is this...?"

"Yeah, it's an ad for an audition. An audition where Alice is going to be, because she wrote the book to it." Spencer said logically, and folded his arms in a 'I-told-you-so' manner.

Cue Brendon's entrance, alongside Cassie and Jon. Jon and Brendon were talking very lively to one other, as if there was a huge debate about something. Cassie was just rolling her eyes.

"What's up?" Ryan asked curiously and hid the newspaper before Brendon reached the table.

"Nothing. Jon again, telling Brendon that he's a great actor and that Brendon should try and audition for a movie, even if it's just for laughs." Cassie replied. She pointed at a plate of brown rice, chicken, and mixed green salad. "Is that one mine?" She asked. Ryan nodded, and pushed her plate to her.

"What movie is it?" Ryan asked, even though he felt he already knew.

"I don't know. Something about The Confessions Of A Rock Star's Girlfriend. I think."

"Cass, that's actually what we were just--"

"And it wasn't too bad, so, in a way, because I read the book...I guess it'd be good for Brendon to just try out...even if it is for laughs...because he really is a rock star...ha."

"Cassie, there's--"

"What?" Cassie asked, annoyed that she was getting interrupted every time she spoke. Jon and Brendon were still at the door, arguing. Ryan leaned over to talk to Cassie in a hushed voice: "But Alice wrote that book."

Cassie frowned, and began to say, "Well, of course! It was on the number one on the best sellers list and...oh my fucking lord. Wait. This is Alice. Alice from the Alice Incident?"

Bingo.

"Shit. Is that why Jon...?" Cassie asked Ryan worriedly. Everyone knew that Brendon went through a terrible sort of 'relapse' after the Alice Incident. He went through the 'hysterical', the 'depressed', then the 'revengeful' stage.

And God knows what Brendon would do to Alice if he could lay his hands on her again.

"Fine." Brendon nearly yelled from the other side of the restaurant. Many heads looked up to see what the small commotion was about. Jon rolled his eyes, and just tugged on Brendon's sleeve to get to where they were sitting for lunch.

"So...Brendon..." Jon began after a long, awkward silence.

"Jon thinks I should try out for this movie. So I guess it'll just be for laughs. Does anyone else wanna try out with me? It sounds like a joke to me." Brendon said quickly, before wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Not me." Ryan said first. He was as introverted as hell, and there was no way he was ever going to be an actor. Ever.

"Spenece...Jon?" Brendon looked at his other two friends. Spencer looked at Jon painfully, almost a 'Do I have to?' kind of glance. Jon nodded forcefully, so both of them in unison mumbled, "Sure."

"Fun. So when is this audition anyways?" Brendon continued while eating the rest of his lunch.

"Later on this week." Spencer said.

"How did you know?"

"...Newspaper." Ryan replied for Spencer. This is bad if Brendon doesn't know he's auditioning for Alice's movie...

Skip forward to when the three men were in the line to audition. Brendon voiced, "Can't we just skip the fucking line? We're famous, right? So can't we just like...get our bodyguard to tell this company that we're on a tight schedule and stuff...?"

"It's a lot more fun if we don't." Spencer said quickly. Jon nodded alongside him. Brendon just sighed.

A half hour later, Brendon stood there tapping his foot. It was taking an awful long time. Since he wasn't talking to Spencer or Jon (he grew a bit sore talking to them because they were picking at how his shoes didn't fit him properly or something ludicrous of the sort.) he turned around to talk to Spencer, at least.

But Spencer wasn't there.

Neither was Jon.

"Motherfuckers!" Brendon swore under his breath. Without thinking, he jumped out of line, and walked all the way down, looking for his two friends and bandmates. Maybe I should just call Ryan and see if they went back into the car at the parking lot...

Bad news was that Brendon couldn't remember if the parking lot was on the west side of the building, or on the east side. He guessed east. He was wrong.

As he ran along the side of the building, he climbed over a low fence, thinking that it was a shortcut. He didn't see the 'Do Not Enter' sign, though.

That's when he was caught. And somewhat lied that he came to audition. But when he was pushed into the room, he forgot about Jon and Spencer. The whole plan of just bull shitting his way out flew up and away above the skies.

Because for some odd reason, Brendon saw Alice again, and feelings erupted within him that made him want the role more than anything ever before.

It was revenge stirring in him again.

Back in the audition room...

"Brendon Urie...? That name certainly rings a bell, but I can't really place you..." Bonnie murmured almost to herself, but Brendon heard her. The audition room was quite small, and everyone could hear everything-despite the fact that Bonnie was only talking to herself.

"I...er...sing for Panic! At The Disco...?" Brendon said half-heartedly. Bonnie's face lit up, and said, "Of course!"

Alice couldn't really say anything. Her tongue was twisted, she didn't know what was happening before her eyes, but most of all, she wanted to get out of the audition room. But she couldn't. She knew she couldn't. Derek nodded curtly, and pointed to the X taped on the floor in front of the table Derek, Bonnie, Alice, and Liz sat at. Liz noticed Alice's sudden tension, but didn't inquire about it.

"Alice-" Brendon started, finally turning his gaze over to her. Alice froze, her back rigid, and her tongue still twisted.

"Oh, you know Alice?" Bonnie asked delightfully. What is with this woman and being so damn cheerful? Alice thought in annoyance.

"Well..." Brendon said, his voice trailing off just a tad. Then he saw her face. Did he want to do this?.../Well, I could take this a different direction...Place the ball on her side of the court.../

"I've read her book." Lie. "And I really liked it." Lie. "The plot was...intriguing." Lie again. He didn't have the slightest clue about the damn plot.

But that was made it oh-so-ironic.

Alice could tell, too. When she saw Brendon's face as he sputtered something about her plot, book, and his opinion about it, she could tell from afar-he didn't know what he was auditioning for, and he didn't know what the hell he was doing there on the spot, except for the fact that she was there and he wanted to toy with her for awhile.

What were the chances that here, after four fucking years, right after I thought I've rid him, he's here before my very eyes in LA...Why? Alice thought to herself, but pushed it aside. She was going to play his game. And it looked like Spencer and Jon put him up to the audition, and ditched him last minute. She could easily expel him from the audition. (Then she wouldn't have to see him again...)

"Nice to meet you, Mr.Urie..." Alice smiled falsely, and went over to shake his hand-personally. Brendon, who was shocked by her calm composure, tried to follow up with clearing his throat, and mumbling, "Nice to meet you...You can call me Brendon..."

"Oh no, I'd rather call you Mr. Urie." Alice nearly whispered, as they grasped hands and shook firmly. Shit, she's mad... Brendon thought in a concernedly.

"So what do you have to audition for us, Mr. Urie?" Alice continued as she ventured back to her seat. The director looked up from his notepad and glanced at Brendon-up and down. Brendon felt weird, being eyed up by almost everyone in the room.

"Can you sing well?" Derek asked him casually.

"Well...I should hope so." Brendon laughed uneasily. "Otherwise the guys could technically kick me out of the band if I didn't have a good voice...and replace me..."

Awkward silence.

Derek broke out into laughter, and Alice could've sworn she jumped about half a foot in her seat. The man had a big laugh! Bonnie smiled widely, and Liz seemed to like Brendon very much.

"Would you like to sing something for us?" Bonnie asked, while Derek marked up his notepad.

"Wait, hang on..." Derek intervened. Brendon looked at Derek, wondering, What now? Can't I just audition?

"Do you have any...pictures, resume, or something to remember you by while we cast?"

Shit. Brendon forgot he was taking this thing seriously. He just planned on waltzing in with Jon and Spencer and basically bombing the whole thing. Except of course, he couldn't do that now. So Brendon flushed a deep cherry red, and said, "Well...no. I don't really uhm...do...movies. It's my first time..."

"Well. I happen to have a camera, so why don't you stand over there and I'll take a full-length picture of you, then I'll take a close-up one of your face." Liz said almost excitedly.

Bonnie shook her head, and said, "You can do that after his audition, because I'm pretty sure we're now holding up a huge line outside."

And as if God spoke her mind, a man opened the door to the audition room. "Is it okay in here? Because the line outside is growing..."

"Yes, we're nearly done, until you interrupted us." Derek barked.

"Sorry." The man apologized, and closed the door. Brendon tried to breathe evenly. What was he going to audition with? Something to sing obviously, since he couldn't really make up some monologue...

"So...sing?" Bonnie asked. Brendon racked his head for something to sing. Alice sat in front of him, like a porcelain doll, awaiting his next move.

...Is it still me that makes you sweat? Am I who you think about in bed?... He thought, looking deep into Alice's eyes. Alice found it too intense, and ended up shifting in her seat uncomfortably. Hah. So she still has feelings for me! He found that part victorious, but now, he still had to think of something to sing!

Sing the first song that comes to mind, Brendon...First song that comes to mind...

"I'm gonna do all the things for you a girl wants a man to do..." He started, a bit softly.

WHY the hell am I singing a Diana Ross song?...

"Oh baby, I'll sacrifice for you..."

Why is this song directed at Alice?

"I'll even do WRONG for you, oh baby..."

But it's true. I'm gonna do anything to get her back, right? What better way to do it than sing a Diana Ross song?...besides making myself the laughing stock of this audition...

"Every minute, every hour, I'm gonna shower you with love and affection. Look out, it's comin' in your direction,"

She's shifting in her seat! She's uncomfortable! Score 1 to Brendon Urie!

"I'm gonna make you love me," Brendon sang as loudly and with as much heart as he could project.

He got so into it, he started singing it with as much passion as possible, and he trailed off the chorus, singing, "Yes I will, yes I will..."

Bonnie's eyes were gleaming, and Derek was nodding to the beat of the song. Then, Bonnie said loudly, "Okay, that's enough. Did you prepare a monologue?"

Alice was astounded, but she picked up her composure when Bonnie asked for a monologue. Alice knew there was none. The only thing Brendon could do when acting was improvisation...

"I could improv. one?"

Speaking of the devil. Alice thought angrily. Trust Brendon to improvise something. Derek nodded, and said, "Okay, let's play a game. It's an improvisation game. Alice, would you do me a favor and stand-in please?"

No...I am NOT acting with Brendon Urie! "Yeah, sure." Alice said, contradicting her thoughts. Brendon smiled warmly.

"What're we doing?" Alice asked Bonnie and Derek. Derek said, "We'll create a scene. Probably a scene from your novel, Alice...and we'll just create a situation and you guys will have a go at it."

"Don't we have the script? Maybe we could do a cold read?" Liz asked politely. Alice turned five different shades of red-how ironic was this? A scene from the past...five years ago, to be exact-and they would both be playing each other's roles. Perfectly. And no-one would ever know except for the two in the spotlight.

"We don't have to script with us today, Liz, we thought we didn't need it," Bonnie supplied off to the side. "In any case, I'll create a scene Alice: it's on the part of your novel where your character, Gina, tells rock-star Tommy that doesn't think that staying at his motel would be the correct thing to do. Brendon, you'll be Tommy. Think hard, critical conflict. And no-one can say 'no'. Everything has to be accepted the way it is, or it'll become a very boring scene. Understand? Action."

The way Alice saw Brendon when she looked into his eyes made her crumble. But she had one advantage: Brendon still knew nothing about the plot. As long as she kept her guard up in this improvisation, he wouldn't see her emotions, and therefore wouldn't see that this whole audition...movie...book...was all about him.

Re-ignited love wasn't on my to-do list when I thought about making this into a movie...
Sign up to rate and review this story